Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Lemon Rx Review

Old 11-15-2013, 03:26 AM
Aussie Damo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon Rx Review

Well my Lemon feather lite receivers came the other day, 8 days from Honk Kong to Oz for only $3 shipping. (I order 5 endpin 6 channel receivers)

First off they were packed in a nice bubble padded envelope and inside each in their own little individual bag that held the reciever, bind plug, soft case and double sided tape.

They are ever so slightly smaller than my spectrum AR6200 (without satelite) and only weigh 3.7g without the case

(case attached)

The soft case is pretty simple thin plastic (with its own adhesive) that folds around the circuit board (not the pins at all, which stick about 3mm out the back side of the board) for a little added protection and makes attaching velcro etc easier

Follow the advise of others on another forum I added heat shrink around the pins and used a kebab stick and 2 more bits of heat shrink to reinforce the antenna

and with the case attached

all up comes to about 4.5 grams or there abouts.

Range checking it outdid my AR6200 (without satelite). Ive only managed to put one flight on one but it came back without any glitches and it seemed to perform flawlessly.
All 5 of the receivers I order binded seamlessly. All up im pretty stoked for 5 for $28 including postage.

Ill keep you guys updated over the next month as I hope to get as much flying in as possible before I return to Work (had a knee reco a few weeks ago)

Damo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0712.JPG
Views:	821
Size:	556.8 KB
ID:	1939373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0713.JPG
Views:	902
Size:	660.2 KB
ID:	1939374   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0719.JPG
Views:	840
Size:	670.9 KB
ID:	1939375   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0721.JPG
Views:	987
Size:	699.3 KB
ID:	1939376   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0723.JPG
Views:	980
Size:	639.3 KB
ID:	1939377  
Old 11-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aussie Damo

Follow the advise of others on another forum I added heat shrink around the pins and used a kebab stick and 2 more bits of heat shrink to reinforce the antenna

Damo
Excellent modifications. The antenna attachment points are, I think, one of the weak spots on these receivers and any bending of the antenna stubs is likely to stress fracture the antenna wire where it is joined to the board.

I'm always leery of exposed contacts and since the top pin on the header is the signal pin, if the receives get against a metal object, you can kill signal to the servos --- covering the 90 degree section of the header is also a good idea.

On mine, the header pins protruded thru the board more than I care for, so I clipped them off and smoothed the ends with a file.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:47 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The header pins on mine were untrimmed too, but maybe that's part of the reason they are so low cost.. so I don't mind spending 45 seconds trimming them down. I finished the trims up with a small 320 grit sanding block then blew it off.

My post would be more useful if I could report on performance yet, but I haven't done more than admire them and install tape/covers and fantasize about the possibilities for the pinfree versions. Glad to hear about the antenna support, I'll do that on mine right away. Probably a good idea not to be fancy and use thin CF rod..

I do have a Funjet that is getting to be in my "guinea pig" category now, kind of bored of it. So it might be a dandy shakedown machine for these receivers.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MJD
.............Probably a good idea not to be fancy and use thin CF rod..
Yeah --- fancy might turn into funky.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Aussie Damo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew
I'm always leery of exposed contacts and since the top pin on the header is the signal pin, if the receives get against a metal object, you can kill signal to the servos ---
I never thought about, I was just protecting exposed wires to avoid any chance of a short. guess the protection is a win win

Originally Posted by Andrew
On mine, the header pins protruded thru the board more than I care for, so I clipped them off and smoothed the ends with a file.
yeah, they protruded a fair bit on mine like I said, I didnt bother to trim them, so scarred my big bumbling hands might snap the board, and the heat shrink covered them fine.

.... someone said fancy pants...