Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Japanman

Old 07-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Toad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Japanman

Looking to get in touch with Japanman..seen him latly on here?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:20 PM
nitroairplane

Default RE: Japanman

I havent but i think AndyW has contact Info for him.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:10 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

You already left him a PM? That way as soon as he logs on he gets the popup that there's mail.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:48 AM
Japanman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am here- I have been lurking around for a while.
How is your club 15class racing shaping up?

J.M
Old 07-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Toad

it took a few races for the guys to get it going.. it looks like it is a blast. I have not raced in it yet. the planes are a bit bigger than the 200's and looked slower in the first two races. at the last race they were going faster and now look like it will be a fun class. engines are cheap. which is the draw over the 1/2a and we fly the same course. I guess the idea is to buy the cheapest .15 you can get new and race it. engine mod's are ok..so I am interested. my plane is ready to cover but I have not reworked the engine yet. seems the legal ones are the Magnum and ASP. both are workable and cheaper than the 1/2a's. the plane being a bit easier to see for my old eyes is a draw also. Great to see you survived that damn earthquake over there. Thinking about rods and cranks again lol
Old 07-25-2011, 08:28 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Is an old Nelson QM15 engine legal, or is there a muffler requirement? The mini-pipe was kinda loud...

Old 07-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Toad

the idea is to run cheap available engines so everyone can buy what others are running. they decided to only allow cheap ones. the current OS is not legal or any older 1/4midget stuff like the rossi, conquest, or similar. Have to use the muffler that comes with the engine but you can modify the engine to hearts content.
keeps costs down is the idea and the airframe is not restricted except for the 300sq wing rule. promotes design rather than anal rules on everything like in club 40.
the magnum 15 xls and the asp are really what they want you to use as anyone can afford them. fuel and prop not restricted. race held each month with 8 scheduled each yr/ makes it worth building for it. Point standing is the idea. Here is a link to the group. rules are in there somewhere for the e-200 and the 15-300s. 1/2a glow was discontinued this yr because of engine costs to be competitive. some vids are there too. not sure if any pics or vids of the 300's yet
http://sites.google.com/site/cuprapylons/
Old 07-25-2011, 12:27 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Sounds like a cool class, if you like to mess with engines. If not, sounds like you better have a friend that does..

Can't blame you for leaving out the old QM15 engines. Not that some of the new ones aren't good engines too, but it makes sense to use the mufflers.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:41 AM
forsakenrider

Hey! Missed ya toad! You'll have to post some pictures of your 300 and engine work!

What happened to your site also?
Old 07-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Toad

I haven't finished my plane yet. I need to cover it. I haven't done any engine mods yet either. just getting settled in my shop.
toad's rc website can be seen at www.solmachine.com its just sitting there untill I get solmachine.com site up.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:03 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speed isn't my thing but seeing a hand made jewel is. There is most likely a thread but how did the engine run?