RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   HobbyKing 1/16th Short Course Truck thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/11175199-hobbyking-1-16th-short-course-truck-thread.html)

seehuusen 07-30-2012 04:50 PM

HobbyKing 1/16th Short Course Truck thread

Hey guys,

I bought one of the HK 1/16 SCT and it really rips for the amount of money it costs

I thought people with this car could share some ideas in this thread :D

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...log/A2023T.jpghttp://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...g/A2023T-7.jpg

<p style="margin: 5px 20px 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; font-size: 11px; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; ">Specs.
Motor Size:B370 Brushless inrunner (Included)
Motor KV:4800KV <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); ">(it's a 24mm diameter motor, 30mm long)</span>
<span style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 255, 0); cursor: pointer; ">ESC</span>:25A with Reverse (Included)
Battery:2~3s 1700mAh LiPo (Required)
Battery compartment:(100x31x20mm MAX SIZE)
Servo:High-Torque Steering Servo (Included)
Traction:Full Time 4WD, Twin Diff
Length:345mm
Width:186mm
Height:125mm
Ground Clearance:25mm Adjustable</p><p style="margin: 5px 20px 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; font-size: 11px; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; ">Included.
1/16 Brushless 4WD Short Course Truck
25Amp power system (Motor and<span style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 255, 0); cursor: pointer; ">ESC</span>)
High-Torque Steering servo
User manual
Antenna tube
NEW!This truck now includes a full metal outdrive set.<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); ">(This is great news, as it's a must have upgrade!!<span style="font-size: 12px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, helvetica; ">:D</span>)</span></p><p style="margin: 5px 20px 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; font-size: 11px; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; ">Required.
Radio System (<span style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 255, 0); cursor: pointer; ">Rx</span>/<span style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 255, 0); cursor: pointer; ">Tx</span>)
2~3S 1700mAh<span style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 255, 0); cursor: pointer; ">Lipoly</span>Battery</p>
This truck needs the metal gear box/ out drives and oil shocks to really come alive :) The updated version sold now has the metal out drives, so just make sure you order the oil shocks too ;) and some shock oil, as they often get delivered dry

I was wondering if you could please suggest wheels/rims with 8.5mm hex? I cannot seem to find anything other than those standard wheels...which could use an upgrade...
Thanks HEAPS in advance :) (local hobby shop was not helpful at all, apparently Turnigy can be an allergy?!? :p)

cheers
Martin<br type="_moz" />

seehuusen 08-01-2012 02:51 PM

RE: HobbyKing 1/16th Short Course Truck thread

really?? Not a single reply??<div>
</div><div>Anyone that runs this little monster who has changed tyres/rims?? What did you change to??</div>

Glassart007 08-01-2012 07:52 PM

Kyosho mini inferno

thehuntingterminator 08-01-2012 08:03 PM

Let us know how you like it. I'm thinking about getting one because they're just so dang cheap.

seehuusen 08-01-2012 08:24 PM

<span style="font-family: Arial; ">Thanks mate! :)</span><div style="font-family: Arial; "></div><div style="font-family: Arial; ">Any other models with the same hex?
(only reason I ask is the inferno is quite expensive here in Oz, a tyre combo would be nearly as much as the car ;) )

OTher than that, the car is really fast I reckon, and for the money I have no complaints (let it be known that I don't compete)

getting the following upgrades seems to do great things for the car</div><ul>[*]the aluminium shocks and oil ads sooo much better handling[*]the metal outdrives are a must have upgrade too, as the dog bones have a tendency of falling out otherwise (or sqeeze out of the outdrive, when you see it you'll know what I mean ;))[*]standard tyres baloon on 3S, hence my question about other ones :D[/list]This car, on a 3S 2200mah Nanotech, rips so hard that I needed to lower the throttle to learn to drive it
I think the car could do with a bit more weight, so I don't have a problem adding the heavy nanotech to it ;)

I've smashed the car, rolled it, jumped it and no component has died YET!
I do let the car cool down every 10-15mins or so, because with the 2200 Nanotech in there, the car will go for nearly 40 minutes!!!

I'd love to see what other people has done to their car, especially mods that aren't straigh out of the spareparts list on the HK webshop for this car ;)
I've become really tired of the tiny rocks that get into the steering, so some "mud flaps" will be fabbed up, bicicle innertube will be the go I reckon

Cheers
Martin<br type="_moz" /><br type="_moz" />

seehuusen 08-04-2012 01:29 PM

anyone else doing anything to this little ripper of a truck?? :)

seehuusen 08-15-2012 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,<div></div><div>I thought I'd add a few pics of some modifications I've made</div><div><ul>[*]Oil filled aluminium shocks (filled with TrackStar Silicone Shock Oil 350cSt)[*]Front guards toeliminatesmall stones getting into the steering, as well as less dirt amongst the hardware[*]Body modifications for better air flow[*]moved ESC to above the drive-shaft for better cooling[*]New tyres/ Rims[*]Rear metal gear box[/list]The shocks, metal gearbox and guards are by far the best mod I've done!</div><div></div><div>I have trimmed the guards in a fair bit from what the pictures show, as the truck felt less stable (steering-wise) at higher speeds, I assumed wind was lifting the front end slightly... It's much better cut down now, and still keeps dirt and rocks away :D
In order to keep a decent amount of air flow for the electrics (which we all know get pretty hot in this thing), I've modified the body a bit, a cut-out between the new fenders allows more air flow, as well as the little window/bonnet scoop (plus I reckon it looks great :))</div><div></div><div>The shocks is a must, the standard ones are simply not good enough, the oil weight seems pretty good, but I have a few other weights that I'm going to try out... I'll post what I find when I have replaced the oil</div><div></div><div>The metal gearbox was predominantly bought for the metal out drives, these in plastic (originally plastic) split, and then you loose the dog-bone and ultimately drive to the wheel... The metal upgrade seems to haveeliminatedthat all together... I've ordered one for the front now too...</div><div></div><div>The tyres were just the standard ones, I can't seem to find any other tyres for this car atm... So I tried the gaffa tape trick on the inside... it's not working for me though :(</div><div></div><div>Well, I hope we can get a bit of a chat going about these cars, surely other people are enjoying the tinkering on these cheapass cars :D</div><div>Show us your setup!</div><div></div><div>Cheers</div><div>Martin</div>

thehuntingterminator 08-15-2012 05:14 PM

Nice!

The_Shark 08-15-2012 08:22 PM

nice to hear its not too bad of a product, and its pretty sad all the big names charge so much.[:o]

SyCo_VeNoM 08-16-2012 06:38 AM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

nice to hear its not too bad of a product, and its pretty sad all the big names charge so much.[:o]
well there are a quite a few 1/16ths under $140 so they aren't THAT much
The main difference for say something like my RC18 I can go on ebay, and get parts easy not have to rely on hobbyking alone ;)

Some of the offbrand 1/16ths have been piquing my interests recently even the new himoto seems pretty damn solid(well I think anything is more solid than the HPI Recon)

seehuusen 08-28-2012 12:30 PM

Hey guys,<div>
</div><div>The truck is still running hard :D With the upgraded parts, including metal gearboxes and oil shocks, it is really starting to come to life (as my driving skills are getting better too I suspect ;) )</div><div>
</div><div>Many people on the HK site are complaining about hot motors, so I grabbed a little heat sink, and it's working a treat :) If anyone else would like to do the same, you need a 24mm heat sink, this is the one I got: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18341</div><div>
</div><div>I just super glued it onto the motor... I was wondering if that was going to work, but trust me, it gets plenty hot, so heat must be dissipating through there ;) If anyone is keen, I can upload a pic of it all</div><div>
</div><div>Time to finish my morning coffee, pack the car and head off for a sneaky little drive before work ;)</div><div>
</div><div>Cheers</div><div>Martin</div>

seehuusen 08-29-2012 03:38 PM

This whole package is sooo much fun, in fact I may have run a few too many battery packs through it yesterday, ended up with a very dirty motor and car, and without cleaning it, the motor eventually stopped working...
I pulled the back off the motor this morning, and it had dirt and crud inside!!! Between the winding and the stator... IS THIS NORMAL?

How would you clean brushless motors normally? Or is it just a case of, when it's full of $h|t, chuck it and buy another??<div></div><div>Your input is appreciated :)

Also, the motor seems to be a 4800KV brushless 2430 sized... This is a pretty odd size it seems, could someone recommend a replacement?
I've looked at a 2440 motor, but it's only running at 3860KV (here's the link:http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_3890kv_.html)</div><div></div><div>Thanks in advance</div><div>Martin</div>

seehuusen 08-30-2012 07:00 PM

I got two motors on order now from HK (Details below)<div>I also purchased a few different pitched pinions to suit the 2mm shaft and the 2.3mm shaft, I kinda wish I could find a 16 or 17pitch for the 2.3mm shaft, but HK didn't have any... This was just to take advantage of the increased amount of torque...</div><div><div>
</div><div><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">2040 Brushless Inrunner Motor 4800kv</span></div><div><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">Specification:[/b]<br style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "/><span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">Dimensions: </span><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">20mm x 40mm
[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">Max Amps:</span><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "> 20A
[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">Resistance: </span><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">0.0399
[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">KV: </span><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">4800
[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">No load current: </span><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">1.4A
[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">Max Power:</span><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "> 220W
[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">Li-Po:</span><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "> 2-3S
[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 255, 0); cursor: pointer; ">ESC</span><span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">:</span><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "> 25A[/b]</div><div><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">
</span></div><div><strong style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">KB20-30-18S 5200kv Brushless Motor (FIN)[/b]</div><div><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">KB20-30-18S
Shaft Size:[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "> 2.0mm~10mm </span><br style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "/><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">Motor Dimensions:[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "> 20x30mm     </span><br style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "/><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">Weight:[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "> 55g</span><br style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "/><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "><span style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 255, 0); cursor: pointer; ">Kv</span>:[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "> 5200</span><br style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "/><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">Idle current:[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "> 1.3A</span><br style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "/><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">Resistance:[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "> 0.0710</span><br style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "/><strong style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; ">Max Amp:[/b]<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; "> 12</span></div></div>

thehuntingterminator 08-31-2012 02:27 PM

Got any pics of how the truck sits now?

seehuusen 09-04-2012 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey mate,<div></div><div>I am just about to receive the motors (did the EMS shipping from Hobbyking in China) so the pics I've put up are without the motor in there</div><div>As I said, I bought both, and a few different pinions, so it aught to be interesting to see how that all goes :D</div><div></div><div>Hope these show what you're looking for, please let me know if there is anything in specific you'd like me to take a pic of :)</div><div></div><div>Cheers</div><div>Martin</div>

thehuntingterminator 09-04-2012 04:27 PM

Doesn't look too bad for how inexpensive it is. I've thought about getting a couple of these to run together, but I just spent $300 on a brand new Axial Exo kit and electronics so it won't be anytime soon!

seehuusen 09-04-2012 11:14 PM

LOL, its an addictive hobby all right :p

thehuntingterminator 09-05-2012 03:23 PM

ORIGINAL: seehuusen

LOL, its an addictive hobby all right :p
Yep sure is.

seehuusen 09-10-2012 03:00 PM

Hey guys,<div>
</div><div>I got the two new motors, but the original engine mount doesn't fit properly, so I am guessing I need to do my own...</div><div>Not to worry, I'm handy with my hands, but I would really like some ideas on how to make one</div><div>
</div><div>Please post up your custom mount ideas guys :)

</div><div>Thanks in advance</div><div>Martin</div>

seehuusen 09-18-2012 07:12 PM

oh my god, overwhelming response... Nah just kidding ;)<div>
</div><div>I guess I'll take a piece of aluminium and give it a 90 degree bend, drill appropriate holes and go from there, is that what other people might have done too in similar cases?</div>

thehuntingterminator 09-18-2012 07:19 PM

Sorry but doesn't look like too many people are into these little trucks. In still listening though!

oh my god, overwhelming response... Nah just kidding ;)<div>
</div><div>I guess I'll take a piece of aluminium and give it a 90 degree bend, drill appropriate holes and go from there, is that what other people might have done too in similar cases?</div>

seehuusen 09-30-2012 12:41 PM

I've been super busy at work lately, but today is a bit of a mixed day, I'm electing to work on a bank holiday... So I should be able to sneak into the shed and tool up a mount today :)

I'm going to use a flat piece of aluminium, which I'll bend 90 degrees, then drill holes for the motor to mount to<div>I might have to make new holes to mount the motor, but that's not a major drama</div><div>
</div><div>That reminds me, while I'm sitting here with my coffee, I better go find out what HK are doing about my lost package, maybe I can get some more bits for my little project :D</div><div>
</div><div>Will update with pics once I'm done ;)</div><div>

seehuusen 10-30-2012 06:04 PM

wow, time flies when you are busy!<div>
</div><div>Well, I got the motor mount made... Did it out of a sheet of aluminium. </div><div>This is held by two 3mm screws through the chassis, and two screws through the mount, to hold the motor</div><div>
</div><div>In all excitement, I soldered up a new XT60 plug on the ESC, connected my fully charged battery AAAAAAANNNDDD puff... smoke... so I'm off to buy a new ESC, something programmable I think :) For this size car, everything is sooo bloody cheap :D</div><div>
</div><div>I'll post some pics and stuff when I've got it all together again</div><div>

thehuntingterminator 10-30-2012 06:08 PM

wow, time flies when you are busy!<div>
</div><div>Well, I got the motor mount made... Did it out of a sheet of aluminium. </div><div>This is held by two 3mm screws through the chassis, and two screws through the mount, to hold the motor</div><div>
</div><div>In all excitement, I soldered up a new XT60 plug on the ESC, connected my fully charged battery AAAAAAANNNDDD puff... smoke... so I'm off to buy a new ESC, something programmable I think :) For this size car, everything is sooo bloody cheap :D</div><div>
</div><div>I'll post some pics and stuff when I've got it all together again</div><div>
Get yourself a HobbyWing 35a ESC from valuehobby.com. Under $30 and I guarantee you it will never get over 110 degrees in that car.

seehuusen 10-31-2012 12:48 PM

thanks for your input mate :) <div>
</div><div>It sounds like I made the right choice then ;)<div>I wanted it all yesterday, LOL, so I ordered my stuff from the Aussie warehouse, for quicker delivery</div><div>
</div><div>I hope this will work a treat in the little car :) By the sounds of it, it should do well</div><div>Oh and I got the programming card for it as well (yep, I know it says it's for a 150a ESC, but the ESC I bought also supports it)</div><div>
</div><div>Cheers</div><div>Martin</div><div>
</div><div><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">Hobby King 35A Sensored/Sensorless Car ESC (1:10/1:12) (AUS Warehouse)</span></div><div>http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=30285</div><div>
</div><div><span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">Hobby King HKSS programming card for HK 150A ESC (AUS Warehouse)</span></div><div>http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=30277</div></div>

thehuntingterminator 10-31-2012 02:25 PM

That ESC is gonna do great considering its almost double the size of the stock one if I'm not mistaken.

thanks for your input mate :) <div>
</div><div>It sounds like I made the right choice then ;)<div>I wanted it all yesterday, LOL, so I ordered my stuff from the Aussie warehouse, for quicker delivery</div><div>
</div><div>I hope this will work a treat in the little car :) By the sounds of it, it should do well</div><div>Oh and I got the programming card for it as well (yep, I know it says it's for a 150a ESC, but the ESC I bought also supports it)</div><div>
</div><div><span style=''font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ''>Hobby King 35A Sensored/Sensorless Car ESC (1:10/1:12) (AUS Warehouse)</span></div><div>http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=30285</div><div>
</div><div><span style=''font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; ''>Hobby King HKSS programming card for HK 150A ESC (AUS Warehouse)</span></div><div>http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=30277</div></div>

seehuusen 10-31-2012 07:13 PM

thanks mate, the original is a 25A rated cheap ESC... I doubt it handled that...<div>In fact, I don't actually know why it burned up, it happened right when I connected the battery for a test</div><div>I'm not game to put another battery back on it, at less than $25 you really don't need to argue reliability vs cost LOL :D</div><div>
</div><div>Should be fun with all the new gear...</div><div>
</div><div>I hadn't been able to find a heat sink for the little 2040 motor, do you reckon it's required? For piece of mind, I should just get one ;) </div><div>Details below of the only one I could find that looked semi good... but it's for a plane... Thoughts?</div><div>
</div><div>http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...0_heatsink.jpg
</div><div><h1 style="font-size: 13px; margin: 0px; line-height: 29px; background-image: url(http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...s/linkOver.gif); background-attachment: scroll; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); height: 29px; padding-left: 5px; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; " class="productGeneral" id="productName">20MM HI DISSAPATION HEATSINK</h1><h2 style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(255, 0, 0); margin: 0.3em 0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); " class="productGeneral" id="productPrices"><span class="price-text">$6.00</span></h2><div style="font-size: 1.2em; padding: 0px; color: rgb(50, 61, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); " class="productGeneral biggerText" id="productDescription">Lightweight Hi dissapation heatsink made for 20mm inrunner motors. </div><div style="font-size: 1.2em; padding: 0px; color: rgb(50, 61, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242); " class="productGeneral biggerText" id="productDescription">Motor locating sleeve for mounting 20mm motors into EDF55 &amp; 64 fan units with 24mm housing.</div></div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>
</div>

thehuntingterminator 10-31-2012 07:35 PM

Nah as long as your gearing is ok it'll be fine.

seehuusen 10-31-2012 09:45 PM

oh OK, AWESOME, Lucky I bought a few different pinions ;)
Thanks again for your advice and knowledge :)

seehuusen 11-04-2012 03:40 PM

woooohooo, ESC and programming card has arrived, this arvo I should be able to put it all together and go for a test drive :D

seehuusen 11-07-2012 02:26 PM

<div>Hey guys,</div><div>
</div><div>I've got the whole lot solered up with connectors and everything.</div><div>Then I switched it all on, and there was no go on the motor?!? Not even a slight movement (steering servo worked fine, so power is coming to the receiver and onto the servo)</div><div>
</div><div>When looking in the manual, it says, if you have an orange and a red LED lit at the same time (constant light), the ESC is setup as a sensored motor</div><div>I'm not really sure on the difference between the two... Sensored/ Sensorless, and HK doesn't list whether or not it is or isn't... I didn't think it was...</div><div>
</div><div>On my ESC, it has a warning label that reads as follows:</div><div>
</div><div>Warning!</div><div>1.<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>When installing the ESC on the Sendored Brushless motor, please attend to the  labels marked with A, B, C which must corrospond accordingly on the motor. Once misconnected, ESC will break down</div><div>2.<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>Set up the ESC at the Throttle Range Calibration for the debut, or it does not work smoothly</div><div>3.<span style="white-space:pre"> </span>Not accessible to the Brushed motor</div><div>
</div><div>Point one, I've got my motor wires wired, motor to ESC: blue to blue/ yellow to yellow/ red to orange</div><div>
</div><div>images for reference :)</div><div>
</div><div>http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s.../2040-main.jpg
</div><div>http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...alog/17228.jpg
</div><div>
</div><div>I think that is right?</div><div>
</div><div>Point 2, what is the Throttle Range Calibration?</div><div>
</div><div>Point 3 doesn't concern me, I have a brushless motor ;)</div><div>
</div><div>Thanks in advance for your input</div><div>Martin</div>

brenthampton79 11-08-2012 07:48 AM

My wife got me one of these for my birthday and I ran it last night for the first time. Seems pretty fun for the money, its a little skaty but i figure thats because its so light and on concrete. I like it so far.

seehuusen 11-11-2012 05:41 PM

welcome to the thread mate :) <div>They are fun little cars for sure!! I can warmly recommend the upgrade shocks and also the metal out drives, especially on 3S</div><div>
</div><div>Tested my ESC with two different motors, both brand new, and I think I might have a dud ESC... spewin' :( now I've gotta contact HK to find out more... </div><div>Time-wise, it'd probably be faster to just go pick one up from the local hobby store... but I don't like the guy there, anti-"anything not from his store" makes for a bad customer experience...</div><div>
</div><div>cheers</div><div>Martin</div>

seehuusen 11-13-2012 02:52 PM

it's confirmed, the new ESC was a dud :( so it's in the mail back to HK for a replacement...<div>On the upside, I did test the motors on my boat ESC, and I can't wait to try them out in the car!!! :D</div>

seehuusen 11-14-2012 08:14 PM

it seems I'll be without an ESC for about a week... damn :(

Surfing evilBay, I found another potential motor...
I might buy it too LOL

Check out the specs:

Brushless motor Model: B2445 KV4200
Rotational Speed: 4200Kv (rpm/v)(rpm/v)
Power (W): 450W
Wire Winds: 6
Motor Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 24mm x 47 mm
Shaft Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 2mm x 12mm
Input Battery Types: NiCd/ Nimh/ Li-po Battery
Recommend Model: RC Model Car or Boat
Weight(g): 100

seehuusen 11-18-2012 03:03 PM

mmmmm :) Hobbyking has come out with a new SCT in this size, and it has some aluminium upgrade parts :D I'll have to have a look at fitting them up to this model too ;)<div>
</div><div>Interestingly, the motor is pretty much identical to what I'm putting into this SCT</div>

seehuusen 12-10-2012 08:50 PM

still without an ESC, sending the second one back again... it was DOA :(

seehuusen 12-18-2012 01:01 PM

still waiting on HK to send me a working ESC. Now I've purchased a different model... will see how that one goes... it's been like two months since I ran this car last... not enjoying the wait, but in all fairness to HK they have swapped all faulty items out and given HK Points to redeem against another item...

seehuusen 01-03-2013 09:33 PM

new ESC arrived, then I installed it all, and the new motor is so powerful that it strips the rear diff gears!!! Awesome... but only for 10 seconds, then it's only getting front wheel drive LOL
gonna see what I can do about it, and what HK has available, the new SCT might have something I can use in this one?!?

If not, I will have to turn the timing down a fair bit... Currently it could side step/ drift with brand new tyres on tarmac! :D this is probably why the diff is not liking it...

When I get it back together, or know what I'm doing with it, I'll update :D Feel free to ask questions if you have any :)

Cheers
Martin

jessemikkelsen 04-24-2013 08:07 AM

Anything new on the rc car project?