Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

OS 15LA Engine Made In China ?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

OS 15LA Engine Made In China ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 02:21 PM
t587y28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 15LA Engine Made In China ?

I have OS 15LA Engines NIB and OS 15LA NIP Parts that are Mart Made In China?
I would like to find out any info about COO, current manufacture of the OS 15LA Engines ?

Thank you very much,

Gene
Old 06-06-2016, 04:17 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I've been involved with this hobby for about 30 years and it is my understanding the Japanese OS brand has been copied by other Asian based companies all this time.
OS are the ones who provide the research, development and of course the talent to create something that is unique with their genius. The other companies are basically "rodent-like" scavengers waiting in the shadows.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:42 PM
t587y28

OS is farming out some of its Engine production to China, willingly to save the Engine , or the profit line?
Old 06-06-2016, 05:16 PM
t587y28

The engine boxes are clearly marked Made in China, or Made in Japan.
The Japan has been removed from the Made in China engine.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the regular engine forum, there was a discussion about this a few years ago. I think most of their two-stroke engines are made in China, while the four strokes might still be made in Japan.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:43 AM
t587y28

I recently purchased several OS 15LA Engines from Tower Hobbies and all are Made In Japan.
I also purchased 2 EA OS 15LA Engines from Graves RC Hobbies, Orlando, Florida, both are Made In CHINA ?
Old 06-07-2016, 05:56 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Graves is a cool hobby shop. I am not surprised they are all Chinese now. As long as they are the same quality, I have no problem with it. A Yamaha is done like that too, probably a lot of Harley stuff. I got some Briggs and Stratton carb parts and even a Mercedes fuel filter that were made in Poland. They all work fine, everything is international. It is better than OS not selling the LA .15 any more, or raising the price even more. Hopefully they watch the QC. They stopped making many of the other sizes of LAs.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:07 AM
t587y28

I was concerned that the 15LA Engine was going to be discontinued, like the rest of the LA Engine Line.
This was my origial reason for stocking up on this engine.
I have OS 15LA Engine Parts that are Marked Made In China, and some of the same parts Marked Made In Japan?
I have OS 15LA Engines NIB Made In China?
Old 06-07-2016, 06:35 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe you should check to see if they all interchange. It may be important at some point when you need spares. This "LA .15 made in China" thing is getting plastered all over the forums everywhere. I really like the LA .15, but do like the ASP blue head .15 better. It is pretty hard to find them now, and if you do, the price really went up. China should revalue the money to what is should be. I have heard it is starting to move up. That will really hurt their country, and raise the price of a lot of stuff here. It may bring over a flood of immigrants here too. I don't mind them staying there and making nice toys for me at a good price. I just hope the hobby dealer networks continue to carry them instead of looking at the bottom line, and discontinuing 2 stroke stuff completely like what seems to be the case now.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:49 AM
t587y28

I am going to check to see if they are all interchange parts.
I am going to disassemble one of each made in Japan, China Engine to inspect each part, and to check for cleanliness.