RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   Trinity Now 1st Impression (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/6783550-trinity-now-1st-impression.html)

bobrez 01-25-2008 09:39 PM

RE: Trinity Now 1st Impression

Woohoo! I made the move and ordered me 1 of these today :D probable be a week before I see it though. New to rc cars been havin a
blast with a nitro chaos and a RC18t [8D] I was on the fence bout buying this, but the sale price and coupon made it easy. Can you say
dirt cheep brushless! Gotta say thats alot of car for the money! Heres what I ordered, didnt have alot of the main replacement parts in.
Hope I can get in a couple of runs anyway. Crime fighters are for the chaos and it looks like the diffs might interchange keeping fingers
crossed as the chaos diffs are probable the worst ones out there(toy grade)
2 x Pro-Line Crime Fighter Half 8th Tire (1/18th Buggy) (2) (PRO112400) = $18.98
1 x Trinity NOW Brushless 1/16th Scale RTR Super Truggy (TRI90015) = $199.99
1 x Sportwerks Differential Bevel Gear Set (Chaos) (SWK4012) = $5.25
1 x Trinity Front Upper Suspension Arm Set (NEXT/NOW) (TRI30910) = $13.99
1 x Trinity Rear Lower Suspension Arms L/R (NEXT/NOW) (TRI32192) = $3.39
1 x Trinity Left & Right Front Knuckle Arms (NEXT/NOW) (TRI30708) = $1.59
1 x Trinity Front Shocks Plastic (2) (NEXT/NOW) (TRI32156) = $5.25
1 x Deans Ultra Plug (1 pair) (WSD1300) = $2.79

mrskascook 01-25-2008 10:49 PM

Hey bobrez, where did you order your car from? I ordered mine yesterday from tower for 229 and 25off coupon. They didn't have hardly any parts for me to stock up on. I'm really geeked about getting this thing.

kikcafine 01-25-2008 10:55 PM

Amain currently has it for 200 which pisses me off since I just ordered it for 209 like 1 week prior. GRR

mrskascook 01-25-2008 10:58 PM

I also looked there. I've never ordered from there though, and they didn't have parts in stock either

billdee 01-26-2008 03:14 AM

this is great truggy. you do get alot of car for the price. great top speed with the 3s lipo but i have a problem with mine flipping over, this is hands down the worst car i have driven for flipping over

kikcafine 01-26-2008 04:32 AM

Everytime mine flips it breaks its antenna tube rite at the body. Grrrr.. Its not going to be breaking anything any time soon though as it just ate its spur gear. Im off tomorrow to hobby town to try and find a replacement. Hopefully the 18t gear will fit or something from redcat racing.

ericke1 01-26-2008 01:20 PM

I also got mine for 209 but used a 25 off coupon

Silverfang 01-26-2008 03:53 PM

hey kikcafine try cutting your antenna tube and splicing it together with a pice of fule tubing right where it leaves the body. I do that with all my RC vehicles. Works great, kind of like a whip antenna. It will just snap back in place and if the fule tubing rips (this happens almost never) its a cheep fix to replace the 1/2 inch tubing.

for thoes looking for parts check out ShouthEastRC.com look under the Trinity Now parts. most of the parts are interchangeable. All of the suspension is and I bet the spur gear is too. A Main finally got the parts on order for the NOW wich is good cause a few weeks ago the did not even have that. I don't know what is up with tower, but they have had parts on order for like a month. Worse come to worse you can order directly from Trinity. Their CS is not that good, but I got the parts I ordered in 3 days.

kikcafine 01-27-2008 01:18 AM

I guess Ill have to try that. The rc18 spur gear appears to work if you grind or cut off the large spacer thats molded into the back. I cant figure out hose the slipper clutch works though. Im assuming since it screws into the gear that it relies on pressure to hold.

KRO 01-27-2008 01:51 AM

I guess Ill have to try that. The rc18 spur gear appears to work if you grind or cut off the large spacer thats molded into the back. I cant figure out hose the slipper clutch works though. Im assuming since it screws into the gear that it relies on pressure to hold.
That is exactly what you need too do to make the RC18 spur work , that and dont overtighten the slipper or the spur gear will flex because its not as thick as the NOW spur is . I must have ran at least 7-8 times with the RC18 spur before I got a new NOW spur ...

bmwnla 01-27-2008 10:31 AM

ummm i got another problem hahahahha. after running it that day in the parking lot i must have screwed something up. After i turned of the truck that day it was still running great. So this weekend i charged up the battery pack and took it over to my friends house. Flipped on the switches and nothing happened.

I noticed that i did break two tabs on one side of the receiver case and it opens if i pull on the servo plug. Anyways im going to try another receiver in it today and I hope that thats my only problem :)

kikcafine 01-28-2008 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: bmwnla

ummm i got another problem hahahahha. after running it that day in the parking lot i must have screwed something up. After i turned of the truck that day it was still running great. So this weekend i charged up the battery pack and took it over to my friends house. Flipped on the switches and nothing happened.

I noticed that i did break two tabs on one side of the receiver case and it opens if i pull on the servo plug. Anyways im going to try another receiver in it today and I hope that thats my only problem :)
Did you update the firmware on the esc? If you did you need to reprogram the esc with the throttle trigger on the remote. Im sure there are some walk throughs on here.

On a side note, it wasnt until after I upgraded my firmware and set the car to stock did I start stripping out spur gears.

ericke1 01-28-2008 07:09 PM

Im getting the NOW this wednesday, what do I need to do to make sure I get the best life out of the first run and so on. Tighten the motor screws, set the ESC to high power for startup, check the linkeages, anything else? How about charging the battery, is there anything I need to know for a first time with these lipos?

kikcafine 01-28-2008 07:22 PM

use the charger it comes with, loctite both the motor mount screws that go into the motor as well as the ones that go through the chassis. With highpower start the truck will be undrivable.

bmwnla 01-28-2008 07:47 PM

its definitly not the esc........the esc doesnt get power what so ever so im gonna have to mess around with it but I havent had time lately

Nerf 01-28-2008 09:03 PM

I got my now last christmas and its awsome I have not taken it out for any speed runs yet because there is snow all over so i hope to see the nows speed.[8D]

ericke1 01-29-2008 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: kikcafine

use the charger it comes with, loctite both the motor mount screws that go into the motor as well as the ones that go through the chassis. With highpower start the truck will be undrivable.
So what do I need to do with the ESC? Leave it or any adjustments?

KRO 01-29-2008 02:54 PM

So what do I need to do with the ESC? Leave it or any adjustments?

Look at the instruction sheet that came with it , it will explain how to get into "programming mode" .

Though kikcafine is right , you really dont need to bump up the starting power .......

ludeman 01-30-2008 01:38 PM

UPDATE: Ok finally got my out drive replacement from Trinity. Put it in and ran my car for 3min. Guess what, now the rear diff is stripped out. You gotta be kidding me! Got it for Xmas ran it for 3 min. the out drive breaks wait a month fix that and run it 3 more min diff stripped. Total run time 6 min.[:@]

Took it apart to see the diff damage and wow is this thing a POS to work on! I thought the RC18 was a ***** but this thing takes the cake! Have you seen the metal they use for the diffs? Looks like the metal they use in the cap guns I had when I was 6 yrs old. I think they call it Pot metal and it’s weak! I am so done with this POS will take out everything I can salvage and junk the rest. I would not recommend the NOW to anybody period! [:'(]

KRO I know you are loving yours, maybe I just got a lemon. :(

KRO 01-30-2008 01:56 PM

Thats too bad , mine is running great , no problems with the diffs . I do agree that the metal they are using for the diff gears looks weak though . I have been keeping an eye on mine .

Maybe the slipper was too tight ? IDK ......

I want to see if the Mini Inferno ST diffs will fit (diff cases look the same but who knows) .

bmwnla 01-30-2008 08:56 PM

ludeman- ill take the crap you dont want sorry it was a lemon......they ruin all the excitement of something, my dad and i bought a brushless converted lst2 by fine designs and its a lemon and they wont give me the motor/esc to replace the ones that fried because mine was the pre-revamped version

ericke1 01-30-2008 11:08 PM

GLitching, I just got my Trinity NOW today, plugged in the battery and started testing it in my living room, its glitching left and right, can after like 20 ft it starts running off on its own, no responsiveness to the remote, what do I do, set the starting power to medium? I didnt charge the battery but just used what power was left in the one out of the box.

Belker 01-30-2008 11:36 PM

Mine did the same thing. Take the RX crystal out of the RX, spread the prongs apart just abit, rotate the crystal 180 degrees, pin it back into the RX, and your golden! Can sombody fix my steering linkages.......please? KINDA SSSSSSSSUCKS!

jdwebmaster 01-31-2008 03:54 AM

If anyone is interested in buying another trinity NOW or want to get a starter car. Im selling mine on ebay right now. Enjoy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=017

Jeremy1976 01-31-2008 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: ericke1

GLitching, I just got my Trinity NOW today, plugged in the battery and started testing it in my living room, its glitching left and right, can after like 20 ft it starts running off on its own, no responsiveness to the remote, what do I do, set the starting power to medium? I didnt charge the battery but just used what power was left in the one out of the box.
That was the problem. You should of charged the Li-po pack completely first before running it. Li-pos should not be run under 3 volts per cell and it was probably dead or close to it when you took it out of the box. I am sure that was what caused the glitching. Hopefully the pack is not ruined.