Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Royals/ Marutaka zero

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Royals/ Marutaka zero

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 08:15 AM
Joseph Cassar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Royals/ Marutaka zero

I got a hold of an enya 19-V model 4005 and wanted to put it in a cool warbird so i thought, whats better then the Zero, since the engine is Japanese. I searched on outerzone for free plans and found 2 plans... one made for a 10 size engine and another one for a .20 size engine. I decided to build the 10 size bird from scratch. This is my first ever scratch build and i think its going good. What do you guys think ? Do you think a .19 engine is too big for the plane ? I also want to put retracts on this plane and was unable to find suitable ones... can you guys give me any recommendations ? or it is possible to build one myself ? if so how do i do that ? I really appreciate any feedback since I'm new in the hobby and don't have much experience. Thanks for looking !
Old 04-30-2020, 07:41 AM
mgnostic

Received 86 Likes on 74 Posts

You are not far off from where the 1/12 scale combat guys were going back in the 1990's. You will have to adjust the engine box to keep things under the cowl and make room for a fuel tank. As for retracts a lot of these airplanes were made to hand launch and belly land in the grass. If you are set on retracts, you might look at something from some of the smaller e-flight airplanes. For some info on building a warbird of this size take a look on Outerzone for an airplane called the Arsenal VG-33. It is an airplane that would be well matched to your engine. I flew mine with a .15. More importantly the plans are accompanied by an RCM article on the build that will have useful information.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:51 AM
Joseph Cassar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well im going to keep building the zero and will use the .19 engine. Hope it all goes well... if its too fast i think i can just cut back on throttle !
The following users liked this post:
mgnostic (05-09-2020)