RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   NEW! Traxxas Rally VXL (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/10037938-new-traxxas-rally-vxl.html)

fathead431 09-30-2010 10:59 AM

NEW! Traxxas Rally VXL

didnt see this coming!
http://traxxas.com/products/electric..._rally7307.htm
looks pretty sweet! but i doubt its offroad capabilities with the stock tires thoguh...
sick body though!
http://traxxas.com/products/electric...-low_green.jpg
http://traxxas.com/products/electric...prographix.jpg
http://traxxas.com/products/electric...tr-chassis.jpg

gforce2448 09-30-2010 11:09 AM

RE: NEW! Traxxas Rally VXL

I LIKE IT A LOT!!!! Yeah, never saw that coming from Traxxas. But it looks awesome! Basically uses alot of the same parts from the Mini Revo and Slash. I would definitely consider getting one of these later on. Even though it's a rally car it's definitely looks more for street.</p>

ritojr 09-30-2010 12:28 PM

I need to get that! Video on their site is kind of misleading though bc they are drifting on a go kart track, much slicker than your average street or driveway. Would be interested to see how they drift on real pavement first. Look cool though!

gforce2448 09-30-2010 01:59 PM

I agree! Not sure how well it would drift on a typical parking lot. But, it's got to be able to handle and drive better on pavement and asphault than the 1/24 Losi Rally because it's for one larger and probably has a better suspension. Plus it's powered by the VXL system! And for those who already have a Mini Revo or Mini Slash...no need to buy nimh or lipo batteries.

PeterTRAXXAS 09-30-2010 03:11 PM

The shot of the car sliding through the cones is just plain ol' Texas concrete. Other shots too, I have to look at that video again. The car drifts well, I assure you. AND you can still power down the straights!

garry1970 09-30-2010 03:26 PM

this thing rocks! I'm going to be getting one of these when they are released in the cold cold north :)

hasek1616 09-30-2010 05:28 PM

this thing looks sweet, i see a lot of possibilities for this little car, i cant wait to see what people do with it. if i got it i know the first thing i would do is jack up that suspension, it looks to low in the pic to handle offroad driving, but thats no downside. they definitely need dirt tires for it and thy should partner with subaru or dc to make some race replica bodies! if i didnt just buy an scx10 i would seriously consider buying one of these, i think the onroad guys will jump on this!

Speed917 10-01-2010 10:44 AM

How much do one of these run for ?

gforce2448 10-01-2010 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From what I've read on other sites. $299 RTR (w/ 2.4ghz system), just like the 1/16 E-Revo.

Also the 1/16 Rally is fairly good size. It's got oversized tires. Here is a photo Ifound. Comparing it to a 1/10 Rustler.

gforce2448 10-01-2010 11:14 AM

For those of you with a 1/16 E-Revo or Slash, it wouldn't take much to convert one to a Rally. A-Arms, tie-rods, axles, front andrear body mounts, front bumper, tires/wheels and a body.

Can't wait to see people start modding these. Those who put a 1/10 motor in their Mini-Revos...do the same to a Rally, talk about a street machine! lol

ritojr 10-01-2010 12:53 PM

well if it drifts like Peter says I am in! Really wish I didn't buy the 1/24 losi rally. too bad I didnt know this was coming out....

gokemidoro 10-01-2010 02:02 PM

PeterTraxxas,

What size wheels and tires, in millimeters, does that little go-getter have? That would be the only factor in whether I get one or not. I use standard 1/10th on-road wheels for drifting. If they fit, Traxxas has another sale.

t9dragon 10-01-2010 03:24 PM

Traxxas will be shipping them out to the shops on October 10th.....

SyCo_VeNoM 10-01-2010 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: gforce2448

For those of you with a 1/16 E-Revo or Slash, it wouldn't take much to convert one to a Rally. A-Arms, tie-rods, axles, front and rear body mounts, front bumper, tires/wheels and a body.

Can't wait to see people start modding these. Those who put a 1/10 motor in their Mini-Revos...do the same to a Rally, talk about a street machine! lol
actually for the slash from how the pics of each chassis looks is simpler, and cheaper to convert than the revo
Slash would need front bumper, body mounts, tires, and a body. The a-arms from the proportions in the pics I saw look the same as the slash's

Xmoto16 10-02-2010 03:23 PM

Rumor has it that traxxas has one more up its sleeve before the end of the year. maybe even early next year feburay at the most

SyCo_VeNoM 10-02-2010 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Xmoto16

Rumor has it that traxxas has one more up its sleeve before the end of the year. maybe even early next year feburay at the most

Jack up its suspention, throw smaller forms of talons on it, and call it a 1/16th stampede?

I sometimes can't help myself :D

hasek1616 10-02-2010 05:58 PM

that would be pretty neat, would it be called a mini stampede or a mini maxx though because it would be 4wd but it would also probly have revo type suspension

93dabeast 10-02-2010 10:17 PM

im def in to get one of these. i wonder if they will make foam tires for it

1320Fastback 10-02-2010 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Xmoto16

I've herd thru the grapevine it will be a Nascar Camping World Truck like vehicle. You know go fast turn left, repeat.

goodcheesema 10-03-2010 02:04 PM

You mean like a mini spirit?</p>

Brainanator 10-03-2010 05:03 PM

so.....traxxas put even smaller wheels and tires on the mini revo than the mini slash and slapped a different body on it to make a small scale drifter that will handle worse off and on road than the mini revo?

I know there is more to it than that, and I'm sure it's a fun little thing to drive, but I'd stick with the mini revo.

9five9 10-07-2010 09:59 PM

"experience rally driving excitement, gymkhana style." (from the traxxas website) So is it a rally car or a gymkhana car? big difference between the two.

hasek1616 10-08-2010 09:12 AM

from looking at those tires and where they show it running in the video id say its a gymkhana car, but i hope they have parts planned to make it a better rally car

andy30k 10-08-2010 05:50 PM

as for the person that asked about tires i run standered 1/10 scale on road tires on my mini slash and saw a vid on youtube saying thanks to traxxas for a rally car and it showed one with a subru body gold rims and a way more aggressive tire package

alexchen86 10-10-2010 02:37 AM

Man that thing is just a more durable answer to Losi Micro Rally. Tamiya has been doing rally for years and years and no one has them beat on chassis design and durability. Traxxas stuff always looks like toys to me. If HPI came out with a real rally car I'd be interested.

Traxxas Rally is just an onroad mini-erevo. Same motor/esc/chassis. They just changed posts, some arms, lowered the chassis and for some odd reason put tarmac tires on there.....sigh.

I guess Traxxas = durability, moster fun no scale realsim
HPI: durability, scale, much wider selections