RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/5093026-official-team-losi-micro-t-thread.html)

mikemcnair 07-30-2008 12:38 PM

RE: OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone have a voltmeter and a STOCK micro t that they can check somethign for me?

i was hoping to know the voltage at the red wire, going to the servo, in a factory car, with factory battery. this will let me know how to hook these lights up i think.

Desert RC 07-30-2008 01:29 PM

Hey mike have you seen these before, I dunno I thought they were pretty cool when I came across it last nite. They are ebay for $10 and $20 shipping from Hong Kong!!! Or tower has them for $40. Pretty cool to be able to check the relative speeds of stock/BL/BB/Lipo ect....:D:D I would like to do some lipo testing with one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_dF0LU4Weg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ES54gjFGiQ

mikemcnair 07-30-2008 02:57 PM

lol, yeah, they have been around for a while. i would pay 5 bux to run, but can't make myself spend 40 to buy one. i would rather buy more aluminum or graphite bits ya know.

anyone with a voltmeter out there?????? i need to know the stock voltage on the red wire going from the stock ESC/Rx to the servo PLEEEEEEZ. :)

LBRC 07-30-2008 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Desert RC

LBRC, how would you break in a new BB motor? I read on another site you posted on that you dont use water. The forum I stumbled onto was TINYrc.com I think, where I read this. Can you let me know your trick of the trade on a good break-in process on new motors out of the wrapper??
You read right, I am not a fan of even the best water break-in processes, went as far as to conduct a few side-by-side comparisons between water, lathe (no power), pulsed (Reedy and Associated) and others programmed in to many advanced chargers and motor monitors, and last but definitely not least for 130 and smaller motors a couple of good old AAA’s, measuring the results using a motor performance monitor for RPM and current on identical motors before and after break-in. In the end the Team Associated pulsed break-in procedure wins no surprise there, but a good solid close second place goes to AAA’s, where as water and surprisingly off-power break-in’s consistently fall way short, to add to that with water you risk damaging the motor.

If you don’t have a charger or motor monitor with a pulsed break-in procedure my recommendation is to simply hook up the motor to a fully charged single AAA NiMH cell and let it run the battery down, that’s more than good enough but if you want to go a step farther hook it up to 2 AAA’s (2.4V) and let it run for an additional 20 minutes. In the end for a small motor there is very little measurable difference between that simple procedure and any thing else, the whole point is to simply smooth out the physical and electrical contact between the com and brushes before applying full power that can arc and pit them.

However if you really want to go all out, before starting the break-in procedure put a drop of light weight oil on each bushing (not WD40 it contains a detergent/cleaner) and apply a com drop or break-in fluid sparingly to the commutator.

http://lbspd.com/v-web/gallery/album...Stock_High.jpg

mikemcnair

Did a little playing around.

The Micro-T servo wires work like this:

Grey, servo power motor (–) changes with steering direction
Blue, servo motor (+) changes with steering direction
White to potentiometer
Red to potentiometer
Black to potentiometer also ground.

By using the grey and white you end up with a perfect constant 3 volts for the LEDs even with a 7.4v LiPo pack.

http://lbspd.com/v-web/gallery/album...0300.sized.jpg

With a SR3500 DSM micro receiver I’d use a connector, along with a 100 ohm resistor on the red wire.

gt_man 07-30-2008 05:38 PM

Well guys im pretty bummed. I waited on the phone for like 20 minutes and finally talked to someone from horizon hobby about my micro t. Im pretty sure i have a bad circuit board and thats what they said too but they wont just send me a new one. they want me to pay for shipping and wait for them to inspect it and tell me all this other stuff. I wish i could just find another stock circuit board. Looks like ill just be buying a new a new one. However im thinking about just getting the stuff to go brushless but i want my original esc back. I have about 100 bucks that i want to use to try and convert to brushless. Which path should i take.

LBRC 07-30-2008 06:39 PM

LOSB0830 Receiver Servo combo, $24.99
LOSB9545 10250kv Brushless Motor, $26.99
LOSB9530 Xcelorin Brushless Speed Control, $29.99

From LosiPartsHouse, total $81.97 plus shipping.

With just enough left over for a TheToyz ($15.99 + shipping) or 3-Racing gear box, they use ball bearings instead of bushings on the slipper shaft.

Irlsh 07-30-2008 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: gt_man

Well guys im pretty bummed. I waited on the phone for like 20 minutes and finally talked to someone from horizon hobby about my micro t. Im pretty sure i have a bad circuit board and thats what they said too but they wont just send me a new one. they want me to pay for shipping and wait for them to inspect it and tell me all this other stuff. I wish i could just find another stock circuit board. Looks like ill just be buying a new a new one. However im thinking about just getting the stuff to go brushless but i want my original esc back. I have about 100 bucks that i want to use to try and convert to brushless. Which path should i take.

if i were you i would pay for shipping and let them inspect it. chances are they will send you a new one. i got a new batter and charger when i had issues horizon is pretty good. just take your chances it cheaper this way. but goodluck to you!

gt_man 07-30-2008 07:10 PM

dang it i was finally going to order the brushless stuff from the toyz but theyre out of the reciever server combo

LBRC 07-30-2008 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: LBRC

...From LosiPartsHouse, total $81.97 plus shipping...
Listed LosiPartsHouse.com for a reason, at the time at least they had them in stock at a slightly better price.

gt_man 07-30-2008 08:34 PM

Oh my bad. Well i just checked them and there out of stock online for that motor.

Desert RC 07-30-2008 08:48 PM

This place has all three...there prices are great and good fast service!!!!

http://www.rcslot.com/

i checked the stock already.

ace@ 07-30-2008 09:05 PM

Is there any other brushless setups for the micro t?

Irlsh 07-30-2008 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Desert RC

This place has all three...there prices are great and good fast service!!!!

http://www.rcslot.com/

i checked the stock already.

i wouldnt say great prices. because i just compared them to amainhobbies.com and on some of the trucks were priced $20 more right off the bat. now i didnt check everything but did check a handful and everything i checked was more then amainhobbies.com i order from a few diferent places but amain always to me has good prices and super fast shipping.

rc18kid 07-30-2008 09:23 PM

check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjOMLt09y_M

LBRC 07-30-2008 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: ace@

Is there any other brushless setups for the micro t?
Sure, just start looking back through this thread; it’s just a matter of combining one of many small receivers, an appropriately sized 3-wire servo, and a small brushless ESC, not so many choices there, but the Xcelorin parts are the only ones advertised as being for the Micro-T.

Desert RC 07-30-2008 09:31 PM

Desert RC 07-30-2008 09:41 PM

We were shopping for three items in particular for a BL set-up. Two of the items are exactly the same price as A-main hobbies....the third the 3 wire esc/servo A-main does not carry as far as I could see. I agree that A-main has great prices....That being said the place I posted has great prices AND they are a one stop shopping place for what he needs to buy.

rc18kid 07-30-2008 09:50 PM

whats the speed about about of the slower xcelorin brushless, 8,000 and something one?

Desert RC 07-30-2008 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: rc18kid

whats the speed about about of the slower xcelorin brushless, 8,000 and something one?
?????

-JOE- 07-30-2008 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: rc18kid

I don't know, but if you want a quick answer. I would guess ~32 with a lipo?

rc18kid 07-30-2008 10:22 PM

i wish they still made the fast motar and esc combo.

-JOE- 07-30-2008 10:25 PM

Has anyone answered the spur gear question? How many teeth does the stock one have? I tried to count but got dislecksia about 10 teeth in, lol.:D

mikemcnair 07-30-2008 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: LBRC

With a SR3500 DSM micro receiver I’d use a connector, along with a 100 ohm resistor on the red wire.

i too was able to finally test this, and i saw ~ 2.95v on the same wires with the lipo. BUT, on the 3 wire setup from losi, the Rx puts out a solid 5v. so, do you think i can tap into the red wire on the 3 wire setup, and simply put a 100 ohm resistor in there and i will be all set?

also, my running issues are NOT occurring while i hold the car off the ground, only while it is under a load. what does that point to?

gt_man 07-31-2008 07:44 PM

Alright guys well i finally got the goods to go brushless and am very exciting. Ive found a few things online on how to do it but still a little confused. I just need a few tips for setting it up. I also just need a general say of where each thing goes and how it sits in the car. Also, what am i supposed to do with that programming card. Im a little confused, but i should figure it out. Heres a picture of the stuff i got.
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...0731081736.jpg

Desert RC 07-31-2008 08:10 PM

Very nice delivery, I wish that would show up on my doorstep!!!! Congrats and good luck on the install. All I can suggest is look up as many pictures of install that you can and decide what placement you like the best. Looks like you have some fun ahead tho. :D:D:D