Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

my m18t pro is too fast!! need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:22 AM
donny1:1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my m18t pro is too fast!! need help

Hi All

Need some help i have a rxay m18t pro with a mamba mirco pro esc + 6800 motor+ 12 tooth pinion and 2 cell lipoI find it a bit too fast for the space im bashing in. I dont want to put extra stress on the drivetrain and i dont really like to crash this thing at crazy speeds im a newble to 1/18th and iam not use to see something this small going this fast crashing it hurts the car and me

So I have a few options

1. buy the usb connector to adjust the speed i want but the question is when i adjust the speed to a lower setting will i lose the torque as well?

2. change the pinion to a smaller one but which one?

3. this is the one i am really considering a new motor a mamba 4200 or a 5400. i dont want to a over powered motor for the car but enough to pop wheelies, and wheel spin

Any help will be good

Thanks
Donny

Old 02-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Mr. Mugen

Default RE: my m18t pro is too fast!! need help

I use the 4200 in mine and like it.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:28 PM
mrbonez

just get yourself some nimh battery's that will slow you down a bit but the catsle link would be a great option . there is alot you can adjust with the link . heck i use a 8000 kv mamba in a mini t with 2s lipo and have no problems at all but i have it dialed back with the link . if you do get another motor i wouldnt go with any thing less then a 5400 kv
Old 02-24-2010, 12:58 PM

mr mugen - how does it go with a 4200 do you find any issue with it like top speed or excitment. I will do a bit of carpet racing and drifting on smooth concrete and polished wooden floors is that still possible?

mr bonez - nimh is not really a opion i spend to much on the lipos i feel like it would be a waste of money if i didnt use them... i brought 4 of them dam!! do you get the same torque if you dial it back thats my real worry.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:05 PM

sorry for the stupid questions guys im new to the whole brushless/lipo thing my pervious r/c's are nitro and dont really know poo from dirt yet
Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 PM
tylerjackson
My Feedback: (1)

Drifting on polished wood floors might be a real bad idea to your finish on the floors. what tires are you running?

The 4200kv will actually have more torque than what your already running and will have less top speed. The KV rating is the RPM per volt also the lower the KV is the exact same thing as going up in the turns of the motor. I dont actually know the exact specs but its like this: 4200Kv is 14t and your 6800Kv is a 10t (these are not the right specs just a example).

does this help?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:59 PM
tylerjackson
My Feedback: (1)

PS. rock crawlers like to have about a 55 turn motor for the torque and speed demons like to have 9 turn motors. See how the turns affect the speed? Well the Kv rating is about the same thing in something like a different language and goes backwards. 6800Kv = faster / 4200 = more torque. 55t = more torque / 9t = faster

Anybody correct me if im wrong.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:14 AM

hey tyler yeah i found out the hard way rubber tyres are not good for polished wood. i run foam now its ok the floor is old and all sratched up to it dosent matter to much but dam fun!

i think i understand with the gearing and since the 4200 has more torque i can play around with it a bit more as well which is handy.

Thanks man appreciate that you for answering a few noob q!

But the problem is now i found out my friend has the castle link this morning and tried it out it killed my esc wihen i updated the firmware ill give cc a call later hope they can sort somethng out for me
Old 02-27-2010, 03:05 AM
DarkHorse

Try an 8T or 9T pinion to lower the max top speed form mid 30s MPH (12T pinion) to the mid 20s MPH (depending on tyre diameter), have play with this this calculator estimate to see how KV and pinion/tyre size effects top speed (at mid pack voltage etc.).