Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

can anyone identify this tiny diesel

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

can anyone identify this tiny diesel

Old 03-18-2011, 09:41 AM
nitroairplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone identify this tiny diesel

hi this is a tiny 0.13cc diesel model engine could anyone tell me who made it or where to get one in the link below there is a video of this engine

http://www.youtube.com/user/nitroair.../0/svZ0sC6PDGA

happy flying

Old 03-18-2011, 09:58 AM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: can anyone identify this tiny diesel

It looks like an AH (Arne Hende) 0.1cc to me-the video quality was poor so I'm not 100% certain. Arne Hende has been dead a number of years, so you can forget about getting one from that source. You might find one on Ebay if you're prepared to wait -and pay big money! AH engines were normally only made in lots of 100 total-the only exception to the 100 units rule I know of is the AH 0.5cc Oliver Tiger, which was produced in two tranches.
Derek Giles makes small number of very small Mills engines from time to time-and Les Saxby also does small diesels-but both these gentlemen are getting on, their prices are very high, and they may no longer be interested in producing to order

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 AM
nitroairplane

it was not arne hende but i know it was made int the uk and had something to do with a company called solid but can find no trace of them do you have any means of contacting Les Saxby because i think he made this engine as the youtube user who posted the video also has videos af Les Saxby making engines with him
Old 03-18-2011, 02:08 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But it looks a bit like the engine here, 9 rows down, 2nd column: http://modelenginenews.org/prod/ah.html
Old 03-18-2011, 04:11 PM
ffkiwi

You're the one in the UK-do a search by whatever means is appropriate. His ebay ID is nipperd45-you may be able to contact him that way if you're an ebay member.[edit] I've just recalled he is a member of this forum so if he sees this thread he may respond.

ffkiwi
Old 03-18-2011, 10:09 PM
DeviousDave

ORIGINAL: MJD

But it looks a bit like the engine here, 9 rows down, 2nd column: http://modelenginenews.org/prod/ah.html
Doesn't quite match-there is a raised area in the center that supports the comp screw.

It's a gorgeous engine..
Old 03-19-2011, 03:14 AM
nitroairplane

ffliwi thanks for his ebay id i may try and contact him through that

Old 03-19-2011, 03:15 AM
nitroairplane

it is not made by Arne Hende it is made in the uk
Old 03-19-2011, 06:47 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know - I just meant it looks a bit like it.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:59 AM
nitroairplane

yeah it does also looks a bit like the nano 0.1cc but there are a few noticeable differences

Old 06-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Reginald

This is an 0,1cc engine by Dennis Allen (better known for his Allen-Mercury engines in the past) made in 1990
from bar stock and black anodising, these were distributed by Irvine Engines greetz Reggy
Old 06-23-2011, 11:31 AM
nitroairplane

Really, i have one of dennis allens AE .1cc and i have had some very bad quality issues with it.Do you know what the name of this engine is?
Because from what i can gather the only engine that was 0.1cc that he actually sold was the AE .1cc so was this one of short production?
thank you for replying.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Miniature Aircraft Factory

The only .1cc from Allen engines ive heard of was the Ae.1cc , its obviously not one of those!, it looks just like a micro diesel that was a plan around in the early/mid 90s fromstrictly IC ( i think )

i know someone who will know what it is....... , the control line flyer Jim Woodside (if you can find him on the net he will know) , he collects engines and back in the 90s was buying one of the micro diesels of almost every type, he always had a different one , he will know who made it / how many made ( and every other detail about it ) ,

If you dont find out, i usualy see him sometime at a show during the year , i will ask for his email address and email him the link
Old 06-25-2011, 03:30 AM
nitroairplane

The plan you are thinking of is the Nano 0.1cc by Richard Gordon i have actually ordered a set of thos but despite neing ordered months ago from xlist plans they have not arrived. And thank you for pointing me in the direction of Jim woodside and Will i just ordered a 0.098cc diesel from Ronald Valentine and was wondering do you think it would fly a mini rainbow because i am thinking of building another one or maybe a peanut scale piper cub would be a dream to fly.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:27 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nitroairplane
I have a set of the NANO plans and a magazine article about it that I got from someone in the UK a while back. I am surprised you weren't successful in getting a set as you are there in the UK too. But my copy appears to be a copy of a copy of a copy so it isn't going to copy well anymore. Anyway, it will be pretty challenging to make it though.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:49 AM
nitroairplane

Yeah i am not thinking about building one yet as definately do not have the skill required to build one the problen is i think my set were lost in the post and the place i bought them from is not responding so i cant get proof of postage to claim from the post office i think they were in a copy of model engineers in the 90's but the engine i think was made by Les Saxby i have tried contacting him through this forum but got no response.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Miniature Aircraft Factory

Im not sure about the power on the valentine engine, it cant be that much differentto theAE ( probably better ) ,if so itshould fly the Rainbow fine as it will fly on the ae.1

The plans for thelittle engine, i have them somewhere but havent seen themfora few years,i will have a look over the next week as imgoing through boxesto findmy box ofspare petal valves for my zannin pulsejets , i know they are both in the same pile of boxessomewhere

Theplans you have ordered from the plans service, If they are lost in the uk post , its up to them to claim from the post ofice, they have to send another set to you or refund you