Spent some time on this thing today, got some peace and quiet and managed to avoid prepping stuff for the in-law family thing tomorrow. In the morning I have to make meatballs and show up somewhere I don't want to be at 12:30. Oh well, the pie is always great, though the conversation tends to be stunningly boring. Not a geek in the crowd. I just wanna stay home and play with toys, I don't wanna go anywhere. I know how 5 year olds feel.
CA'ed on a firewall, sanded it to blend in with the fuselage - got it to match the OD of the .010 tank reasonably cleanly. One 1/2" wide strip of light glass around the fuse/firewall junction, given the piss poor surface properties of EPO foam the epoxy will form little more than a mechanical lock with the sanded surface, but it will distribute some load from the firewall, which was probably strong enough butt-glued on anyways. Probably adds some resistance to clumsy fingers in the pits if nothing else.
I absolutely hate those twin pushrod aileron setups with the rods intersecting at the center in a set-screw type connector. I got it all mounted, tested and working, centered, then tightened the set screw tight as I dared. Slid the wing in to the fuse, snagged the servo arm and connector as they dragged across the fuselage saddles, and swung the servo arm - that's when I noticed one aileron hard over. Turns out I had a tight grip on one pushrod and a sissy grip on the other. But, I can't seem to get both to lock and I stripped the connector.. so gave up in frustration and came upstairs for cake and an episode of something funny before bed.
I'll fix it on a clear frame of mind, maybe in the morning while the meatballs are baking.. hmm..
BTW weight with 250 mAh 2s Lipo, regulator, radio gear and engine was 107 grams, before I probably added 5 grams on the firewall fuel proofing and reinforcement, so with incidentals I expect about 115-118g. The TD reportedly puts out 20-21W peak power. That works out to 79-80W/lb. Should be fine.
I really like small LiPo's and regulators so far.