Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Turbo Head Norvel .074 which plug?

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Turbo Head Norvel .074 which plug?

Old 10-26-2013, 12:37 PM
uliner
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Head Norvel .074 which plug?

Finally this has come up to the top of the stack. How hot a plug should be used in a Norvel 074? This will be control line so idle is not an issue. Will be running like 10% fuel

More directly which OS turbo plug is the right one?
Old 10-26-2013, 12:48 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am using Merlin Turbo and Nelson plugs. The Nelson's have a regular hex which my igniters works with. The Turbo one is heavy duty. I would think a cool for high nitro, and if it runs good, use it all the time because cools are a bit tougher normally. I haven't really used anything else. I bought a P3 (extra hot) OS plug to try on gas, but haven't done that yet. Oh, the Merlins are $5 which is cheaper than most others. I guess I am saying to experiment, but hopefully someone else can give you first hand comparisons to save you from buying 10 different brands.