RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   Homemade tracks for off-road mini's (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/6631096-homemade-tracks-off-road-minis.html)

500 lb. koolaid man 11-15-2007 10:28 PM

Homemade tracks for off-road mini's

I need ideas for building an off-road track for a micro.

I have an rc18b with a Reedy motor and battery pack, enough space, and more than enough clay.

Any pictures or info would be great, thanks.

Mz 11-15-2007 11:24 PM

RE: Homemade tracks for off-road mini's

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...4-2462_IMG.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...4-2460_IMG.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...4-2471_IMG.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...657cropped.jpg
:D

calvino 11-16-2007 01:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: 500 lb. koolaid man

I need ideas for building an off-road track for a micro.

I have an rc18b with a Reedy motor and battery pack, enough space, and more than enough clay.

Any pictures or info would be great, thanks.
lol, wish I had alot of clay, here are a few pics, more like drawings of mine:D, Mz, dems on the track, here is another pic of our OLD track, our new one is in the makings, should have a track building thread in here:D, 4 squares to = 8'. so 1 square = 2' squared, potential banked turns...[8D]

markhat250 11-16-2007 02:22 PM

Mz, that your track? Nice!!

I don't know how to post a pic on here. Maybe I can get a link to YouTube and shoot a small clip.

calvino 11-16-2007 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: markhat250

I don't know how to post a pic on here. Maybe I can get a link to YouTube and shoot a small clip.
there is this (it is blue and underlined), follow the instructions... "Click here to upload images and files!" it is not to hard:D

markhat250 11-16-2007 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my backyard track......

I have flood lights and run ussually only at night. I eventually want to turn it into a dry track and sweep, but until it cures up real nice, I typically wet it before a run. Lanes are about 5' 1/2" to 6' 1/2" wide. It's perfect for my 1/16th Vendetta ST and thinking about getting an 1/18th Xray M18T for it as well. The 1/12th scale eCRT.5 does pretty good on it too, but it's for sure a one line, one car, track at that point.

Jonjoe 11-16-2007 05:07 PM

Not bad Not bad atall :D

Moustafa 11-16-2007 05:57 PM

The vendetta ST may have the dimensions of 1/16 but it's rated at 1/18th. That's a cool track.

Mz 11-16-2007 06:47 PM

yeah, its my track.
lots of fun

calvino 11-16-2007 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Mz

yeah, its my track.
lots of fun
I love the "L" portion of the track, makes it AWESOME:D

markhat250 11-16-2007 08:13 PM

The vendetta ST may have the dimensions of 1/16 but it's rated at 1/18th. That's a cool track.
I'm not sure why they call it an 1/18. It's clearly much bigger. That's why it handles so good compared to say an RC18T. But I love the smaller cars too. They're a challange on my track to hit the jumps right.

Mz looks like he can really get on it around that sweeper. Is that California? Soil looks nice.

I love small tracks!!

calvino 11-16-2007 09:00 PM

I'm not sure why they call it an 1/18. It's clearly much bigger. That's why it handles so good compared to say an RC18T. But I love the smaller cars too. They're a challange on my track to hit the jumps right.

Mz looks like he can really get on it around that sweeper. Is that California? Soil looks nice.

I love small tracks!!
lol, he may have easy to dig soil, me on the other hand, it is so hard, if you picked up a clod (granted you can find one) and threw it at someone, it would hurt BAD, so, our soil is not easy to work in, yeah, as for keeping weeds out, that is a whole nother story[:@]

bigairlife 11-18-2007 12:58 AM

Awesome track Kiran. We really should have a meet there after x-mas. (after i get my m18t all ready to rock)

calvino 11-18-2007 01:06 AM

ok, I am currious if this is a good track width for 1/18 and up electric cars, 8', when I laid out the dividers, the lanes were prety tight[&:]

bigairlife 11-18-2007 01:56 PM

Awe man. i can wait to run on ur track. lol. It just looks SO SWEET.

dacaur 11-18-2007 03:26 PM

nice tracks.... My wife and I will be moving into a new house (our first) in the first part of December.... it has a huge back yard and she has already told me i can build a RC car track back there! cant wait till i can post pics of my own track :D right now I have a mini quake.. but will be getting a wheely king soon to convert to a rock crawler... so i figure I can make a combo 1/18 track/rock crawler coarse... with patches of rocks separating the lanes instead of pipe....

calvino 11-18-2007 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: dacaur

nice tracks.... My wife and I will be moving into a new house (our first) in the first part of December.... it has a huge back yard and she has already told me i can build a RC car track back there! cant wait till i can post pics of my own track :D right now I have a mini quake.. but will be getting a wheely king soon to convert to a rock crawler... so i figure I can make a combo 1/18 track/rock crawler coarse... with patches of rocks separating the lanes instead of pipe....
wow, sounds like a great "multi use track", for my track i am using dirt to form the bariers, except where I have to make it removable, for that I am using bits of PVC pipe[8D]

markhat250 11-20-2007 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just bought a Xray M18T, so I got all excited and changed my track layout a tad, getting ready for the new arrival.

I put the Vendetta ST in the pic to get better perspective of size of lanes.