Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro high roller opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 04:30 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro high roller opinions

Looking at getting a new micro high roller and want some opinions here. I'm looking at a micro high roller with the losi 3S lipo and one of the losi 1/36 brushless setups. I'm just trying to figure out whether to go with the 8750kV or 10250kV setup?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Micro high roller opinions

man the MHR will be undriveable IMO on that kinda power
I got one and on the stock NiMh's it wheelies and back flips the 1st 15 mins of operation just from tapping the acceleration

if you want a setup like that you might want to try the Micro Raminator or the micro desert truck seeing they have a lower COG and I don't think they would end up on their roof after you tap the throttle

But thats just my opinion
Old 03-12-2010, 03:56 AM
MountainMotor

I just went and got one, it's a sweet little truck. I ended up going with a 2S lipo and it's hard to control in the apartment. It will just flip over on command. I was looking at the brushless motor setup's but found out that I have to buy a new servo and receiver too so I'll end up spending almost twice what the truck cost to turn it brushless. I'll probably go brushless soon but for now the lipo has a lot of punch. I'm looking for some aftermarket rims and tires, anyone have any suggestions on where I can find some?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:44 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

you didn't need 2s to flip it on command
but tires I hear the raminator tires fit and help weigh it down some. Saw a video of a guy with the lipo setup in his with the raminator wheels on it, and it managed to keep its wheels down a bit more.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:16 PM
MountainMotor

Yea, I've heard of some people putting the Raminator wheels on. Are they just the typical 1/18th Raminator wheels?
Old 03-12-2010, 06:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

no there are 2 raminators
mini raminators the 1/18th
micro raminators the 1/36th scale (tires you want off this one)
Old 03-12-2010, 09:36 PM
MountainMotor

I've never seen the 1/36 Raminator. It's not listed on Losi's website. Do you have a link to one?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:49 PM
vectorhive

i think the micro raminator is discontinued but these are the tires for it http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB1574
Old 03-13-2010, 12:57 AM
MountainMotor

Thanks for the link. I'm gonna look into getting a set of those. I was also wondering, should I be running the lipo's on the stock setup because I'm sure it doesn't have a low voltage shutoff does it? I also noticed that the steering servo is really loud while turning, is this normal for these?
Old 03-13-2010, 01:18 AM
vectorhive

i'm a newb on this model but i got mine with a lipo and it seems to work fine. i've not had it thermal yet.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:31 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

to my knowledge it doesn't have a LVC cause I run mine till it can barely move on the NiMh's
and yes mine has a pretty loud servo also. Its servo is louder than most my 1/10th scale RC's...
Old 03-15-2010, 01:46 AM
MountainMotor

Anyone know where to find some aftermarket rims/tires and some aluminum upgrades for the micro high roller? I've looked at quite a few sites and haven't been able to find much. Will micro t rims fit on the high roller?
Old 03-16-2010, 09:41 PM
mfs

Your best bet is to put the threaded axles on your High Roller, then you can use any of the Micro-T tires/rims, and you won't have to deal with those stupidly tiny clips. The High Roller has slightly different sized axles for some obscure reason. I have the threaded axles on two High Rollers with Raminator wheels/tires and they work great and look awesome. And as for the person that said that the Raminator wheels might weigh it down some, no way. The Ram's are bigger, increasing the gear ratio and it seems to wheelie / backflip more than ever. I had planned to go brushless and/or lipo but even at the stock 4.8v NiMH its fast with nice runtime.

Also, someone mentioned the lack of LVC on the MHR. If you use the Losi packs for LiPO, it doesn't matter as they have internal LVC on the pack itself. I wish someone would build 2s packs like this for 1/10 scale (Slash spec racing).

Oh, and for those looking for aluminum parts, most Micro-T parts work.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:02 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: mfs
And as for the person that said that the Raminator wheels might weigh it down some, no way. The Ram's are bigger, increasing the gear ratio and it seems to wheelie / backflip more than ever. I had planned to go brushless and/or lipo but even at the stock 4.8v NiMH its fast with nice runtime.
hmm ok the post I read about them the guy just said they were heavier than the stock said he put them on, would try it later, and he didn't post anything after that. He didn't mention larger sorry I ran with incomplete info seeing I couldn't find the wheels at my LHS.

and the threaded axels are those the Micro-T axels? what would be needed to put them on the MHR? I can't stand those damn stupid clips and have no idea why they even went that route.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 PM
mfs

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

hmm ok the post I read about them the guy just said they were heavier than the stock said he put them on, would try it later, and he didn't post anything after that. He didn't mention larger sorry I ran with incomplete info seeing I couldn't find the wheels at my LHS.

and the threaded axels are those the Micro-T axels? what would be needed to put them on the MHR? I can't stand those damn stupid clips and have no idea why they even went that route.
No intention to bash you or anything, just wanted to make the point. These little trucks wheelie lots with the heavier/larger tires. High COG will do that. The ram tires are also a LOT wider.

The axles are Micro-T threaded axles. No modding needed, just install them in place of the current axles and say goodbye to the clips. They even come with a little nut driver tool.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:20 AM
MountainMotor

Good deal. I'm gonna go get some new Micro-T axles then. I just ordered a wheelie bar and some new shocks for it so we'll see if those help at all. I'd like to go brushless but I can't keep it on it's wheels the way it is with the Lipo so I'm gonna upgrade a few things and then look into brushless.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:26 AM
MountainMotor

Has anyone ordered from atomicmods.com? They have some nice Micro parts but I just wanted to see if I could get some feedback on them.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:01 PM
mfs

I have not, but I hear they are good to go. I have ordered from thetoys.com though, A+ on the service there.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:42 PM
01bluerado
My Feedback: (11)

+1 for thetoyz.com! they have great service and plenty of parts. 10% off your first order too!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 PM
MountainMotor

I just installed a modded brushed motor and now it's overloading my ESC. If I install the Losi brushless ESC will I have to upgrade the servo or will the stock one still work?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:44 PM
mfs

If you want to go brushless in the MHR, you need a new ESC/Motor (obviously), new Radio / receiver, and a new Servo (3 wire to work with standard receivers).
Old 03-25-2010, 10:45 PM
mfs

BTW, there is a crap-ton of info on Losi Micro's at this site: http://www.microtforum.com/forum/
Old 03-26-2010, 10:39 PM
MountainMotor

I was just wanting to stay with the modded brushed motor for now but found out on Losi's site that if I change out the ESC that I have to get the servo kit too so I'm just gonna wait and go brushless soon. Thanks for the Micro-T forum info though.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:05 PM
jeepin4fun

I don't have the micro high roller, however I do have the micro t, micro raminator, and heavily modded micro desert truck. I run the losi lipos in all three, the micro t and raminator are otherwise bone stock. now my micro desert truck has the brushless set up, and yes you do need the reciever/servo combo to do the conversion. But in my opinion I wouldn't bother going brushless unless your just speeding through empty parking lots, or the street. Its way to powerful to handle on a track situation. The lipo alone made a huge difference in my other two STOCK micros. I run them in a large basement, half carpeted, half tiled... on the carpet is the only place i can get traction with my modded Desert truck, but it's too fast. running a stock truck with a lipo would be your best bet(it was for me and my uses). traction on the tile forget about it, only my raminator can get minor traction on the tile. I personally, and 2 of my friends, get odd interference with the lipos for some reason. If I were you running the trucks indoors would go with just a brushed aftermarket motor, and get those threaded axles, what a difference they make.