Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

SG90 Micro 9g Servo

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

SG90 Micro 9g Servo

Old 02-18-2014, 06:20 AM
jdwardus
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SG90 Micro 9g Servo

has any one used tower pros servos sg90 micros. there on ebay. i ordered 10 for 25 bucks. just woundering if there any good
[h=1][/h]
Old 02-23-2014, 10:45 AM
danilo-2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought some (only 4 though) a couple of years back I had to throw away 3 of them and haven't even tried to fit the working (but seriously suspect in my mind) last one
Possibly current production is better.. Report back?
These are ...Proven.... Good Cheap servos:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cro_Servo.html

I've never had either a dud nor a failure with mine

Last edited by danilo-2; 02-23-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:37 AM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had one of the HXT ones that failed on an aileron...

I saw it just before taking off, so no harm done. I would hate to lose a plane though, just by trying to save a few bucks on a servo. The cheap HK stuff might end up costing you more in the end...

On the throttle I have some of cheaper servos but for the rest I would always use high quality ones.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:16 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

A friend bought 8 SG-90's off E-Bay new about 2 months ago, had nothing but problems. All 4 servos he installed in one plane had a bad problem of servo drift. One servo was noisy and jittery. I agreed to help and observed the same on both my 72 MHz system Futaba generic that has been rock solid and my newer Futaba 6EX 4.2 GHz radio. I experienced the exact same with those servos. One would center the control arm. Shut the radio off. Turn it back on, the neutral drifted several degrees. Then I rapidly exercised the servos by rapidly moving the sticks back and forth rapidly 20 times. The neutral drifted further. After 10 exercises each function, three of the servos had drifted about 22 degrees.

I'm thinking that the spindle shaft from the feedback potentiometer is not seated firmly enough to the gear its connected to, causing the shaft to slip a little each time, but I haven't disassembled the servos to be sure.

He told me that you get what you pay for. The metal geared version worked fine for him, but not this recent lot of budget servos. He replaced them with more expensive branded servos.