Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

HOB ME109 electric recommenditions

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

HOB ME109 electric recommenditions

Old 12-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HOB ME109 electric recommenditions

We are building several House of Balsa WWll planes and originally planned on glow but we changed our minds on the Messerschmidt 109. What motor, esc and battery would you recommend for the plane. I have some Tower Hobby gift certs.(I have my daughters trained right!!!!!!!)and I would like to use them......so what available units from Tower would you recommend? Thanks
Old 12-27-2012, 05:37 PM
LittleRock

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HOB ME109 electric recommenditions

RC GROUPS has several areas for an answer to your question.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:18 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have this motor sitting there just waiting for me to put it in a Mach None

http://www.hobbypartz.com/86ma68-2205-3400kv.html

I am going to use a 40 amp ESC and a 3s 1300 lipo, 6X3 or 6X4 prop

Buzz.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:47 PM
nekked_man_2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a park 450 would do it, or something equivalent. I have one I'm going to try in My HOB p51 if I ever get back to it. I currently have one of the old electric super sportster that came with a geared speed 400, and it works great in that. I fly the super sportster with a 9X6 or 9X7 prop with a 1300mah 11.1 lipo and it gets good power and good flight times. I think on the HOB I will use a smaller prop with higher pitcht. Don't know yet. The bad part in my cas is I built mine from the beginning for a tee dee .049, then someon got me a Norvell one year for Christmas so I cut the nose off from the firewall so I could modify it to clear the muffler and throttle, and now I'm thinking electric, most are too round to fit in the original cowl, and hard to find a good nose cone. Plus the bigger problem is that I didn't make any provisions for changing batteries out. I would make the top come off somewhere. Post some pictures so we can see what you're doing.

Austin
Old 12-27-2012, 10:52 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

By it's nature, this area of this website is pretty biased toward engines. I would go to RC groups as well. Or, your best bet would be to throw one of those hot Magnum .15 engines it it. That will really make it scream.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:38 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This area biased toward glow engines? I have never seen that, not at all, never. Well maybe just a little, well maybe a lot, then again, yes you are right. It is biased in a good natured way.

They do love those little screaming engines.

I have a DNU I will be swapping out the AP 061 for the electric motor.

Buzz.