RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   List your Micro-T Problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/5102985-list-your-micro-t-problems.html)

coleholley 12-11-2006 04:14 PM

List your Micro-T Problems

List all your micro-t problems and if you fixed them tell how.
First micro-t controller had no spring or the thing that lets the batterys work in the controller
Second was motor/gear
Third was broken tierod before even taken out the box
Fourth was a bad charger/ short run times so im guessing a bad charger.
Do I just have bad luck or do these just have a lot of problems?

Frozen72 12-11-2006 04:18 PM

RE: List your Micro-T Problems

The steering rod is just weak a lot of people fix it useing a thick zip tie.

Seek and Destroy 12-11-2006 04:21 PM

I had problems with the gear mesh, and drivetrain binding badly. Thats about it. Nothing has broken either.:D

baby2kent 12-11-2006 05:00 PM

mine doesnt charge fully it only charges for 10 min and doesnt have near the power or speed as i have seen on everybodies videos

Hacker Da-Cracker 12-11-2006 05:10 PM

My local hobbys stores disply model got a short.

Mr. Mugen 12-11-2006 05:55 PM

all good so far other than the tie rod fix I showed you guys.

jeep2003 12-11-2006 06:10 PM

my rear suspention arm broke cus i drove it off my bed . I tried ca glueing it but it doesnt hold for long. I ordered 2 more along with a screw set, bearing set and upgraded battery. I love it though its a great little truck

jaejw1 12-11-2006 08:40 PM

not able to clear 10th scale offorad jumps..,, this thing is weak.. it just bounced around on the track,, it couldnt even keep up with the other cars on the track,,, what was losi thinking of.. ,,, im going back to my vendetta... now that is a true micro...lol..

actually i like the lil thing,, cant wait to see a track made for it with jumps and all.

nitrofreak06 12-11-2006 08:41 PM

well. i my battery wouldnt fully charge up so i just changed the batteries in the charger, and the front left hub broke because i steped on it . bout it. all in all its a very great truck. defintly worth the money.:)

fcazzol 12-11-2006 10:12 PM

Everyone: is your range good with the Micro-T?

My car starts to glitch 6-7m from me. At 10m it stops until I walk towards it. That happens with fresh batteries (both Rx and car battery). If I stand close to the car my runtime is great so I'm sure batteries are not to blame (same for Tx).

I noticed my car glitches as soon as I touch the car antenna. I tried different crystals and it didn't change anyting.

The car antenna is indeed short so I don't expect much range... but 7m is kind of short isn't?

Mauromj 12-14-2006 10:49 PM

That happened to mine also, i sent it into losi, and they are replacing my reciever/esc.

rc_flyer428 12-14-2006 10:56 PM

For some reason all these probems out of a new truck seems very familiar to me.... Oh thats right, anyone remember MINI-T???

brian fink 12-14-2006 11:12 PM

1 off my throttle on my controller was sticky. I fixed that by loosing the screws that hold the assembly on. But not until i broke a rear suspension mount .Broke a tie rod, already had bought the parts bag so i fixed it with a losi part .Then it lost reception. I checked the transmitter out because i was in there but it was fine .I checked the receiver antenna for current there was none so i replaced the antenna wire with 1 I had from an old receiver and its has Ben great ever since. I put ball bearings in it and it made a big difference. But overall this thing is a blast . Just hope there will be some oil shocks coming soon.

Irlsh 12-15-2006 04:16 PM

after 15 runs only broke one tie rod, had charging issue but horizon replaced the charger and battery free of charge.

i think we really need to find a direct replacment for lipo battery the run times are never consistant. but overall im happy! its plain fun in a confined area.

For like $8 off ebay i got all the replacment parts accept wheels and chassis thats great!

MicroMotorSport 12-15-2006 09:02 PM

only "problem" that ive encountered is runtime, as im so used to charging mini-z aaa's in 15minutes to run for half hour. great truck, keeps up with the mr02's on rcp (atleast with me at the wheel) :D

TinaTunaPants 12-16-2006 06:18 PM

broken tie rod, did the mod and it's good. The gear mesh was too tight, but I fixed that. It runs like a champ. I'm pretty surprized how tough it is for it's size.

nitrofreak06 12-16-2006 06:31 PM

if your having problems with your range, check and see if there is a cut in the wire were it comes out at the top of the esc casing, if there isnt one, remove the 4 cover srcrews and the 2 screws that holds the esc/ and rx down. look under it and see if the antanea wire is connected good. i had the same problem with the range but fixed it buy puting a biger/thicker wire on it, and made the hole for the wire to go through bigger (on the casing). thats like the only problem i had with mine so far. had it about 2 weeks now.

Hammerhead808 12-16-2006 09:37 PM

Bad charger. 3-5 minute charge time, with 1-2 minute run time

vinsanity286 12-16-2006 10:03 PM

Also a bad charger, I have to reset it 5 times to get 20 minutes of charge time out of it. My truck also does not do wheelies[:o]

coleholley 12-16-2006 10:48 PM

I see there is a lot of bad chargers and i think im give losi a call in a couple days to get a new one. And for the people that have did it do you just ship yours back and they'll send you a new one that they know works?

vinsanity286 12-16-2006 11:15 PM

yeah it is really annoying. I cant just leave it on charge and do something else to kill the 20 minutes. I have to monitor it the whole time.
I might give losi a call as well so see what is up.

mjs1455 12-16-2006 11:26 PM

20 run and no issues yet. So far so good. Great little truck.

Mr. Mugen 12-16-2006 11:44 PM

I noticed that my pack gets pretty hot when it nears the end of the charge. I now use my pack cooler for charging it. I simply use a pc fan with a piece of foam cut for it to fit in and a 7.2v stick pack to run it. I'll take a pic of it.

Mr. Mugen 12-16-2006 11:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic or 2

zach brenner 12-17-2006 03:06 PM

I [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5126973/tm.htm]hate[/link] the thing