Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

ACE simple Ultimate Bi-Plane

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

ACE simple Ultimate Bi-Plane

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 07:33 PM
Hellbilly04
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACE simple Ultimate Bi-Plane

Hi,
Has anyone bought one of these yet. I have one & converted it to electric using a Jeti Phaser 15/4. Problem is it flys very strange seems to turn really good left & not so good right. The CG is perfect according to the plans so I'm at a loss here as I have tired moving the CG foward & AFT but still very out of controll. When flying, it looks like the tail is draging in the air. Can anyone help ??
Thanks,
Bill
Old 07-30-2003, 03:23 AM

I have one that I havn't put togather yet. But I do have a couple of suggestions. I had the same thing happen to me on a different plane, but these should still apply.

1. Check you wing incedence. (both of them )
2. Are you going fast enough. I don't know how you would judge this one. But remember it takes a lot more power to drag a bi-plane through the air than a single wing plane.
3. (This was my problem) Check your engine thust vector. It turned out that my engine was acctualy up a couple of degress. changed the mount so that it was down a couple and presto I had a totaly different plane.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:12 PM
Hellbilly04

Thanks for the info,i'm going to check the items you ave mentioned. This is my first Bi-Plane so I'm learning a lot about what not to do. You said "incedence" does that mean, that the wings are at the same angle? With the Phaser 15/4 & APC8x5 prop on 8 cells this thing seems like it is almost to fast. I'm going to change a few things that you mentioned & give it try this afternoon.
Thanks for your input,
Bill..
Old 07-31-2003, 01:43 PM
gotime242

Hope all goes well for you, i just ordered a simple ultimate yesterday, cant wait till it gets here. Ill be running a os .25 la on it, w00t.

-Later
Old 07-31-2003, 06:15 PM
Hellbilly04

Hey I figured out the problem. I added a little more weight to the nose , fixed the bind in the alerion linkage, switched from an APC 8x4 to an APC 8x6 & PRESTO!!! Can't say enough about this little plane with a brushless motor ( she screams) & builds real fast.