Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Best way to sell 1/2 A stuff?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Best way to sell 1/2 A stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Schu
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to sell 1/2 A stuff?

Guys,
I have way to much 1/2 A stuff ( and all kinds of RC stuff ) and need to sell a bunch. What is the best way to reach guys like you and stll meet the rules?
I am staying in the hobby, but need to clean out a lot, but not give it away. Thanks for the help.
Dale
Old 10-14-2010, 01:20 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Best way to sell 1/2 A stuff?

Ebay
Old 10-14-2010, 01:25 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RCU Marketplace?

Generate a list and offer to communicate via PM?

Ship it all to me?
Old 10-14-2010, 03:16 PM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't sell it on Ebey. The RCU Market is FREE!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:39 PM
fit90

Schu,

Any MP Jet stuff?

Bob
Old 10-14-2010, 09:33 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a NIB MP JET diesel BB,R/C. Small spinner nut, C/l venturi and needle valve body no needle, and a motor mount. I'm old enough to know that i'm not going to use it. regretably so it seems.
dennis
Old 10-14-2010, 09:57 PM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

Dennis,

Those diesel MP Jet 061BB's routinely go for ~$80 on eBay, and most of them aren't NIB like yours. Keep that in mind.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:45 PM
DeviousDave

$80 for an MP Jet diesel is an extremely low price, less than they sold for new. The last one went for $135 and that was a deal. Most of mine cost me $180-200.

FEEbay is a really bad bet right now for selling things. Values are depressed even though they would normally be high for the holiday season. Not only that, between FEEbay's heart-stopping fees and them double dipping with Paypal fees on top of that (They are being sued for their paypal policies right now) you will probably feel like you gave it away when the sale was complete.

You are much better off selling here or on the RCGroups classifieds right now.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:49 PM
DeviousDave

ORIGINAL: dennis

I have a NIB MP JET diesel BB,R/C. Small spinner nut, C/l venturi and needle valve body no needle, and a motor mount. I'm old enough to know that i'm not going to use it. regretably so it seems.
dennis

Why is that? You can fly something big and slow with it by using a regular prop like a PAW .06 would use (i.e. 8-4, 7-5 etc). True, you aren't using all it's potential but the MP-Jet makes a Fiiiiiiiine sport motor.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:36 AM
Schu
My Feedback: (5)

OK - thanks guys
I guess I will start on the classified here and post a note when they are listed. PM or email me if you are looking for something that I may have for sale and I can post or something.

Bob,
I have a couple MP Jets ( one NIB ), but I think I will hang on to those for now.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:19 PM
fit90

Schu and dennis,

Please don't  tease about such a sensitive subject.  If either of you is willing to let go of any MP Jet stuff please pm me.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 10-21-2010, 12:28 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Sometime about a year back I posted a thread asking if the RCU Marketplace was serving the needs of the 1/2A community here at RCU. The thinking was that I would start a sticky thread where anyone here could post a link to their Marketplace 1/2A related items. The idea being that the 1/2A community is somewhat specialized and that items in the Marketplace may go unnoticed.

The results at the time were that the Marketplace searching was adequite for those that were actually interested enough to perform a regular search for the 1/2A items that may come up. Certainly no one was greatly overwhelmed with joy and enthusiasm at the idea of such a notice sticky. Has this feeling changed now or is it just that a couple of you are too lazy to be constantly checking for various items? Would you check a "links and list" sticky any more frequently?

Be honest now....
Old 10-22-2010, 12:38 AM
DeviousDave

That would probably be the best solution given the framework you have to work with. Something I wonder about is that there are a lot of guys who want the opportunity to buy 1/2A items but don't for whatever reason. For the last number of years guys whined when the engines they wanted were too expensive and now that we are well past a Recession and things are cheap they still won't buy them. It seems like there are two evenly split flavors with this small group: Guys that are Full-On-Retard about their 1/2A hobby and those who just want to dabble a little bit and hang out with their 1/2A buddies and only want to pick the lowest hanging fruit when it comes to purchases. Doesn't seem to be a lot of in-between.

You can lead a horse to water......