Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

1/18th Rally Cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 01:55 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/18th Rally Cars

ORIGINAL: MR.FEESH

Haha nah man. I just wanted some clarification on the differences between the Vendetta and the RC18Rwhich you gave splendidly. It just so happens that in the process, I realized I'd rather have the challenge of building a kit, and decided I may indeed want to be rough with it outdoors. So I'm going with 1/10th for a summer project while it's nice to be outside.
Like I said, I'm going to end up with a Vendetta for indoors use it'll most likely just replace my MRS4 all together. I'll PM you with pics of my Vendetta set-up when I have it to prove it wasn't a wast of your time lol

that is what they all say, LOL
Old 04-12-2010, 04:21 PM
cumquat

for 1/10 you should check out the tamiya df03ra.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:34 PM
MR.FEESH

ORIGINAL: DettaSCT

Haha nah man. I just wanted some clarification on the differences between the Vendetta and the RC18Rwhich you gave splendidly. It just so happens that in the process, I realized I'd rather have the challenge of building a kit, and decided I may indeed want to be rough with it outdoors. So I'm going with 1/10th for a summer project while it's nice to be outside.
Like I said, I'm going to end up with a Vendetta for indoors use it'll most likely just replace my MRS4 all together. I'll PM you with pics of my Vendetta set-up when I have it to prove it wasn't a wast of your time lol

that is what they all say, LOL

Haha I'm sure they do. Also, what's with all your sigs defending your honor? You're obviously not a troll or anything I mean it has been my experience that you're just a nice person all around...is there a forum lounge that I'm not aware of in which you post?

ORIGINAL: moron88

That is precisely the model I intend on building. Pretty pumped!

Old 04-12-2010, 07:20 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

Haha I'm sure they do. Also, what's with all your sigs defending your honor? You're obviously not a troll or anything I mean it has been my experience that you're just a nice person all around...is there a forum lounge that I'm not aware of in which you post?
It's really more about the fact that some folks just find reason to cry to the mods about EVERYTHING.
I can be a little short at times, but I try to help folks. Some of them seem to think this is burgerking and they can "have it their way."
Old 04-12-2010, 07:46 PM
MR.FEESH

It's really more about the fact that some folks just find reason to cry to the mods about EVERYTHING.
I can be a little short at times, but I try to help folks. Some of them seem to think this is burgerking and they can "have it their way."
Oh I know it happens, just doesn't seem like you're the type of person that people would make a fuss over. Any one gives you trouble send em my way lol

Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

I can be a little short at times, but I try to help folks. Some of them seem to think this is burgerking and they can ''have it their way.''
Oh I know it happens, just doesn't seem like you're the type of person that people would make a fuss over. Any one gives you trouble send em my way lol [img][/img]

Had someone narc on four of my posts I've made over the last few days. Seems that some people get butthurt awfully easily or are PMSing.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:26 PM
MR.FEESH

I can be a little short at times, but I try to help folks. Some of them seem to think this is burgerking and they can ''have it their way.''
Oh I know it happens, just doesn't seem like you're the type of person that people would make a fuss over. Any one gives you trouble send em my way lol[img][/img]

Had someone narc on four of my posts I've made over the last few days. Seems that some people get butthurt awfully easily or are PMSing.
Really? Some people man. Everyone's tougher when they're sitting behind the safety of a keyboard. Damn shame.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 PM
cumquat

is there a lounge that I'm not aware of?
yes there is.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_85..._1/key_/tm.htm

Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
MR.FEESH

is there a lounge that I'm not aware of?
yes there is.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_85..._1/key_/tm.htm

Oh lord.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:24 PM
5 Volt Detonator Robert

Wow that Datsun is awesome - what are some other good 1/10 rally cars?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:50 PM
MR.FEESH

ORIGINAL: 5 Volt Detonator Robert

Wow that Datsun is awesome - what are some other good 1/10 rally cars?

Honestly I'm not sure there are too many others. Tamiya has a discontinued line that you can still get...the TB-01. It's less functional, but more realistic looking.

This is the tamiya product listing for them...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/cat...p?sub-id=36170

I know CEN racing had a couple rally kits out too. The DF03RA seems to be a good mix of form and function. The body selection could definitely be worse.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:18 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

Oh I know it happens, just doesn't seem like you're the type of person that people would make a fuss over. Any one gives you trouble send em my way lol [img][/img]

Really? Some people man. Everyone's tougher when they're sitting behind the safety of a keyboard. Damn shame.

That's not being "tough sitting behind a keyboard," that's being a pansy and run tattling to mamma.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:10 AM
MR.FEESH

Oh I know it happens, just doesn't seem like you're the type of person that people would make a fuss over. Any one gives you trouble send em my way lol[img][/img]

That's not being "tough sitting behind a keyboard," that's being a pansy and run tattling to mamma.
Meh. Well, such is the internet I suppose.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:44 AM
DettaSCT
Banned

That's not being ''tough sitting behind a keyboard,'' that's being a pansy and run tattling to mamma.
Meh. Well, such is the internet I suppose.

Yeah, it is funny how many forums I have seen dry up or die entirely.

Some people were so intent on getting the "meanies" booted, that just so happened to be the ones that had useful info to pass on, that pretty soon the experienced guys either did get banned or left on their own because they were tired of the endless newb-led attacks and complaints.

Nothing like "biting off your nose in spite of your face."
Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 AM
MR.FEESH

Yeah man, that's no good.  I was pretty surprised; I'm sort of getting back into RC after a hiatus and naturally I tried to find the most active RC forum/websites out there to help me get my feet on the ground again.  Much to my surprise, all of the forums that I used to post on either no longer exist, or hadn't seen any posts since odd years like 2007.  I think it's a spider web effect, the epicenter of which is always people getting banned and never coming back.  It kills conversation and forces the people with answers (as opposed to questions) away.  

Even this forum/site!  I did a search last night for an official forum regarding the 1/10th model I'll be buying, as well as another search for an official Rally 1/10th scale thread...I found both, and also found that the last posts in each were from 05-06!  That doesn't do me much good...  I definitely agree with you that in a lot of cases, it can be just a few chatty but knowledgeable individuals that support whole forums.  When they get banned for illegitimate reasons, it's just counteractive to the purpose of having a forum in the first place.  

Better to do away with a makeshift lounge than to ban people who post their opinions in it.  IMO, anyways.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:34 AM
DettaSCT
Banned

Exactly.

I don't care where I read, whether it's the newspaper or on one of these forums, I see stuff all the time I might not totally agree with.
But in most cases I just ignore it, if I think it's retarded or stupid, and move on to the next subject.
To me unless someone is just trolling around calling out everybody and calling them names, I guess that wouldn't be cool, but otherwise LET IT GO!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Lilredmachine

There is a Kyosho rally car, the DRX. It may well be worth looking at.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:46 AM
xy3lug

EDIT: wrong venue
Old 04-13-2010, 02:27 PM
MR.FEESH

Exactly.

I don't care where I read, whether it's the newspaper or on one of these forums, I see stuff all the time I might not totally agree with.
But in most cases I just ignore it, if I think it's retarded or stupid, and move on to the next subject.
To me unless someone is just trolling around calling out everybody and calling them names, I guess that wouldn't be cool, but otherwise LET IT GO!
Exactly.

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

There is a Kyosho rally car, the DRX. It may well be worth looking at.
Kyosho? Ew.

I'm just kidding.
Thanks for the head up, I'ma check it out right now!