RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/)
-   -   Tile print (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/10236301-tile-print.html)

Walther 01-03-2011 09:34 AM

Tile print

Does anyone here know where the PDF file button is in tile print?

DStone 01-04-2011 02:10 PM

RE: Tile print

Look on the toolbar along the top. It is a little to the left of center and next to the "minus" button on the zoom tool. Personally, I haven't had much luck getting it to work with pdf files.

ChicaWolverina 01-04-2011 04:49 PM

Isn't there anything that does work for *.PDF files?

qazimoto 01-04-2011 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: ChicaWolverina

Isn't there anything that does work for *.PDF files?

Yes, the latest version of the (free) Adobie Reader allows you to do this. Leastways I did it a few nights ago on my other computer. Give it a try.

Ray

Walther 01-05-2011 08:40 AM

I just downloaded Adobe Reader X and I still do not see any PDF button on the tool bar. I also have tried to contact Black Flight to no avail.

qazimoto 01-05-2011 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Walther

I just downloaded Adobe Reader X and I still do not see any PDF button on the tool bar. I also have tried to contact Black Flight to no avail.
Adobie Reader X is a program that loads and displays PDF files. Presumably you have a PDF file that you wish to "tile print". You load this into the Abobe software and go to the File menu and then the Print button.

You then go to the Page Handling button in the print window that's displayed and the select the "Page Scaling" option of "Tile all pages".

Also select your scale of (say) 100%.

See below and good luck.

Ray

davidgeorge212 01-05-2011 03:47 PM

I have adobe I guess version 7. something and under page scaling it does not give me the option to tile all pages. When I go online to try and download a newer version of adboe it locks up my computer. Does that happen to anyone else. I would like to get my adobe to tile print but I havent had much luck yet.

davidgeorge212 01-05-2011 04:34 PM

I went down to another computer and tried loading adobe 10 on it and it worked just fine. I was able to get my plans printed in tile format like I wanted. I dont know what is going on with my other computer because it just locks up when I try to download the newest verssion of Adobe off the internet.

alcarafa 01-05-2011 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: locktite401

ORIGINAL: Walther

Adobie Reader X is a program that loads and displays PDF files. Presumably you have a PDF file that you wish to ''tile print''. You load this into the Abobe software and go to the File menu and then the Print button.

You then go to the Page Handling button in the print window that's displayed and the select the ''Page Scaling'' option of ''Tile all pages''.

Also select your scale of (say) 100%.

See below and good luck.

Ray
Excellent tip, downloaded adobe X and now I can tile print many plans.
Thanks for your help.

unclecrash 01-06-2011 12:22 PM

You might try to uninstall the old version and then reload new version.

alcarafa 01-06-2011 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: unclecrash

You might try to uninstall the old version and then reload new version.
Adobe X removes automatically old files and replace them, no need to do that.

Walther 01-06-2011 02:56 PM

I got a hold of Andrew at Black Flight, and I removed the program reinstalled it and now I have the PDF button. But I still can not use it. Andrew told me to open the file, scale it to 100% then take a snapshot of it, select all, copy, then paste it into Tile print. That works so you do not need the PDF button.

small_rcer 01-06-2011 03:26 PM

Walther;

If you are having difficulties installing Adobe X, it may be due to the minimum requirements being XP SP3. I have found that many software vendors now look at the version of Windows and will not install their software without SP3 installed. Office 2010 from Microsoft is one of those for example. Check your system specs. Adobe may just be impolite and crash when the minimum is not met, but fails to indicate why. Also, it needs 230mb to install. If you have an older machine running tight on disk space it could also cause issues.

Adobe X seems to be a resource hog once installed. I reverted back to 9.4 myself.

Jim H

Walther 01-07-2011 11:09 AM

I did not have a problem loading Adobe X the problem is that Tile Print does not like Adobe X.