Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Micro warbird conversion

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Micro warbird conversion

Old 11-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Jaspur_x
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro warbird conversion

Has anyone else here done this? I ran into a snafu.......

Had a little fire problem, the tail got damaged or shold I say melted.

Where can I get the little magnetic actuator set-up at?

Old 11-28-2011, 10:57 AM
ChicaWolverina

Default RE: Micro warbird conversion

What product specifically do you mean, do you have information?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:26 PM
nemoskull

you can try bidproduct, but i have seen bad things from them. BSDmicrorc.com has magnetic actuators, plantraco and the like.
or you could wind you own. 44 gauge is too small, 36 is a little big, IMHO. as for magnets, ebay has a seller from the U.K. that sells 2mm X 1mm N52 magnets.
just my .02
Old 11-28-2011, 04:31 PM
flyinrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on what our converting it to, if its more power than dig a hole in the foam near the cg and run a rod back to a clevis...probably a lot cheaper
than the micro electrics you'll need...Rog
Old 11-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Jaspur_x

I`m workingwith the COX microwarbidrs p-51 mustang,( or the gravity hobies version),roughly 18-29' wingspan. hollow fuse.

Information: sorry that`s all I have I know next to nothing ( or is it in fact nothing ((lauhter and applause here)) about these park flyer type systems,esc`s etc.

I`m still trying to decide if to convert over to the 2.4ghz type stuff or stick to "old school"(1980`s & early `90`s style) ;even the newer servo`s are making me wonder a bit.

I had problems with batteries a while back, I had 2 fly aways, and lost 2 ofmy favorite engines, a throttled xox teedee010and 020 ;1 with a 6v camera battery, and one with a 3 cell( each roughly the same size as the camera battery) rechargable pack from some micro r/c car or something like that.

So I will just go with sub-micro servos, The cox icon r/c 3ch and the accompanying7.2v 22.mah battery pack.I`m not sure if I want toask about converting the built into the reciever esc to a servo ( I don`t do I?) for the cox peewee020 throttle

All info is helpful, even if I don`t understandit. (mentally insert confused smiley shrugginghere)