Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

1/2A fuel line

Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1/2A fuel line

Don't know how many of you guys have had this problem but it sure had me going. The 1 and 2 OZ. fuel tanks we usually use are so short that even small fuel tubing was too rigid in the short lengths involved to allow the clunk full movement. I'm down to my last bit of Prather tubing so I bought some Dubro small tubing. Same problem. Then I stumbled onto the tubing listed on Cox International's website.When it arrived today, I tried it out. Success! Even the little Hayes clunk in their 2OZ. tank flops around just like it should. Also tried a Sullivan 1Oz. tank and it also worked fine. Now I can roll inverted with a quarter-tank and not worry about a flameout. Hooray!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:40 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 1/2A fuel line

Here's another option that is usually available at the local hobby shop. I was in the same situation as you, but my LHS did not have any small, flexible fuel tubing; however, since he catered to the car boys, he did have several reels of of the super flexible battery wire in multiple gauges. I've used wire insulation for lots of different things, so I bought a couple of feet of 14 AWG. I stripped off the insulation and used it for tubing. The pic shows the flexibility when used with a Fuji film can tank. Being silicon, it's not affected by our high nitro fuels.

andrew
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61542.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1632727