Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Cylinder Numbers for COX Babe Bee

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cylinder Numbers for COX Babe Bee

Old 07-01-2011, 06:16 PM
astronomer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cylinder Numbers for COX Babe Bee

I know that this has been discussed more than once. What cylinder number/numbers were used on a Babe Bee? Joe Klause's COX article and others do not mention Babe Bee cylinders. I have one that has a #2 with 1 bypass port, SPI and it runs well but not real fast (12,000 rpm, 5x3 prop). I have another Babe Bee that has a #1 with 2 bypass ports, SPI and it screams (17,000 rpm 5x3 prop). Any information will be appreciated.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:52 PM
coriolan

Default RE: Cylinder Numbers for COX Babe Bee

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...16&postcount=2
Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 AM
ken cook

I have several early Golden Bee's all which have #2 cylinders. Single bypass versions that aren't real high performance but work pretty well. The #1 cylinders were used a lot on cars. Ihave a few of them and they seem to run at even higher rpm's then some of my TD's. The #1 cylinder is going to obviously cut your economy in half. Ken
Old 07-05-2011, 11:45 AM
SGC

According to the information I have , No2 cylinders were used on Product engines,Baby Bee's and Golden Bee's, No1 cylinders were used on Pre 1996 Black widows and Medalions.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:41 AM
astronomer1

To everyone who responded to my question about Babe Bee Cylinder numbers. Thank you very much! I think that I'll keep the #1 two bypass port, SPI cylinder on my Bee and let it scream at 17-18000 RPM and use it try to lift one of my sailplanes. Considering that I live at 5140' ASL this engine is performing quite well. Here where in Colorado, most engines suffer from a 20% or thereabouts loss in power. The other Babe Bee #2 cyl., SPI, Single Bypass that I have only puts out max. of 10-11,000 RPM. Both engines were using Sig 25%. They were run about 10 min. apart at 85 deg. so think that my comparison tests are reasonably accurate. The Screaming Babe Bee does however consume fuel much faster. That stands to reason as for any internal combustion engine, more Horsepower =Less or poorer
Fuel economy. SUV's that can be seen from the Moon regardless of what they say, get worse Fuel economy than a Volkswagen Beetle.