Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

official savage-nano thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:39 PM
rabbit1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: official savage-nano thread

I just tried his and you were right.. the VR3 must be 2.3mm shaft, and the pinion was a different pitch so I couldent give it a go.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Go-Zilla

ORIGINAL: rabbit1
I just tried his and you were right.. the VR3 must be 2.3mm shaft, and the pinion was a different pitch so I couldent give it a go.
That's probably the biggest 1/18 brushed motor (I think). Someone could correct me if wrong. I don't think the zilla... ahm...sorry I mean Savage-Nano will never be able to catch up with your son's detta thou. But when it comes to speed, are you trying to gain acceleration or top speed again his ? You can use the pinion size to play the trick thou. Or you could try the Losi MLST2 stock brushed motor, I think it is bigger, but I will have to wait until I got home and double check.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:59 PM
rabbit1

looking for more top end but I don't want to sacrafice low end either.. I've got the 13T pinion installed and it's still got good grunt but still not as fast as the detta. I think his VR3 with a 8-9 tooth in my Zilla would be just about right.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Go-Zilla

looking for more top end but I don't want to sacrafice low end either.. I've got the 13T pinion installed and it's still got good grunt but still not as fast as the detta. I think his VR3 with a 8-9 tooth in my Zilla would be just about right.
I took out the Losi MLST2 brushed motor, turned out it is the same diameter as the Savage-Nano stock brushed motor.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:45 AM
rabbit1

right on.. I haven't been able to find anything yet but I'm going to keep an eye out..
Old 03-28-2010, 09:17 PM
vpower

well im using an e-flite park 400 3s li-po and really big pinion gear but i only get 31 mph outa my mini-ermm i mean old savage nano
Old 03-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Go-Zilla

I guess they are the ones probably get the Savage-Nano first huh ?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIhjQ1crdLE

Looks fun.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:34 AM
rabbit1

that's a lot of zillas... I notice one guy has his shocks mounted up side down. I wonder if that might help prevent the shafts from getting bent...?
Old 03-29-2010, 06:48 AM
rabbit1

here's a clip from the toy show with a tiny shot of the Nano at the very end..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRTPs...eature=related

and another in German with some nano footage near the start..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5WggKmiUx8
Old 03-29-2010, 11:34 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: vpower

well im using an e-flite park 400 3s li-po and really big pinion gear but i only get 31 mph outa my mini-ermm i mean old savage nano
Probably because that battery is putting out under 10 amps of power, not enough to reach the full potential of the truck.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Go-Zilla

that's a lot of zillas... I notice one guy has his shocks mounted up side down. I wonder if that might help prevent the shafts from getting bent...?
I think (I think) besides bending, it could help making the bottom heavier to stablize when cornering, perhaps since they are racing these ? Or he might just put them in wrong by accident and we just try to interpret too much lol.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:57 PM
rabbit1

probably hehe... something else I just thought of though, it may help keep the oil from leaking out.. mine are constantly leaking because I keep bending the shafts and it screws up the seal. I'm going to give it a try...

on a side note.. I see hotbodies billed my CC a couple days ago so they must have had all 4 tires/rims in stock. I was a bit worried they might only have 2 since they disappeared off the garage sale when I put the first 2 in my cart..

Old 03-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Go-Zilla

31mph is good man. That's 49.9 kph already. 3s, woo watch out for stripping diffs.

I was bashing my merv with friends a week ago on lose dirt in the neighborhood with all those emtpy house lots that no houses are going in. We got 40-45 mph on merv stock on a Hyperion 3s. So 31 mph on a milliz...er..Savage-Nano isn't bad at all.

To be honest, I don't think any of these 1/16, 1/18 size mini will survive a big crash when it goes beyond 45mph.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Go-Zilla

right on.. I haven't been able to find anything yet but I'm going to keep an eye out..
Come to think of it, everyone runs Losi MLST/MLST2 brushed kinda like that Losi Insane brushed motor upgrade saying it has more torque and speed. So if the stock MLST brushed motor is the same size as stock Savage-Nano (370)... I would think that insane brushed motor will fit nicely right ? Like this one:

http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...0121&cat_name=

Old 03-30-2010, 01:27 AM
Go-Zilla

I can't help it, so I gave that a try tonight. Yes, up side down seems to make it turns better. Seems like run better too perhaps the center of gravity is weight toward the bottom of the truck now... I swaped out the front to a pair of metal shock but kept the rear shock stock thou...insteresting result and what a good idea.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:27 AM
rabbit1

I was just messing around with my shocks some more and had an idea.. if you have 2 sets of good oil shocks you can remove the springs and collars and mount them up side down for extra damper.. that's just what the zilla needs because the shocks are so skinny. ....and more importantly it will LOOK awesome
Old 03-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Go-Zilla

I was just messing around with my shocks some more and had an idea.. if you have 2 sets of good oil shocks you can remove the springs and collars and mount them up side down for extra damper.. that's just what the zilla needs because the shocks are so skinny. ....and more importantly it will LOOK awesome
Or do it like this guy does to his: http://333bankin.blog58.fc2.com/blog-entry-174.html

Old 03-30-2010, 02:01 PM
rabbit1

I coulden't make heads or tales of that.. all Chinese... I see a pic of the top of a Minizilla shock though..

Old 03-31-2010, 12:32 AM
Go-Zilla

I coulden't make heads or tales of that.. all Chinese... I see a pic of the top of a Minizilla shock though..
LOL, those are Japanese, not Chinese. I think this person was able to get a bigger Tamiya shock to replace the stock shocks. I think they are these if I didn't read it wrong.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/SPARE-PARTS-.../dp/B0000WRXNK
Old 03-31-2010, 06:47 PM
rabbit1

ok I got my Hotbodies goodies today, I was impressed! pretty fast shipping for cross border, and the box was all wrapped in fancy HPI racing tape lol. anyway.. here's a pic of my 'first gen' savage nano..

now I just need one of those nano bodies!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46957.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	1408676  
Old 03-31-2010, 08:52 PM
Go-Zilla

ok I got my Hotbodies goodies today, I was impressed! pretty fast shipping for cross border, and the box was all wrapped in fancy HPI racing tape lol. anyway.. here's a pic of my 'first gen' savage nano..

now I just need one of those nano bodies!
Woo nice, Savage-Nano type of wheels and fancy shocks. You know those shocks you have it in there used to cost like a 1/2 a car payment.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:01 AM
rabbit1

ooooh i know, i bought the shocks back when they costed half a car payment.. back when the canadian dollar was at 50% so it was more like 3/4 of a car payment... hehe..

Old 04-04-2010, 08:40 PM
vpower

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Probably because that battery is putting out under 10 amps of power, not enough to reach the full potential of the truck.
im using the rihno 1550 mah 30c li-po
Old 04-23-2010, 03:08 AM
Go-Zilla

Anyone has any inside scope for that Savage-Nano in EU ?

Something is weird too, I used to see lots of those Minizilla knock off on eBay. I don't see any of it anymore, almost like they are pulled at the same time.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 PM
vpower

how much longer till the nano comes out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.