RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/10681583-official-hpi-savage-flux-xs-thread.html)

martin34 08-25-2011 08:50 PM

RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: dcfever

the car is actually out already, just shipping to US takes few more days from now.
It is very cute but solid like a tank :D
Any chance of a few more pics?[8D]

Foxy 08-25-2011 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: micro guy

Would this battery fit?

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-3300-3s1p.html
Like a glove

dcfever 08-26-2011 04:35 AM

found today:D not the mah I want, but just the max 3s can fit right on
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/y...ement/Bbox.jpg

Rcforme... 08-26-2011 04:59 AM

Sweet!

dcfever 08-26-2011 05:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Rcforme...

Sweet!
got one of this smallest 90 degree plug I could find for my other batteries, hope it will work ;)
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/y.../smallplug.jpg

Foxy 08-26-2011 05:35 AM

I use those plugs on my Orion hard case 2s at 90 degrees, it'll b fine if the terminals are your only concern. I just hope there is some way to get a 50mm wide battery to fit. If there is I shouldn't have any issues.

dcfever, what are the dimensions of that 4200 you bought?

dcfever 08-26-2011 06:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I use those plugs on my Orion hard case 2s at 90 degrees, it'll b fine if the terminals are your only concern. I just hope there is some way to get a 50mm wide battery to fit. If there is I shouldn't have any issues.

dcfever, what are the dimensions of that 4200 you bought?
The plugs are prefect! I got all 2S hard case working now
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/y...element/sb.jpg

Foxy, my 3s 4200 exact dimensions are 137 x 42.8 x 27.5 , I have tried 7 different batteries at the shop, only this can fit with max mah
the width I measured for you Max is 51 , so 50 is totally fine :D

Foxy 08-26-2011 08:15 AM

Thanks a lot for that, a weight off my mind. At least my 2s packs will fit, and I may even be able to squeeze the 3s in then! Jus tneed to find an extra 3mm in length. Maybe I'lll put the packs in a press for a while, squish them a bit lol.

Patiently waiting for some video now then :)

nitro-rob 08-26-2011 11:48 AM

If anyone who preordered from Tower got their please let me know.  I am glad they are starting to come in.

redfisher1974 08-26-2011 11:55 AM

Really looks like a solid little truck, My Tactic RX came in today and my castle link is on the way..... Just need the truck!

nitro-rob 08-26-2011 12:07 PM

So what are the dimensions of the largest battery so far?  I am looking at a thunderpower with dimensions <span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 11px; ">30.0 x 46.5 x 138.</span>

redfisher1974 08-26-2011 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

So what are the dimensions of the largest battery so far? I am looking at a thunderpower with dimensions <span style=''font-family: arial; font-size: 11px; ''>30.0 x 46.5 x 138.</span>
That will fit Rob.

t9dragon 08-26-2011 02:04 PM

Thanks a lot for that, a weight off my mind. At least my 2s packs will fit, and I may even be able to squeeze the 3s in then! Jus tneed to find an extra 3mm in length. Maybe I'lll put the packs in a press for a while, squish them a bit lol.

I have found several videos of the XS on youtube.

Foxy 08-26-2011 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

I have found several videos of the XS on youtube.
I've seen them too, but they're all pretty bad, even HPI's one with all those funny angles, can't get a feel for how the truck looks and runs, and apparently they are all on 2s as well. If you find something that's decent quality, the camera follows the car, and it's running stock on 3s, please post up!

Rcforme... 08-26-2011 04:36 PM

Wait! Are there videos that show the car driving other than the teaser, the video of the orange XS at No Limit RC and the official video?

nitro-rob 08-26-2011 05:43 PM

I just ordered this battery for the XS: Free shipping and its coming from within Canada.<div></div><div><span style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; ">P4300-3SPR65D Thunder Power RC G6 Pro Race 65C 4300mAh 3-Cell/3S 11.1V Lipo Battery</span><div><span style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; ">Its a hardcase with dimensions:</span><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; "><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 11px; ">30.0 x 46.5 x 138.</span></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; ">
</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; ">I have a spektrum receiver, mamba max pro and Hitec 5685MH servo ready to jam in when it gets here.</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; ">.</span></div></div>

Foxy 08-27-2011 01:39 AM

Keep the MMP for something else, the stock esc (vapor pro) is 65 mph capable according to HPI, I doubt there is any need to change or upgrade it.

dcfever 08-27-2011 05:58 AM

just had first run today!
3S was too much power, wheelie all the way, almost too hard to control :D
2S fast enough, wheelie whenever full gas, very fun

however, electronic died after my second battery. not sure if the motor or esc. the esc still has the LED light on ok (green(throttle), red (brake), yellow (neutral)), but beep disappeared (should have sound whenever connected to battery). Then the car not moving at all...
anyone knows what can be wrong?? thanks

redfisher1974 08-27-2011 06:04 AM

What is the stock gearing?

martin34 08-27-2011 06:20 AM

however, electronic died after my second battery. not sure if the motor or esc. the esc still has the LED light on ok (green(throttle), red (brake), yellow (neutral)), but beep disappeared (should have sound whenever connected to battery). Then the car not moving at all...
Have you tryed to recalibarate the tx and rx?

dcfever 08-27-2011 06:22 AM

stock is 28 / 56

dcfever 08-27-2011 06:36 AM

ORIGINAL: martin34

Have you tryed to recalibarate the tx and rx?
just rebind again. the servo and esc got the signal. ESC no sound and motor not moving! if motor is dead then esc should still have beep sound when connected battery like first time, maybe both are dead?!

martin34 08-27-2011 07:40 AM

When you say rebind do you mean just the radio?Have you tryed to recalibarate the esc?I dont have one of these but on my 2350 you had to calibarate the esc so i am presuming you do on these aswell?

dcfever 08-27-2011 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: martin34

When you say rebind do you mean just the radio?Have you tryed to recalibarate the esc?I dont have one of these but on my 2350 you had to calibarate the esc so i am presuming you do on these aswell?
yes i did followed the manual. Full throttle and connect battery same time, then wait the ESC LED from green to yellow, then full break until LED yellow again then neutral wait for yellow. This should reset the ESC ?! I did that before and had beep sound, but now no more beep sound and also not working ..... [:o]

martin34 08-27-2011 08:00 AM

Hmmm i am not to good with electrics so thats all i can think of.Hopefully some more knoledgeable people will be around later with some ideas.If it is the motor and esc gone HPI will obviously sort you out under warrenty but it must be very annoying for you[:o].