Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Tiger Moth crash pics

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Tiger Moth crash pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 01:10 AM
Dukester
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiger Moth crash pics

Guys,

I've been messing around with this GWS Tiger Moth I got for free with the micro flight pack I needed for the little sopwith bipe I'm building (thanks to Hag for generously providing the plans he used for his). So anyway, its kind of a neat little plane to mess around with but as the pics show I won't be converting it to cox as planned after all.

Duke
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19492.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	60150   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32596.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	60151  
Old 09-09-2003, 08:39 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tiger Moth crash pics

Bah! It's still fixable![sm=biggrin.gif] My father has a moth that has broken the wing eight separate places, and the fuse in 4, and it still flies on an IPS. Nothing carefully applied epoxy and packing tape can't fix. What were you planning--peewee .020, perhaps?
Old 09-09-2003, 09:33 PM
jboy381-RCU

ORIGINAL: Dukester

Guys,

I've been messing around with this GWS Tiger Moth I got for free with the micro flight pack I needed for the little sopwith bipe I'm building (thanks to Hag for generously providing the plans he used for his). So anyway, its kind of a neat little plane to mess around with but as the pics show I won't be converting it to cox as planned after all.

Duke

dude what did you hit???did you fly that thing in front of a big truck???

i got mine stuck in a tree for three days,and it didn't look that bad...
Old 09-09-2003, 10:08 PM
Dukester
My Feedback: (31)

Well its not that I hit something exactly....

Actually, I had swapped the motor out from the stock IPS to EPS-300C and was using a big nimh battery pack. My AUW was in the 10.5 oz range. I went for a quick fly before finishing the mods I had planned (one of which was to string flying wires). Anyway, I was up about 50 ft on the downwind leg to prepare for landing. The plane was under about 3/4 power and was moving along pretty quick with the wind. The wind kicked up which pitched the nose down. the TM which was already moving fast started a very fast dive so I cut the power and started to level the plane out. Just as the plane was getting back to level, both right wings folded and it plummeted onto the basketball court I was using as a strip.

Duke
Old 09-09-2003, 10:33 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

You waited >< this much too long to put those bracing threads on.....(assuming you were going to make them sort of functional)

Yeah, those foam wings aren't really made for much serious high weight stuff. And 10.5 is obviously high weight in this case.

Too bad it broke....... but now it's on to the Sopwith!
Old 12-11-2003, 07:36 PM
barelias

Default RE: <span class=

I crashed my tiger moth the first flight ,but couldnt sleep that night before fixing it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61135.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	81569