Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Herr J-3

Old 09-28-2003, 10:03 AM
cropdusterdave
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Herr J-3

Anyone had any experience with the Herr J-3? Looks cute...good home for an os 10.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:12 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Herr J-3

never built a herr, but have only heard good things about them,,
Old 09-28-2003, 04:14 PM
MikeSell
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Herr J-3

Herr J3 is a great kit. It is light, quick to assemble, and durable in use. It literally floats yet is quite agile. I fly two regularly. One has over 15 air hours on it and the other is fast approaching that. Both mine have .061 norvels in them and balance nicely.

I believe that I wouldn't want one if it had a .10 in it. That would make it too nose heavy and over powered. If the firewall and nose of the plane were reinforced it might take it. A friend used a AP yellowjacket in his....what a disaster. Too much power and too much weight. Never attaind an enjoyable flight.

My first was built by extending the wings 2" each. My second the stock wing was replaced with a straight (no dihedral) 36" spruce sparred one with ailerons. The second flies well inverted, knife edge and does outside loops. Each of mine weigh less than 22 oz. dry.