Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glue sticks for applying tissue

I read about a builder who used white glue mixed with water to stick tissue down to the balsa. He complained about the dried glue coming through the tissue and was very visible. Another fella said that he liked Fuzzee's glue stick method. Does anyone know what glue he was talking about? I think Fuzzee was a contributor. I would like to try the stick method....does anyone have a recommendation as to what glue stick to use? Thanks.
    Steve Westphal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Steve
    Glue stick is OK for small electrics but not adequate for 1/2A glow fuel IC, personally I use UHU glue stick for many electric powered indoor project but for IC power I just use dope with tissue since the plane will need dope anyway for fuel protection.

I've used dime store tissue ironed down after a coat of Sig Stix It was applied to the airframe. Then three coats of clear butyrate dope and you are good to go!
    I fly aircraft at the leading edge of trailing edge technology!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    White glue, applied to where you need covering (any covering) to stick and left to dry, at least overnight.
    Then Iron on the covering. The heat activates the dried white glue and sticks it very well.
    Furniture makers have been using this technique for decades.. to apply veneers.