Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Christmas 2013 Under the tree Loot.

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Christmas 2013 Under the tree Loot.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 08:23 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Christmas 2013 Under the tree Loot.

Merry Christmas to all .. What were you boys and girls good enough for our loved ones and Big Guy Clause to put under the tree for us.
Well what do we have here???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00101.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	689.5 KB
ID:	1951348  
Old 12-25-2013, 08:42 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Have fun...!!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:23 PM
skaliwag

With the Beer or the Quadcopter?.. The givee has a 9 year old. I think the beer is for me!!
I know what the beer can do, How to take the top off and enjoy. The quadcopter is as new to me as it is the 9 year old.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:36 PM
combatpigg

Seriously, if that Belgian Ale yeast tastes like banana and bubblegum...... I'll let the kid drink it and take the copter....!
The only beer I've ever drain poured in my life was a Belgian Ale that tasted like moth balls. Millions of folks love Belgian Ales, so I might be the "oddball" of the bunch...?
Old 12-25-2013, 10:12 PM
skaliwag

Banana peel and Moth ball Bubble gum ?? Yum. I bet J.K. Rowling has that recipe.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:01 PM
MJD

I bought three of these to give away to friends and/or their kids. I need more soon, because 1 has to be mine. What a cool idea though:

http://www.poweruptoys.com/pages/pow...paper-airplane

And a good friend of mine - Dan - who flies a few RC models, and is partner in the Tiger Moth, watched something he had never seen before in early November. We pulled up to the glider club to do some work on a trailer, and one of the other members was there already, braving the cold breeze and high-starting a Gentle Lady. The day was foul, but he managed to squeak out some lift here and there and stretch a few flights, but if not he would be down in a couple of minutes. Dan remarked he had never seen this before, so I walked him through it as the guy solo launched. He said "I want to do that!". So I ran out to the LHS maybe two weeks later and bought a Gentle Lady and a high start to give him for Christmas. I had his wife hide it on Christmas Eve and she said she would slip it under the tree for him. Apparently he was totally surprised and delighted when he open it, so that worked out the way it should.

And I gave my boss/neighbour/friend who has a nine year old, and an old good friend of mine with an 8 year old, each one of these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3IqFZrX0Y4

Toys on Christmas morning.. makes kids out of all of us.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:57 PM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by skaliwag
Banana peel and Moth ball Bubble gum ?? Yum. I bet J.K. Rowling has that recipe.
How did you like the Leffe..?
I'll try it if it tastes more like beer than insecticide.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:00 AM
skaliwag

Mr. Pigg... Leffe is delicious.. (My kinda insecticide, moth balls and banana peel))
I prefer the Brown to the Blond. It's like Barley Wine.. No sharp, Hoppy bite that taste like bile.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:29 PM
combatpigg

I'll give it a try then Skaliwag. Do you use the copter as your "Beer Assistant"..?
since we met some years ago at "Hops & Props" at the Boeing Museum I have become a "Hop Head"
90% of what I brew are IPAs since they take less skill than doing a perfectly clean, cheap Lager.
Over the years I've spent thousands of dollars on broken molars and root canals. I've had a couple of these "go bad" a few years after I thought the root canal cured the problem. I discovered that chewing hops extract kills dental pain. Instead of spending another $1000 on the same molar I spent $1500 on years ago, I chewed hops pellets, dosed myself with clove oil [worse than hops] and topped it off with ethanol. Once I felt adequately numb I vigorously manipulated that molar until I could not continue. I repeated this procedure over a few weeks and just like that story "The Old Man and the Sea"...I won. I hauled in a bunch of ivory that was capped with gold. This taught me that if it ever came down to it, I could deal with an extraction if my liver is willing.

Last edited by combatpigg; 12-29-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:42 AM
66Malibu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Mr.Pig .....Not only is your flying major hard core so is your dentistry !!! I'm almost afraid to ask how you would deal with kidney stones !!!
Steve..........
Old 12-31-2013, 12:51 PM
combatpigg

Pulling the molar was similar to building a plane from a kit. I just worked on it bit by bit till it got done. You could see minute amounts of progress and I let my tongue do most of the work.
Honestly, the tooth had "flared up" so many times over the years that it probably desensitizes the nerves a little...plus the tooth had already been "canaled"
I asked myself how people used to manage without dentists...but they've had access to home concocted medicinals going way, way back.
Vodka, Gin or Everclear is good to have, plus the tiniest nibble off a hops pellet and a swab of clove oil really does work.
Like building a model plane, there's a big feeling of WIN when the job is over with.