Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Anyone racing the mini short course trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 04:16 PM
9five9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone racing the mini short course trucks?

I'm pretty much set on getting a Vendetta SC, but I just had one quick question for the mini community. People started racing Slashes everywhere as soon as they hit the shelves, but I haven't heard anything about the mini SC trucks. I guess I've seen some videos of people racing the 1/16th slash VXL, but it's been out a little longer than the SC18 and the Detta SC. So does anyone know if they are hitting the tracks anywhere? If they are, does one of them seem like a better platform for racing? I know the Detta is a little bit bigger and shaft driven and the SC18 is smaller and belt driven. Thoughts?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:29 AM
9five9

Default RE: Anyone racing the mini short course trucks?

I picked up the RC car action Short Course trucks issue, and it layed out a comparison between the two, and I guess they threw in the mini slash too. So I've made my decision, but I'm also wondering if anyone plans on racing these trucks. They are cool trucks and I think they'll be fun, but I'd like to see them take off in the mini world like the 1/10th scale trucks took off when they first came out. They are clearly the most popular racers right now, and I really think the minis would be just as fun. But I don't know, that's just my $.02
Old 05-11-2010, 01:56 PM
EricTyrrell

Personally, I haven't haven't had much luck yet drumming up interest in 1/16 scale here.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:30 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to me it seems like any of the mini stuff is more of a novelty item and also a lot of people go brushless, but i have the MLST2 and with the brushless setup i got it's almost impossible to control. i think i would be cool if they came up with races just for minis in the stock form or maybe they already do and i'm not in the right place. an open class would absolute chaos.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:45 PM
9five9

I agree, it would have to be stock. But to me, it seems like the spec classes are what's drawing so many people to race the 1/10 SC trucks. You buy a $200 truck that's ready to race. You go race it. Simple as that.

A few years ago I went and watched a 1/18th carpet race. I don't remember all the details, but it was mainly stock RC18t's, Vendettas, and other stock form 1/18th stadium trucks racing. Then they had a buggy class, and a RC18R class of its own. It was awesome. The best part of it was that it was all pretty much stock. They had an open class, but with that much power, it didn't look fun at all.

As for the mini SC trucks, the 1/16 slash doesn't really interest me. It's the 1/18th ones (the two that are available) that I'm looking at. If nothing else, it will be fun to tool around my basement with.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:12 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i never had 1/18 scale but i agro my dog with my MLST2, it makes me laugh. i can say this ,it will definetly take a jump off the kitchen table. lol
Old 05-11-2010, 05:15 PM
tomst-maxx
My Feedback: (8)

I race the 18r on a onroad carpet. We run it as a nascar class cuz the track is tri oval and we run nascar bodies. I bought one of the sc18 in hopes other people would aswell this way we could start a new class, but money is always a problem, so........ The owner has one and said as soon as we can get one other person we can set up a class and race night for it
Old 05-11-2010, 05:25 PM
9five9

Awesome dude....shouldn't be a problem for you guys to get a few more. How do you like your SC18? It's such an all new platform so I haven't heard much about it.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:08 PM
DogbreathRacing

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz0ff1JYOFI]1/16th Slash Race[/link]
Old 05-12-2010, 08:53 AM
tomst-maxx

I like it alot, the belt drive is much smoother threw the turns, the steering has a ton less slop in it (thank god). We have set up little jumps on the track and its a blast to fool around with. I put a bl in mine just to see what the truck stock could handle. the diffs are holding up very nicely, I bought a set off ball diffs but haven put them in yet as i want to wait till i blow out the stock ones lol
Old 05-12-2010, 01:59 PM
calvino

I think "mini" cars are best suited to either *really* smooth and well kept indoor tracks or those "foam" tracks or carpet tracks [8D] I found another hobby shop that holds "mini z" racing but I will see if I can talk the guy into maybe having sortof a "mini" race there, I think it would be a cool idea. I do tend to agree that 'most' people treat 1/18th cars as "novelty" items which in my book the aren't. I do have to say that keeping the speeds at around stock is fine for most racing, anything past 30 MPH is just dumb
Old 05-13-2010, 12:49 PM
9five9

ORIGINAL: calvino

I do have to say that keeping the speeds at around stock is fine for most racing, anything past 30 MPH is just dumb
I agree, and I think that's why 1/10 short course racing has exploded as it has. the popular classes are the stock or spec classes.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:54 PM
mc4798

No class to race them here.

But I enjoy my vendettas (SC and TC) more than any other rc I have.

The vendetta sc bone stock has been very durable and just about as easy to drive rc I have drove. Very good handling and looks more like the real trucks than the slash/blitz do while driving.