Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Tiny servos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tiny servos

I just bought a big handful of little servos. They weigh 2.5 grams. I couldn't find any servos lighter than that. Are they around? We are building several of Dave's WWl babies from Aero-Werkes. They are neat kits that take me back to my youth and stick and tissue building days. I can't wait to fly the Neiuport 12 that has a 22+ inch span. Give one a try and see if you can still build like it was 50 years ago. Thanks, Dave
    Steve Westphal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    There are the micro indoor linear servos.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks MJD.......there are a couple that I will try.
    Steve Westphal

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I know nothing about the linear servos, other than I have some in Vapor and Mini Vapors. Those three I posted links to might all be the same, they might not. The only Dymond servos I own are a pair of D60's, but they are strong little fellows with fairly tight gear trains.
    Sorry I'm late dear, I had to help my uncle Jack off his horse.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    How fast do linear servos return to center? I have a tiny rubber power TIger Moth kit I bought in Germany I want to convert to indoor RC. Micro really isn't my thing and don't know what equipment to use, but the fuse is about 1" wide on the outside so obviously very small equipment will be necessary.
    Work is what I do for the love of it. A job is how I pay for it.
    Please visit AirfieldModels.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    They aren't quite as smooth as a regular servo, not as strong for sure. I have them on the Vapor, 4 Site, and Suquoi. You can look them up for weights etc.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    There is definitely some slop in the linear servo examples I have. A good percentage of it is backlash in the geartrain, but I think some of it is in the clearance between the pushrod wire and the output arm hole, and it might be possible to minimize or eliminate this.

I have yet to develop a feel for how much control load they can handle - I know what the specs are, but what I mean is in terms of "how much aircraft" that is from gut feel. For example, are they far too flimsy to even consider for a lightweight .010 model, with totally drag free sewn hinges and 1/8" sq pushrods? Or are they "just right" for a lightweight electric conversion of an 18" span rubber model? Or..?

There must be an informative thread on them somewhere, perhaps I should try that obvious step..
    Sorry I'm late dear, I had to help my uncle Jack off his horse.