Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Not Wind, Not rain, Not Snow or Hail will stop us from flying.......

...Because we are diehards!

It was terrible weather today, windy as all get out, rain, nasty storms..... I made the 45 minute trek I do every other week to fly with my buddy John on the other side of Detroit today, we still braved it. I got about 3 minutes of white knuckle flying in very high winds before the rain came pounding in and fell so hard I was worried my transmitter would stop working.

Love these late season flying sessions-feels like cheating death to get a few more flights in before it's too cold to @#$% with getting alcohol on your fingers in 10 degree weather. In a few weeks we'll be relegated to burning electrons and tossing gliders, which is not a terrible lot in life but just not the same as flying something powered by Infernal Combustion.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I guess no one told you about the tornadoes? Nice big parking lot there, which end of Detroit is it? I don't see you wearing a bulletproof vest,

I had heard there would be storms, but you have to understand that it's gotta be pretty bad before we don't fly I can't think of too many times in the last 10 years where we just went to lunch without flying first....

No bulletproof vest needed in Roseville, but I do go armed pretty much any time I am not at work.

John has been robbed at gunpoint while flying before he met me, lost his wallet and the plane. My head is on a swivel any time I am in Wayne county. Roseville is NE of Detroit, I live in the NW in a quiet little village on a lake-been in my house only since late August.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Dave...it looks like you are standing on a massive Corian countertop that just got hosed off...! Pretty slick looking pavement.
    To keep from getting attacked while flying, just scatter some KFC and some 40s of King Kobra around a nearby field BEFORE the flying session as a diversion. I do something similar around here to keep the Yellow Jackets pre-occupied.
    WHO GUNNA FEED MAW KEEEIDS..???

I figured the "47th District Child Support Enforcement Unit" sheet magnet is enough to keep 'em at bay....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Very nice P-51..!
    Glad you made time to have some fun in spite of the nasty weather. When it gets really cold and wet I find that a freshly killed and hulked out cotton tail makes a nice cozy place for my hands and the TX for a couple hours of flying.
    WHO GUNNA FEED MAW KEEEIDS..???