Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Another Carolina 1/2A Crew Member Passes

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Another Carolina 1/2A Crew Member Passes

Old 01-17-2018, 08:24 AM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Carolina 1/2A Crew Member Passes

Guys, yes its been a while but just found out one of the original Carolina 1/2A Crew members has passed. Roger Bond AKA FlyingRog left on a final flight a few months back. Fair skys and light winds old friend!!

Bob
Old 01-17-2018, 09:21 AM
WINANS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that.

Scott
Old 01-21-2018, 06:31 AM
av8rsodt
My Feedback: (23)

I have been going through the 2003 vintage posts over the last few weeks and enjoying them tremendously. “FlyinRog” being one of the regular posters there.

Sad news but great times remembered from the 1/2A Carolina Crew...

Brian
Old 01-21-2018, 03:31 PM
av8rsodt

Originally Posted by BobHH
Guys, yes its been a while but just found out one of the original Carolina 1/2A Crew members has passed. Roger Bond AKA FlyingRog left on a final flight a few months back. Fair skys and light winds old friend!!

Bob

Bob, Is Dan (Deadstik) around? I have not heard his name or see him post in a long time. Brian
Old 01-21-2018, 04:40 PM
BobHH

Have not heard from him. I've swapped some post with Fireman and saw Raymond during one of my last vintage flyins a few years back but no one else. I've have been tied up with pylon racing but not doing much of that either. Actually having not flown much since my Dad past about 2 years ago. Tinkering with some small electric stuff a little. Much of it was what I had designed back when Dad broke his leg and retrieving nitro models was a pain. Wonder about Vicman and Hfenn?
I've got a 62 Thunderbird Sport Roadster I starting to restore so most of my free time has been taken up but there is a local electric only club I may visit.

Bob
Old 01-22-2018, 07:05 PM
av8rsodt

Bob,

Sorry to hear about your Dad passing. He was fun to be around and hear his stories of modeling times past. Incredible what you and he have done with regards to the older radios / electronics.

I have seen Raymond a few times in recent years at swap shops. I have not seen Vic or Fireman in the last two years either. HFenn is still kicking around in SC. He posts on RCG and visits SMALL each year.

Great restoration project - cool looking car!

Brian
Old 01-23-2018, 04:44 AM
BobHH

Still playing with some of the older stuff. I fly last year at the RDRC vintage flyin. I've gotten rid of most in my collection just kept some single channel stuff that I fly. Still like my little 1/2A engines! Electric is OK but the sound and smell of these little jewels brings back the memories!!
Old 01-25-2018, 08:59 PM
av8rsodt

I could not agree more. Boys and I still tinker with the Cox engines and enjoy 1/2A models.

Brian
Old 03-13-2018, 11:37 AM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! It’s good to see y’all although I much regret the circumstances. I hadn’t heard about Roger. That’s sad! Any info on what happened?

Bob, I’m sorry to hear about your dad. He was a good man and fun to talk to. I sure miss your Early RC Models kits. I haven’t flown in a few years but I know one day I’ll get back to it. Wish I had some of your kits to come back to.

Yes, Dan (Deadstick) is still around. Although, I don’t know if he does any flying these days.

Where I should the club you were talking about, Bob?

Brian
Old 03-13-2018, 03:06 PM
av8rsodt

Brian - Great to see still kick’n around this area. Thought about you and the other other Carolina Crew in recent months and then came across this thread.

How old are your kids now? I am sure they take most of your time outside of work..

Ran into Raymond at the Burlington swap shop a few weeks back. He was selling the last of his glow items - going all electric. He seems to be doing well and enjoying his flying club.

I have been busy with my boys (3) and daughter. Plenty to keep up with in terms of sports, concerts and school activities.

Finishing up some 1/2A models for this summer. My boys are getting excited.

The other Brian
Old 05-21-2018, 10:33 AM
cortacesped

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the loss of FlyingRog. In my case is the same as Brian (av8rsodt), since I joined in 2003, and Roger was one of the most prolific contributors to the forum by then.

Regards

Claudio
Old 05-21-2018, 05:06 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that Rog passed away. I was jut looking through some of the old design contest pictures and I thought I'd pop in to see what's happening. Fly high, Rog.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:14 AM
BobHH

Default Found This Picture Of Rog The Other Day

Going thru some old pictures and found this pic of Rog During one of the 1/2A Fly-ins he put own.