Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

On-road E-Revo VXL?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:10 AM
ThEoNeS911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On-road E-Revo VXL?

Not sure if i've posted this before, been gone for awhile (school and life stuff comes first!) but my Traxxas 1/16 does get a bit boring, and I was thinking about doing a conversion. Isaw that someone on the Traxxas forums did it with his Slash and made it a Civic carpet racer, and it looked pretty neat. I might have some pictures (NOTE:NOTMINE, IDON'TKNOWWHOTOCREDIT) and attach them. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please give some input! (BTW, If you didn't notice, my TT01 is still a roller, hopefully its cheaper this way then I can sell the roller?) But, heres my plan;

Making it a rally/on-road.

The dimensions of the revo are 6" wide (from end of the wheels) and 91/2" long (front of chassis to end).
A standard 190mm 1/10 On-Road body is 17 1/2" long and 7 3/8" wide (according to an HPIIntegra,Tower Hobbies) meaning cutting it to fit will give it a odd look. THe 200mm is 18" x 8" (HPIProva Impreza, Tower Hobbies), not too different.
Next, Ilooked at the Associated 1/18 bodies. Dimensions are: Length: 11" (274mm) Width: 5.5" (139mm), so it's not wide enough.
Theres also the Cup Race bodies, dimensions being Length: 365mm (14") Width: 167mm (6.6"), so that might work, just have to find a way to remove 5 inches from an already small body. The HPIMini Civic body has similar dimensions. So, I was thinking of getting either a 190/200mm Subaru Impreza/Lancer Evo body, chopping it, getting the proper wheels, then lowering the stance of the Revo.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85702.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	1454821   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65888.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	1454822