Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Select Hobbies SkiniWag build thread

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Select Hobbies SkiniWag build thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 03:40 AM
RRGeoSmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It flies great. The TD hauls it a lot faster than the .033 does on mine. Congratulations on a great build, as usual.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:52 AM
hfenn

Thanks CP and George!
Here's another video from a different camera with some parts edited out. You may be able to make out the loops, an Immelman or two and a really sloooow roll. I'll be adding some more rudder throw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4idbLX1SfQ
Old 05-12-2015, 06:12 AM
Pond Skipper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice one Hollis, the lil bipe fought the wind well lots of wind looping and stunts!
If you have the opportunity
post another vid when the wind is down - early mornings or at the end of the day are the best odds.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:59 AM
hfenn

Originally Posted by Pond Skipper

If you have the opportunity
post another vid when the wind is down - early mornings or at the end of the day are the best odds.
Thanks PS, and this I know, but when the weather's been good, I couldn't go. I took a chance on this because I needed my buddy there to use the second camera. Looks like the Mobius does a passable job though. BTW, I also test flew a discus launch glider. Not ideal for it either, but Roger gave me some good launches.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:24 AM
exocet-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

after seeing that video, I GOTTA BUILD ONE!
Old 05-12-2015, 01:22 PM
skaliwag

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Hollis .. Great job my Friend. You handled it like a pro with only 2 channels..I would want a throttle for when my undies got full.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:06 PM
hfenn

Originally Posted by skaliwag
Hey Hollis .. Great job my Friend. You handled it like a pro with only 2 channels..I would want a throttle for when my undies got full.
Hi Steve, Thanks! When I started flying in 1982, all I had was a two channel radio, so every landing was dead stick. Anyway, I ain't skeered Did I mention I got a great deal on the kit at SMALL last year? We'll miss you there this year, but be sure I'll hoist one (at least) in your name!
Old 05-12-2015, 05:19 PM
skaliwag

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem Hollis.. Thank you for building one so nice, showing it and your 30 + years of building experiences off.
Certainly wants to find Angels heading into the wind under power doesn't she? And penetrates with power off.
Watching the video I am wondering how one (Skiniwag) would fly if set up in Dakota F/F configuration. Down and Left thrust.