RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   I have held it and seen it in action...im talking about the Mini-T (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/1196725-i-have-held-seen-action-im-talking-about-mini-t.html)

injectedsmile16 10-12-2003 11:54 AM

I have held it and seen it in action...im talking about the Mini-T

Well I went to the Hobby Visions convention in Las Vegas and I saw a lot of the new and unreleased stuff but to me the most exciting was the Mini-T. I got a chance to hold it and look it over. It is very lightweight and seems to be made pretty strong. I also got the chance to see 3 of them running. They said up a carpet track there and were doing sort of a small race with cones and stuff. Anyway they are way fast. I didnt get a chance to ask if they were running packs or just AA's but they were fast and i could see the guys who were driving them werent even at full throttle 95% of them time. They had reverse and they really didnt need it much. But when they went in reverse and hit forward quickly it would wheelie like crazy. They wheelie for a long time. To me that was the coolest thing seeing something as big as my hand wheelie for over 10 feet. They also seemed to be made very durable. The guys who were driving them didnt seem like pros and kept crashing into the fence and flipping over the poles they had for the track and not one of them broke all day. So i thought that was cool to. Anyway the Mini-T is awesome and anyone looking to get one I would definately tell you to get one. I know I am as soon as they come out. They are awesome...later

Hobbysect 10-12-2003 04:13 PM

RE: I have held it and seen it in action...im talking about the Mini-T

WHEELIES!!!!! NICE!!!!!! You want one, I want one, we all want one. I watched a video of one that I downloaded from Team Losi's Home page. It looks really fast. Did you get to check out the inside? What I am try to ask is if you got to look at the gearing. Will the gearing ,that well all have for the 1:10th, work with this? Also does it have 4wd?

Tony

injectedsmile16 10-12-2003 05:45 PM

Yeah it wheelies like crazy. I also saw the video on the Losi site but its not as cool as seeing it in person. Also I did get a chance to look under the body but I didnt really pay attention to the gearing but its so small I am pretty sure there is no way its the same as 1/10 but maybe im wrong. It isnt 4wd but I dont think you'll ever neeed 4wd with it anyway. I do have a paper on it that is the actual size represented on the paper and it shows half the body cut off. I can scan it if youd like?

Tigger N. Bennie 10-12-2003 10:37 PM

Did you notice this mini-monster truck too?

[Removed]

injectedsmile16 10-12-2003 10:52 PM

Yeah but they never ran it. If they did I never saw it but that mini monster is awesome. At first i thought it was like a mini mad force or something. I didnt get a chance to talk to anyone at that booth but I did look at it a little.

Tigger N. Bennie 10-12-2003 11:10 PM

I spoke with the vendors for a little while--not priced yet and probably a December release date. Basically, they told me that they were getting a feel for the crowd. Perhaps, the greater the interest the greater the price.

injectedsmile16 10-12-2003 11:17 PM

Did they give any specs on it? I wish I would have had the chance to talk to them. Is it 4wd? What company makes it? Are they a dealer in the US? What size motor does it run? LOL sorry so many questions I was excited to see that truck at the show and was bummed I didnt get a chance to talk to the people about it.

Tigger N. Bennie 10-12-2003 11:41 PM

I didn't get into any specifics on the truck since it was towards the end of the show and the other person who joined me at the show was off wondering around. It was bad enough we cell-phoned each other a couple of times. I simply asked the vendors if I could take a few pictures and they said go ahead along with obtaining a price and release date--And I didn't pick up a card because I have their site bookmarked. However, I just can't recall the company right off hand. I just remember that mustang body.... If and when I come across the link, I'll post it. It is just that I probably have several thousand links bookmarked and probably around 150 RC links alone.

It might be this company.
http://www.ptiracing.net/index.html