Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TILE Printing for free

Today some of the free PDF readers will print large pages as tiles without having to buy or learn how to use a Tile Print type of program.

I use Foxit Reader from FoxitSoftware.com and when you print there is an option box that says Tile Large Pages. Then the print illustration shows the page tiled.

Also there is a "Custom Scale Option" You can set the scale size you want. So those that want to scale a plane to 90% can choose that. You can also print larger as well.

When you choose Tile Large Pages you then have a zoom option that lets you zoom to the nearest tenth of a percent UP or DOWN.

Sometimes the pages appear to be blank. Make sure if your printer has it, to select print all text as black. For some reason, when printing some scanned items certain lines are seen as a colour other than black. Telling my laser to print all text as black made all the lines and marks appear correctly.
    Last edited by small_rcer; 02-02-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Even Acrobat Reader X does it now with the poster print option.
    Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzke View Post
    Dave
    I've never had any luck tile printing or scaling pages in Adobe. Every time I set it for tile print or I scale the page to the size I need, it prints to the default page size and it won't print in tiles.
    I've even tried several different versions of Adobe, from the oldest I could find that works with Windows 7 all the way up to the newest version.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzke View Post
    Dave
    Yup, works fine for me. One of the best upgrades they've given Reader in ages...

http://get.adobe.com/reader/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	readerXposterprint.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	458.0 KB 
ID:	1965817  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by SnApRoLl- View Post
    I've never had any luck tile printing or scaling pages in Adobe. Every time I set it for tile print or I scale the page to the size I need, it prints to the default page size and it won't print in tiles.
    I've even tried several different versions of Adobe, from the oldest I could find that works with Windows 7 all the way up to the newest version.
    Check that its not your printer doing the down sizing. Use the " print at actual size" setting in the set up or properties page of the printer. Hope this is of help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by vauxhall View Post
    Check that its not your printer doing the down sizing. Use the " print at actual size" setting in the set up or properties page of the printer. Hope this is of help.
    I tried that too. I have even tried different printers with no luck. However, PDF Lite and Foxitreader allows me to print in tiles with no problems. It just seems for some reason Adobe is the problem.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks for the heads-up! Been looking for something like this. In my experience, the only thing Adobe does well is update itself.
    Jet Central Superbee & Rabbit
    18MZ FASSTest for everything I fly