Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Modern Hobbycraft FW-190

I posted this previously in probably the worst place possible. I believe it would be better suited here. Has anyone built one of these for r/c? I'm interested in doing one up using the plans found here

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=3078

How do you think this will fare as an rc aircraft. I'm completely new to rc and currently have a sig lt 40 nearing completion. I'm really enjoying building and that is what I want to do. I dont mind failures as long as I feel im not wasting my time getting to a fun and successful build... although im sure not all will be succesful.

I was going to up scale a 406 guillows fw190 i have to 36 inches but also saw this.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Modern Hobbycraft FW-190

I do it all the time but I change the airfoils and incidence angles to better suit rc.. for example I took a similar type aircraft and changed the airfoil to a S6063 at 1 degree pos incidence, kept the elev at 0.. all the usual rt thrust and down thrust for engine with a 10 comparable outrunner and 9 X 7.5 apc prop... I say do it man cause then you'll have something you really want to fly anyways....I take alot off freeflight plans and convert them to parkflyers.. something at that size will need a 150 to 300 watt electric or nitro comparable.. hope this helps ....

SLOPE FAST - SOAR DEEP

guamflyer
    guamflyer P-40 Bro #5 guamflyer\'\'s Dad #6
    SLOPE FAST - SOAR DEEP