Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Warning to Buyers - Beware of Cermark.com

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Warning to Buyers - Beware of Cermark.com

Old 03-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Red Baron Mike
My Feedback: (287)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Warning to Buyers - Beware of Cermark.com

Buyers beware of Cermark in Southern California. Purchased a World Models plane from them last month. They charged my card and shipped the wrong plane. The phone and fax numbers listed on their website, www.cermark.com, are disconnected and the only way to communicate is messaging through their website, which they generally ignore. They acknowledge their error, yet in one month of constant attempts to JUST GET A RETURN LABEL TO SEND THE PLANE BACK, the owner Stephen, just ignores me. I have had to file a dispute claim through VISA to try to resolve this matter.

This was my first order to them. Outstanding way to treat a new customer, isn't it?

Be VERY CAREFUL buying anything from them!

Last edited by Red Baron Mike; 03-08-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:19 AM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did the BBB have to say about it?
Old 03-24-2014, 03:40 PM
stevenchao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Buyers beware of Cermark in Southern California. Purchased a World Models plane from them last month. They charged my card and shipped the wrong plane. The phone and fax numbers listed on their website, www.cermark.com, are disconnected and the only way to communicate is messaging through their website, which they generally ignore. They acknowledge their error, yet in one month of constant attempts to JUST GET A RETURN LABEL TO SEND THE PLANE BACK, the owner Stephen, just ignores me. I have had to file a dispute claim through VISA to try to resolve this matter.

This was my first order to them. Outstanding way to treat a new customer, isn't it?

Be VERY CAREFUL buying anything from them!"

Just to clarify this matter. I have spoke to Mike prior to Re Baron Mike prior to his posting date. I definitely acknowledged his purchase and our mistake in shipping. The incorrect airplane is in RED BARON MIKE's possession. During our telephone conversation RED BARON MIKE mentioned that he has already placed a dispute on his card. Which means he has brought the credit card company to notice. So if we do a refund, we will be double charged (according to our credit card service). RED BARON MIKE was very specific saying that we don't have to worry about doing a refund, because he is doing it through his end.

The only thing left is incorrectly shipped airplane. This is the only evidence that RED BARON MIKE has of our mistake. After ONE failed attempt at shipping the airplane back, we thought we are better off letting the incorrect airplane or evidence be left in RED BARON MIKE 's possession until we have been notified by the credit card company that the fund has been returned!!! In another words, RED BARON MIKE, got his refund while we felt it was only fair that he holds on to the only evidence of incorrect shipping until clarified.

WOW, we thought we were doing the right thing here... Yes, RED BARON MIKE got his refund and we specifically allow the airplane to sit at his location (until our credit card company tells us that it is resolved). Amazing how intentions are misinterpreted.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Red Baron Mike

Steven,

It is nice to get a response from you...finally. You reference one failed attempt to return the plane, Somehow I was not aware of this. All I know is from February 11th, I have been trying to get you to mail me a Fed Ex Return Label. The plane is packed and ready to go. It is a very simple matter. Mail the tag to me as you have my address. The same day I receive the tag, it will be shipped back to you. I will then notify VISA the matter is resolved.

Mail the tag to me, I will ship your plane back to you and state on this forum the matter is resolved, and our business dealings will be complete.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Red Baron Mike

Hey Steven,

Last week we spoke on the phone and you promised you were mailing a return label to me "that day" so I can finally return your Voodoo Mustang. Guess what, you apparently didn't do what you said because I haven't received anything from you and it only takes two days for mail from your location to mine.

What's the hold up now???

Mike
Old 04-05-2014, 01:32 AM
Pond Skipper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

12 days if you dont get any mail today = /
Old 04-05-2014, 12:08 PM
TampaRC

Typically I have seen that Asian owned operations do not put an emphasis on customer service. Its all about the money.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Red Baron Mike

To update this post, today, April 10th, I received the Fed Ex Label and returned the plane to Cermark. The matter is finally closed!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:07 PM
lfinney
My Feedback: (44)

can we get a administrator to remove this...its not the right place and the person posting is has posted this same issue on other threads...enough move on!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:04 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Tower Hobbies has earned my loyalty and trust over the years. The fewer suppliers I have to deal with, the better.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Red Baron Mike

Hey Ifinney,

It was posted elsewhere also as warnings to protect others. It is too bad members like you cannot relate! I also posted the last comment to close the matter out. If the thread bothers you, stay off of it and don't read it. Have you NOTHING better to do than complain about a posting?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:59 PM
hllywdb

I say leave the post up. There are a number of good venders out there who have earned their reputation by solving customer service problems quickly and fairly. They deserve our business and by the same token posts like these serve all of us. You never know how good your vendor is until there is a problem. I've had problem parts from both Tower and Bernie and it was the way they handled it that earned them my loyalty. The same can be said for my lhs as well.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:55 PM
lfinney
My Feedback: (44)

I can relate.to bad vendors/sellers..but give it a rest....I have had hundreds of transactions with cermark since 1993..never any issues and a phone call or email always was suffice.. they arent big like tower or others..one post is enough...
Old 04-12-2014, 06:52 PM
combatpigg

Companys can change ownership, change management, change policies, etc.
The OP gave Cermark opportunities to make things well and it seemed to take way more effort than what I consider good service.
If I ever encounter the same treatment, I'll use this forum like a blow torch to spread the word about it.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Red Baron Mike

Thanks for your comments. It was insane how long it took, especially since I retrieved my money through a complaint to VISA within a week of the problem. I honestly believe if I didn't post the information on this forum, which absolutely got their attention, this matter would still be an open issue.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:38 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Since the matter is resolved I'm going to leave this open for a short time then close it sometime tomorrow. It'll stay as a public record but I don't see much merit in leaving it open since such things seem to devolve quickly.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Red Baron Mike

BMatthews:

Thanks. Yes it is resolved and I want you to know this forum was very instrumental is getting the attention of this apathetic vendor and bringing the matter to a conclusion, even though it took a significant amount of time to get any action from Cermark.

Regards,
Old 04-15-2014, 12:03 PM
combatpigg

I'm glad to see this forum serve a useful purpose once in awhile..instead of just a place for old fogies to extend their childhoods.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Steve Westphal

I agree with Tampa RC concerning the Asian companies and their customer service. Last year I purchased an EDF XB-70 "Valkyrie" from Toysonics. The Tx wouldn,t come on so I mailed it back for service. They sent me a picture of the Tx full of batteries with the power light on. Who knows what they did but they said that all worked well. This whole process took 5 or 6 weeks. GEEZ!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 02:25 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Closed as promised......