"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cloud ranger build by newer builder

Old 11-19-2018, 11:44 AM
mwohlenhaus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Cloud ranger build by newer builder

Currently building as my second model, per the wing construction directions it only has the rear innermost bottom sheeting going on prior to installing the dihedral shear web, do we just take the chance floating the brace to accommodate for the front piece of sheeting or do I partially glue the front sheeting on to fit the brace in and then finish attaching at the appropriate time? Can attach pics if needed
Old 11-22-2018, 12:13 PM
Tom Nied

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's hard to imagine, I don't have the kit, also probably why others haven't responded. Looking at the downloaded pdf instruction manual, I'd say you should just follow the instructions. You're not "floating" anything. Normally, you build one half, then build the other half. Sand the wing root so that leading edge, trailing edge and spar all match up, then glue the dihedral brace and wing halves together. Hope this helps. Looks like a nice kit.

Last edited by Tom Nied; 11-22-2018 at 12:56 PM. Reason: clarify my thoughts
Old 11-25-2018, 08:58 AM
mgnostic

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Photos are almost always helpful. I've had planes where the instructions didn't seem to make sense until one step or another and then it just kind of clicked and I could see how it worked. You may also find threads on other forums.
(Edit) LOL, just went to look at the rest of the 1/2 a threads and saw that you had been to the build thread for the same kit just below.

Last edited by mgnostic; 11-25-2018 at 09:04 AM.