RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   mamba calibration with spektrum radio help (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/6372931-mamba-calibration-spektrum-radio-help.html)

flyers044 09-15-2007 09:23 PM

mamba calibration with spektrum radio help

I am trying to calibrate my mamba esc with my spektrum radio and i can not get past the part where the yellow LED flashes. when i apply the brake nothing happens. This happen to anyone else? or anyone know what to do?

rschoi_75 09-16-2007 11:31 AM

RE: mamba calibration with spektrum radio help

have you bound the tx and rx yet? Are all the tx trims set to neutral?

the yellow flashing light is a stand-by signal. The esc is waiting on input from your tx...

flyers044 09-16-2007 12:28 PM

Yes they are bound. The first part of the calibration calls for full throttle when the red led is flashing and it works fine then. Just not when it calls for you to hold the break in for 4 seconds.

rschoi_75 09-16-2007 12:52 PM

funny...

It should go green for foward, red for reverse, and yellow for neutral. Maybe the esc is reading foward automatically and just skipping to rev and neutral....

try going rev when the red flashes, and return to neutral when the yellow flashes... see what happens. If not, I'll think about this some more... maybe there's something I'm forgetting.

hands without shadows 09-16-2007 02:41 PM

What you need to do is disconnect the red wire from the ESC-receiver plug, boot up and bind the receiver and servo with a receiver pack or another ESC, give a brake signal, plug the Mamba ESC into the receiver, wait until the red LED flashes, and go from there.........or buy the Castle Link.

Whats happening is that by the time the receiver is bound and fully booted up the ESC is already past the "hold brake until red LED flashes" stage. The only way to make it work is to boot up the receiver first, using power from something else, and then plug in the Mamba ESC. The red wire needs to be removed from the ESC-receiver plug so that you don't burn up the BEC in the Mamba ESC.

flyers044 09-16-2007 04:36 PM

I have the castle link already. What should i do with that? The only reason i got it is because i am running a lipo battery and wanted to be sure i had the cut off voltage correct

rschoi_75 09-16-2007 04:39 PM

you can just set the lipo cut off on the castle link program. just set it to auto-lipo and you'll be fine. The cut-off section is under the "basic" tab near the bottom.

Jrgunn5150 09-17-2007 02:26 PM

My Mamba and Spektrum never, ever got along correctly. I have a Nomadio now and all is well.

nitro-rob 03-13-2010 12:23 AM

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread by my mamba max pro won't calibrate with my spektrum DX3S. I hold the throttle on full with the transmitter on and turn on the ESC. It blinks red lights and the beeps giving me a green solid light then flashes the red light and I go to full brake and it just flashes red forever. I hear there is a firmware problem. Does anyone have any insight?

ttppll 03-15-2010 03:43 PM

It seems like the latest beta firmware for the mamba controllers cause issues with calibrating. The only way I have to get around it is to revert to a previous version of the firmware, calibrate it and then update to the newer firmware (or just stay with the older version).

nitro-rob 03-15-2010 11:50 PM

Thank you. I updated to 1.25 which says its a beta in the castle link software but it says its a final version on the castle website. I will assume they didn't update it on the software and that its a version that went from beta to final without revisions. It calibrated without an issue. Time to shred some tires...