Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

½A Fuels??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 10:06 PM
putt_13
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ½A Fuels??

Hello,
I am just wondering what everyone out there is using with there ½A Engines. I have a Norvel BigMig .061, and just bought a gallon of Wildcat 15% Nitro 18% lubricant fuel. The Lubricant is 80% Synthetic and 20% Castor. I was gonna buy 20% nitro, but they didnt have any for 2 cycle engines. Will this work for my engine? Also, what are you guys all using. -Patrick
Old 08-04-2003, 10:40 PM
ZB50

Default Fuel

Putt,

I like to use Sig 25% fuel in my Norvels. I have used the Norvel fuels and they work equally as well. (a little more expensive tho).
I have a gallon of Omega 25% and it runs good but not as good as the sig or Norvel. Lastly, I have some 15% stuff my club buys and it runs good but after a little low speed or idle running, the engine coughs and spitts for a bit before getting back to business. I would go with the Sig or the Norvel for more consistant runs and power. I have wanted to try Wildcat 1/2a fuel but have not yet. I hear it is good stuff!! (Wildcat guys.... If you want to send me a free sample please do!)

ZB
Old 08-05-2003, 01:11 AM
Lynn S

Default fuel

I have used Byron's 25% nitro and 16% castor. I think this is a little low on castor so I add castor to bring it up to 20%. I have not tried the 20% castor yet in the Norvel but it should keep the engine cooler. I have used it in my new AP .061 and cox engine.The last few tanks I ran in the Norvel was cox fuel, but I'm out of that now and it is expensive.

Here is what the Norvel website has to say about fuels:

http://www.norvel.com/til/TechNote.T002.html
Old 08-05-2003, 04:18 AM
putt_13
My Feedback: (3)

Default ½A Fuels??

I used that 15% fuel. Wow, it worked great. Kept the engine temp right around 235, and thats on the ground, static. Once the airplane is moving i assume the engine will cool even more. I am pretty happy so far. I need a tachometer now to measure the RPM's or certain combos. -Patrick