Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

Ordering Vendetta ST tonight. What else do I need?

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Ordering Vendetta ST tonight. What else do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:47 PM
imagebuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering Vendetta ST tonight. What else do I need?

<meta charset="utf-8" />Ok, my first post and my first truck.

I'm going to order a Detta ST from "somewhere" tonight so it will show up by the weekend. I've been browsing this thread and frankly I'm overwhelmed with the options available. I know I will eventually end up w/ an upgraded motor / lipo plus whatever is necessary to support them. For now I'm just ordering the stock car plus an extrabattery. Is this a mistake? Should I be at least getting a few key items? Can I lean on you guys to tell me what necessities I should be starting with?

- Stock battery is only 650mah. Sounds really tiny and it takes hours to recharge. Is their a larger capacity battery that will work w/ the stock car you would suggest?
- Any other parts that I should throw in the basket to get going?
- Recommended online store? Tower? Hobby Warehouse?

Thanks so much for your help here

Chris
Old 02-10-2010, 01:23 PM
rschoi_75

Default RE: Ordering Vendetta ST tonight. What else do I need?

- there are many choices for larger capacity nimh's. DTX makes a 1600 version, and you can also look around for EP 1600mah or Intellect 1600mah packs. If you want to keep it simple and just order from one place (i.e. tower) just go for the duratrax 1600's. I would also suggest moving up to a better charger asap. Look into the Duratrax onyx 230 if you are on a budget. We can discuss battery/charger options for days, so the best thing to do is start by reading up on the battery and charger forums here. It may take a while, but in the end it will save you a lot of time and money by being well read on this subject. "Knowing is half the battle".

- As for parts, buy some spare front upper arms, driveshafts (if you plan on staying stock), a set of rear knuckles, more tires, and some spur gears.

- If you want upgrades, the most popular are: steel cvd's, alloy front upper arms, ball diffs, adjustable turnbuckles, alloy shocks, & better electronics. Other alloy & graphite parts are available, so just choose those based on your needs. If you are planning to beat your truck up, you may want other alloy parts like a steering column, rear knuckles, and double the front shock tower. Dtx branded upgrades are the best quality, but far more expensive than other 3rd party upgrades. You'll want to stick to dtx upgrades for cvd's and ball diffs, other stuff is not as important.

- tower is probably the best place for Duratrax vehicles and parts. Only a few other websites stock dtx parts, and none have the inventory selection that tower does.
www.thetoyz.com is a decent place for option parts. Ebay is always an option as well, but the selection is very limited.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
93dabeast
My Feedback: (1)

Battery:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXVTE6

Servo Hold Down:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLYA5&P=Z

Pivot Balls:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRAJ9&P=Z

the battery that i listed is really good and affordable. i have it on my vendetta tc

the servo hold down is something i highly reccomend cause the servo is just held down with double sided tape

and the pivot balls are a real weak point. mine broke just after 2 runs.

enjoy
Old 02-10-2010, 05:32 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

ABSOLUTE essentians imo are

Steel CVD driveshaft/dogbones(if you want to wait always a pack or 2 of extra stock pos'es)
Ball Diffs(again, if stock have some extra gears and whatnot)
The stock esc is crap, you have to program it everytime you run [:-]
Motors not the best, i went with a rage and goin BL soon
And the notso essential essentials
Tires
rims
body clips
some tools

And battery wise i went cheapbatterypacks elite 1500mah 2/3 cells,deans and 16awg wire
Old 02-13-2010, 01:28 PM
imagebuff

Thanks for the advice on the detta!   At the last second I changed my mind and went for the E-Revo VXL 1/16.  Hope I didn't make a mistake because it's obvious the Vendetta is highly recommended here.  At the time I wrote this I was 100% going to hit the button on the Detta.  Then I saw the E-Revo and got the hots for it.
I really appreciate your help. 

Thanks
Chris 
Old 02-14-2010, 10:24 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

honeslty i wish the revo was out when i got my detta, good choice
Old 02-16-2010, 02:47 AM
jaejw1

ORIGINAL: imagebuff

Thanks for the advice on the detta! At the last second I changed my mind and went for the E-Revo VXL 1/16. Hope I didn't make a mistake because it's obvious the Vendetta is highly recommended here. At the time I wrote this I was 100% going to hit the button on the Detta. Then I saw the E-Revo and got the hots for it.
I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Chris

you will be fine... and the DETTA will always be there waiting for tyou.. if you so decide
Old 02-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont worry! there will be more to follow......
R/C's are like lays tater chips, nooooobody can stop at 1!
Youve got a great truck coming.