RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   Let's Talk About The SportWerks RECOIL!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/5543091-lets-talk-about-sportwerks-recoil.html)

MiamizFinest 03-11-2007 12:26 AM

Let's Talk About The SportWerks RECOIL!!!

i saw this thing the other day and loved it and its only 160 RTR............what do u guys think about this car??? if i get it im goin for ALL OUT SPEED so i wanted to know can the drive train hold the power of a BIG brushless lipo system?? lets talk.......

t9dragon 03-11-2007 12:52 AM

RE: Let's Talk About The SportWerks RECOIL!!!

I have one, they are great. But the diffs won't hold up to with the Big Brushless Lipo systems.

MiamizFinest 03-11-2007 01:03 AM

any way to fix that?

t9dragon 03-11-2007 01:25 AM

Nope, not really........................

tashspop 03-11-2007 11:27 AM

not really much on making the car stronger right now. i'm running a wraith 7k in mine off of 2 cell and the diffs handled the power fine from that until a wreck popped my dog bone out and broke the outdrive part of the diff. the gears are still fine. i'm not sure the breakage was caused by the motor, or wreck. before this, it handled the power just fine.

Racing T 03-11-2007 12:49 PM

does anybody have a link for it??

Dokioto 03-11-2007 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Racing T

[link=https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?src=ns&pn=SWK1450]Here[/link] it is... A little searching could of gave you the answer a lot quicker.

Racing T 03-11-2007 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Dokioto

[link=https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/seekpart.pl?src=ns&pn=SWK1450]Here[/link] it is... A little searching could of gave you the answer a lot quicker.

Well sorry! if giving me the link is that much trouble for you then why you gave it to me?? lol just JK :D

Dokioto 03-11-2007 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Dokioto

Well sorry! if giving me the link is that much trouble for you then why you gave it to me?? lol just JK :D
LOL, I never said it was to much trouble... It wasn't a proublem... Just saying it would of been easy to find.

Racing T 03-11-2007 01:35 PM

yeah I know I was just joking:)

MiamizFinest 03-11-2007 03:20 PM

Do they make a lola body for it already?

tashspop 03-12-2007 08:35 PM

i'm not sure if the carisma bodies will fit directly, but i do know tires and wheels are hard to find.

ronbonham 03-12-2007 09:33 PM

Recoil Motor,

Has anyone had problems with the Recoil stock motors. We've seen 4 of them have brush problems. They run at first, maybe a pack or two. Then they start going slow, or they don't go after a stop. Pressing in on the brushes fixes the problem so it's definitely a brush problem. It appears that either the inner channel is too tight for the brushes, or I noticed that the brush braids have soaked up a lot of solder and are holding them in place. The springs don't seem strong enough to keep pushing them in.

...Ron

Phatty 03-18-2007 11:21 PM

the brushes do get dirty quickly but if you pop them and turn them around it runs like new. Backup motors are always a good idea, especially with the new class at hobbytown, good luck keeping up 18r's.

-Inverted- 03-18-2007 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Phatty

the brushes do get dirty quickly but if you pop them and turn them around it runs like new. Backup motors are always a good idea, especially with the new class at hobbytown, good luck keeping up 18r's.
You run 18R's and Recoils in the same class....LOL. :)

t9dragon 03-18-2007 11:42 PM

Well all I have to say is I love the Recoil. For it being stock out of the box with a 6cell 1100nimh, it is pretty fast. A buddy and I were running them in a school parking lot, what a blast. He was running a Mamba ESC & 6800 with a 7cell 1100nimh, with no problems.

Phatty 03-19-2007 01:43 PM

yeah maybe you didnt know the 18r and recoil run the same stock motor, there wise guy.

tashspop 03-20-2007 06:33 AM

he's just saying that the 18r isn't really a true touring car like the recoil, so they're not really same class. i can understand why you guys are doing it if there isn't really enough users to devide them up though. i see you're from tx, which hobby town has these races going on?

Phatty 03-20-2007 08:52 AM

palmer and mopac at the moment and I want to say theres about 6 recoil owners so far, its getting competitive, but ur right that 18r has no chance keeping up with the recoil. next saturday manchaca races

Mini_Me 03-20-2007 09:58 AM

They may run the same motor, but they are totally different scales and purposes. So if anything, it shows a flaw in your racing program. If you dont have enough to have separate classes, then your trackdirector must give a bonus or deduct laps from either of the two.

Hacker Da-Cracker 03-20-2007 12:04 PM

they look cool. but if you wanna go brushless and lipo get a RC18R.

Phatty 03-20-2007 01:42 PM

does anyone know of any permanent on road tracks in austin?

Phatty 03-20-2007 01:43 PM

i think if the 18r is supposed to be a rally car but gets thrashed if you run it in the dirt for too long its a piece of trash.

Hacker Da-Cracker 03-20-2007 01:57 PM

i like the 18R.

Phatty 03-21-2007 09:56 AM

how come i never see any carisma cars at the hobbyshop? Is it not the same quality? any way any Ideas on what bodies might fit, those carisma bodies do look nice