Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Need A Cox .09 R/C Throttle

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Need A Cox .09 R/C Throttle

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need A Cox .09 R/C Throttle

I've been told that they used to make an R/C throttle for the Cox .09 If anyone has one they would like to sell I am interested.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:37 PM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need A Cox .09 R/C Throttle

There were actually 4 distinct 'conventional' throttles made for the Cox 09-plus the Cox rotating exhaust throttle cum muffler setup. The aftermarket Hiscott one from the 70's (IIRC), the sixties Medallion 09 coupled exhaust restrictor and carb butterfly setup, the Canadian Tarno 09 from the 80's and the shortlived Cox TD09R/C one from the mid 90's. The Tarno carb is probably the best, and the Cox TD 09 one the most obtainable (only by dint of having been produced most recently)- I wouldn't expect any of them to be readily found now.. . but you never know! The Tarno and Cox one screwed straight into the plastic venturi housing, replacing the std TD 09 venturi and NVA.

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
Old 10-21-2012, 03:54 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Need A Cox .09 R/C Throttle

There was a guy with the screen name "bugzidor"..or bugzador who posted some really nice looking throttles for Cox .049s. He would be worth looking up if you can not find what you want elsewhere.