Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

New Cox ebay store

Old 10-19-2011, 02:57 AM
glaerox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Cox ebay store

HelloAll,

Wanted to let you allknowI openend a new ebay store which will contain a lot of cox items.

I will sellcontrol line airplanes, rc airplanes,helicopters, engines and parts, all NIBfrom the 80s and 90s.

I hope it is allowed to place the link here:

mr_cox_rocks

Thank you for looking and feel free to ask questions.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:58 AM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Cox ebay store

At those prices,good luck[X(]
Old 10-19-2011, 06:24 AM
alcarafa

ORIGINAL: controlliner

At those prices,good luck[X(]

Old 10-19-2011, 09:15 AM
EX Model Engines

The prices look to be in line with collector grade merchandise.

Regards, Matt
Old 10-19-2011, 11:22 AM
glaerox

Thank you Matt,

Prices are according availability. There just are not many NIB mint COX control line airplanes left.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:22 PM
danilo-2
My Feedback: (1)

As Above mr Cox Sux
Not too surprising that one Ebay dweller would support / justify another.

Don't be putting that downpayment on the Holiday Home in Barbados, just yet :-)
Old 10-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Cox International
My Feedback: (10)

I had a look at the listings but I am no expert in vintage airplanes. However, I did buy a PT-19 for my collection last year and paid $150 and I believe that is one of the lesser expensive Cox C/L aircraft.

I also bought a red-tank Pee Wee for $75 and that one did not have the throttle ring. I also got myself an .049 Venom for $400 and a Medallion .051 for $500 (which I consider to be a bargain).

By the same token we lucked into 150 Black Widow engines last year and are selling them for $99.00 and, yes, they are selling. We are down to about 2 dozen now.

We also had a quantity of OEM packaged .049 glow heads and they sold out at $1 more than this seller is asking for his.

Ok, the 074 glow plugs are a tad on the high side but, for a collector who wants OEM packaging, who knows?

Value is in the eyes of the collector. I think I might get myself the P-39, come to think of it

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca

Old 10-20-2011, 11:51 AM
nitroairplane

Lol i just got a bargain on a nip 1957 pee wee for $60
and a nearly nib p-40 for £60
and a space hopper for $56
And would trade it all for a nffs medallion .051 or a venom.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Cox International

A new Space Hopper for $56???

I have been looking for a new one all year and would have no problem paying $300+ for one.

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca
Old 10-20-2011, 01:19 PM
nitroairplane

No the space hopper was not nib just in good condition.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:54 PM
glaerox

Hello Bernie,

Thank you for your addition. Good to hear that the black-widows are selling so good! got a couple of them myself to, but not in your quantities. I only got one disadvantage and that is the great ocean lying between our countrys that make shipping more expensive. However, the dutch TNT service is very reliable and all of my in Canada and Americasold itemswhere deliverd secure and fast.

I really like youRX/TC Combo, maybeI getone myself! (however i'm not sure if 72mhz is allowed here in the netherlands)

Greetings,

Bastiaan
Old 10-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Cox International

Bastiaan,

Technically not a legal frequency in Europe but we have sold plenty to NL and other European countries. Only once did customs reject the package (Poland) and we simply re-sent one, which went through ok.

Bernie
ww.coxinternational.ca

Old 10-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Max_Power

ORIGINAL: Cox International

Bastiaan,

Technically not a legal frequency in Europe but we have sold plenty to NL and other European countries. Only once did customs reject the package (Poland) and we simply re-sent one, which went through ok.

Bernie
ww.coxinternational.ca

Geez...hope theres nothing important using those frequencies over there? At least you made your $ right? I'm sure someone will chime in that its up to the end user to not break any laws, but it sure seems to me like selling kids cigarettes assuming they're smart enough not to smoke them. If they were planning to use them on a trip to North America I'm assuming they would buy it here and save the shipping.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:58 AM
nitroairplane

I'm not sure about the rest of Europe but in England some frequencies including 75mhz is reserved for the emergancy services use only now in the country side the chances are no one will find out but in London no way they would catch you out so quickly.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:05 AM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't get caught.. the Fuzz will think you are a Home Grown Terrorist. Plus the the interference issue works both ways
Old 10-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Cox International

The analogy of shipping radio transmitters vs. selling cigarettes to children is somewhat skewed. Children are not expected to make some decisions on their own and we, as adults, are morally obligated to help them make sound choices.
Our products are sold to adults and, yes, 100% is it up to the buyer to make decisions whether they want to comply with their respective country’s laws or not.
For all we know they could merely be forming part of someone’s Cox collection. That aside, we have no comprehensive idea as to in which countries a 72 MHz radio system can be used and, frankly, we don’t care.
It is illegal in many European (and US) cities to fly Cox engines without silencers. Yet we ship 1,000’s these around the world every year and we are sure some (if not all) are flown “illegally”. It does not befall us to police our buyers and lecture them that they must use silencers on our engines.
To put this even further into perspective:
Cox basically had to sell out in the end because of the new USA lead laws for toys that came into effect a couple of years ago. We had to sign a waiver that we would not sell the product (engines, parts, etc.) to children 12 and under because none of their product was lead tested.
Yet, we hear all the time from buyers that report flying with their children or grandchildren using our products. Does that mean we should shut down our business?
Bernie
Old 10-22-2011, 10:02 AM
nitroairplane

Please dont shut down i fly cox engines without mufflers ona weekly basis at the field and occasionally in parks and ive had police watch and compliment my flying and buildin achievements.
If we are respectful of time and respectful towards the police it is surprising what we can get away with.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, 72Mhz is not allowed here for RC, not sure why.

On the newer 2.4GHz we also have a very low power limit (compared to US I believe) so those are not allowed either...

27Mhz is probably the safest here actually, it is reserved for airplanes and no-one is using the old radios anymore.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:06 PM
nitroairplane

here 27 is common for rc cars and 35 is more common for rc aircraft if it is not legal it is probably reserved for emergency services.
I know some USfutaba radios are not allowed over here as a youtuber was giving one away and then said he can only ship it to the US due to international laws or something.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Max_Power

Bernie, I think your comparison to noise ordinance is flawed, . And I think you would find only in about 5% or less of the land area in North America would be governed by any noise ordinance like you speak of unless people are complaining....and a unmuffled .049 isn't going to interfere with emergency services or police radio, TV signal, medical devices, etc.. You do sell mufflers that would make these engines comply right? Do you sell a product that does such for the transmitter? Some people unfortunately will assume if it was available to them it is legal to use.

I definitely don't think you should shut down your business. But From what I read on the FCC site , Even if it were for "collections" it would be against the law to import a non FCC conforming transmitter. I'm not sure what Canadian or other country's laws are exactly but would assume they are very similar. If we don't police ourselves reasonably, trust me...the authorities will! You surely are permitted to voice your opinion as I have mine, But in my opinion the last four words I'm quoting from your post seem to portray to me what you think. "That aside, we have no comprehensive idea as to in which countries a 72 MHz radio system can be used and, FRANKLY, WE DON'T CARE." I'm not gonna sit here and argue it with you because I just don't think you get it that radio interference is a pretty big issue. Would you be concerned if you saw a company selling devices that might interfere with model aircraft radios that you use to fly your models? Todd
Old 10-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Cox International

Todd,

I think we are getting a bit carried away here.

I have been selling these transmitters for about 2 years and I am not even sure why this is now an issue. As I have clearly stated before, it is virtually impossible for me to have knowledge of every single country in this world that permits the use of these transmitters. We are basically a 2-person operation and it would far surpass our resources to obtain that info and continually keep it current.

FYI the FCC has zero jurisdiction over me or any other country outside the USA and I really don't care what they say or think.

No, we do not sell any mufflers, sorry. Perhaps only 5% of American land is covered by noise ordinance (same as here); in Europe it's probably close to 100%.

I have absolutely no intention of shutting down the business; it was meant faceteously.

BTW, I do "get it". It is just that I am unwilling to police other countrie's laws - especially so as I can't reasonably be expected to know them all and, even if I did, I repeat that I don't care. I am expected to obey my country's laws and even those I break on a recurring basis, such as we all occasionally do. Think "speeding" for instance.

If a company were to restrict their sales to certain geographic locations, comsumers would simply shop via an address in a different country and nothing is gained. It happens all the time. Even to me and I am forced to use my USA address to buy.

Judging by the quantity of emails to our site and the spike in sales, this controversial blog is turning out to be a good one

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca

Old 10-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Cox International

By the way, no hard feelings lol.

I am enjoying the dissent and that's also what effectuates change in the world. If Rosa Parks had not broken the law and insisted in sitting in front of the bus, blacks would still be sitting in the back.

Having said all this, we should probably move the discussion to a new thread as Bastiaan's post has been hijacked and that's not fair to him.

Bernie
Old 10-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Max_Power

No hard feelings here either...I do agree about hijacking Bastiaan's post advertising a ebay store with nothing specific other than "shop here" like it won't turn up on a ebay search for those looking, Oh wait...I'm sorry...thats what most of your posts are. But we'll just have to agree to disagree that "not policing other countries laws" , and repeat sending a package returned by customs for not being legal to import..., waiting for one to "slip through" are NOT the same Honestly I amazed at how much you seem to be proud of how many laws you break? especially when you are representing a business here? Don't get me started on speeders LOL I betcha not 1% of them have ever written their lawmakers requesting the limit be raised. Todd
Old 10-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Big Al-RCU

Bernie, spot on! More power to you. The US has become a bunch of namby-pambies.
My policy is to never discuss religion or politics on the web (but we may soon have an opportunity to reverse the current trend) so no comment.
Al