Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Affordable Micro 2.4 Receiver Compatible With My Futaba and Anylink

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Affordable Micro 2.4 Receiver Compatible With My Futaba and Anylink

Old 10-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Affordable Micro 2.4 Receiver Compatible With My Futaba and Anylink

Any recommendations for a decent 2.4 Micro Rx that will work with my Anylink on a Futaba?
Old 10-30-2013, 07:21 PM
hogflyer

Steve,

The only receivers that will work with the Anylink are Tactic. But beware they are very short range with the Anylink. I witnessed a Futaba radio (I don't recall if it was a 6EX, 7C or 9C, but it was a 2.4GHz Futaba) using an Anylink lock between 100' and 125'. He promptly removed the Anylink, took it home and threw it in the trash. I've heard of a couple other flyers having the same very short range issues on Futaba, JR/Spektrum.

If you use one, I highly recommend doing a lot of testing with something cheap while slowly working out on the range. Personally I won't risk using one after what I saw.

Hogflyer
Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Steve Westphal

If the Futaba was a 2.4 Tx....why was he using an Anylink? We have used ours on micro flyers and it works fine. Granted, being micro planes, we weren't flying them far from the Tx but so far so good.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Steve Westphal

I do have a Tactic 4 ch. Tx. Would that give me more range?
Old 10-31-2013, 05:37 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Westphal
If the Futaba was a 2.4 Tx....why was he using an Anylink? We have used ours on micro flyers and it works fine. Granted, being micro planes, we weren't flying them far from the Tx but so far so good.
Those sound like 72 mHz models to me.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:00 PM
hogflyer

The plane they were flying had a Tactic receiver in it. It wasn't his plane - they wanted to test the Anylink system to see how the system worked.

If yours is working good so far, I'd say just slowly increase the range. As far as I know, the Anylink is supposed to be compatible with any Tactic receiver.

MJD - It was a FASST system, not a module radio.

Hogflyer
Old 11-01-2013, 05:09 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Tactic Rx's are only $20 anyway. Why mix and match to risk your efforts for $10. I may be wrong but I don't know of any el cheapo Rx's that work with FASST or FSST other than Futaba and Tactic.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:46 PM
hogflyer

Originally Posted by skaliwag
The Tactic Rx's are only $20 anyway. Why mix and match to risk your efforts for $10. I may be wrong but I don't know of any el cheapo Rx's that work with FASST or FSST other than Futaba and Tactic.
Tactic SLT receivers are FHSS and compatible only with Tactic transmitters, or transmitters using the Anylink. I have heard the new Tactic 6-channel radio is supposed to be pretty good with decent programming and features for the price. Those $20 receivers are a great price.

Futaba's use both FASST and FHSS. Orange receivers makes FASST compatible receivers (available from Hobby King) but I'm not sure on their reliability (the Orange receivers for Spektrum have become very reliable) The new Futaba 6J and 8J radios use FHSS, only Futaba FHSS receivers work with them, and nobody makes an FHSS receiver compatible with them. The full range 6-ch receiver for the 6J costs $29.99 (half of what my Airtronics RX-600 costs )

Hogflyer
Old 11-02-2013, 08:31 AM
hogflyer

I do have a Tactic 4 ch. Tx. Would that give me more range?

Steve - Are you talking about the TX-404 transmitter? I think that would be the way to go over the Anylink.

Just a though here.....if you are going to fly a bunch of the micro's that use Tactic radio system that Tower sells, then it may be worth looking into the TX-650 transmitter. It probably has all the programming capability a micro type plane, and may sport planes too, would require and be able to use the inexpensive Tatic receivers. It looks like a pretty good deal through Tower - $129.99 and it includes 2 receivers. And these new full range receivers seem to be getting smaller and smaller all the time.

Tactic is coming out with some new 4-channel micro receivers - one with servos on the board and one with no servos on the board for a pretty good price.

Hogflyer
Old 11-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Steve Westphal

Hog....I am looking real hard at the TTX650 Sounds super.