Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

1/16 MERV aluminum parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 02:40 PM
AndrewNS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/16 MERV aluminum parts

I have been searching the net trying to findTRA7015Front & Rear Body Mounts for a 1/16 mini e-revo vxl. All I can find is the OEM plastic parts.

Has anyone come across this part made out of aluminium?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2010, 03:16 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: 1/16 MERV aluminum parts

Stick with the plastic mounts...if you start sliding on the roof, and you will sooner or later, then the mounts will just slowly start to sheer down and you will have a waste of money.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Summa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.thetoyz.com On the left side bar find traxxas and itll give you every part aluminum/plastic part you ever need for this car... My suggestion is not to get the aluminum that the tie rods screw into, and not to get aluminum a-arms.. there some things you want to flex, and they are the two main ones.. Get RPM A-arms, they will never break. Any other info you need, just go to the E-Revo official thread and we will help.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:02 PM
brianjskora
My Feedback: (3)

Dang Summa- you beat me to it.

yea I was going to suggest the toyz too. Aluminum body mount are a must, and well worth the money, if on pavement. A few flips on pavement and those plastic ones are worthless. I just replaced the front ones with aluminum since the backs dont hit with the wing on.

http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...%201/16%20REVOif you dont want silver, type "revo post" in the search and other colors come up. 2 pieces for front, 1 piece for rear.

Get those in aluminum, and aluminum wheel hubs. Thats it. Anything else will cause excessive breakage
Old 04-10-2010, 10:38 AM
DettaSCT
Banned

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

Stick with the plastic mounts...if you start sliding on the roof, and you will sooner or later, then the mounts will just slowly start to sheer down and you will have a waste of money.

well said

plastic is cheap to replace, alloy is NOT, and if you are breaking the stock body posts it is because you are crashing a lot and going to the alloy one will just accelerate and exasperbate your problem

alloy parts are for the guys that don't run, race, or bash their rigs. the stuff looks pretty, but really does nothing other than look good. for a daily runner they lead to broken parts elsewhere, as the force of impact is directed elsewhere