Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Cox R/C Aircraft Collection

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cox R/C Aircraft Collection

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 05:59 PM
MartialArtist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cox R/C Aircraft Collection

I really wanted that Cessna skylane, but never had the chance to get one. Would you be willing to sell it? [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-23-2004, 11:28 AM
mikerc
My Feedback: (11)

I am looking for a Sky Rally Ultralight. Let me know if anyone has one.

Thanks
Mike
Old 03-13-2005, 11:41 PM
nexus7

Hello, I have the skyline but the tail is broken, the cowl is missing the wheel pants too. mine came with the original cox cobra 2 channel radio with one cox servo and one hitec. my cessna is in pretty good shape except for the missing parts. does anybody has a copy of the instruction manual or closer picures?? I would like to reproduce the rudder out of foam, the cowl and pants may be replaced by the ones that comes with the guillow's kit, what about the wing struts?? do you have those in yours?? if possible, would you post some closer pictures of the skylane?? the only thing i have found on ebay for the last 3 weeks is this one New In Box COX .O49 CESSNA RADIO CONTROL TRAINER Item number: 5963129558 I wonder how much the price will go up...
Old 03-14-2005, 03:13 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy cow!! was that just this past august?!..Man how time flys''seems like that was years ago..this is an old thread,, but I have 2 Cox Fairchilds now, one almost finished, no hurry to finish and 1 NIB....what a nice day it was today..a friend of mine showed up on her Harley today and I rode it for a bit,,then put the top down on the miata and rode out in the county..found a great spot for a flying field..never been down that road before...wish I had something ready to fly today !!........Rog
Old 03-15-2005, 06:41 PM
nexus7

Hey see what's on ebay right now... COX R/C POWER'D ULTRA LIGHT Item number: 5963260262
Old 06-29-2005, 10:52 PM
RobinB66

i have a few cox engines myself as well as a fairchild 24 i'm in the process of rebuilding. I like coxes and have a K&B 65 Sportser rc engine i'm trying to trade for a cox teedee .049 and teedee .09!
Cox airplanes rule. I'm always on the lookout for the cessna to add to the collection, also have a lazy bee i'm building for cox control!
Later Robin Barnard!!![8D]
Old 06-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Raleigh3Dflyer

I figure this would catch more attention here.. but I am looking for an RC cox cessna skylane in good condition willing to pay top going rate.... please e mail me if you have one you are willing to part w/. ... [email protected]

This is the first r/c plane my father flew and I am looking to getting one for him.. thank you
Old 08-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Tony A.

Hello Everyone,

I can't believe that I started this thread almost two years ago and it's still going. I'm thrilled to see so many of you, "Born Again Cox Kids (BACK)" sharing your childhood experiences with Cox Models. For years, I thought I was the only one whose childhood Cox years ran so deep but I was wrong. Seeing the passion and desire to keep those memories alive is truly awesome. Memories of my father helping me start my control-line PT-19 on a cool Christmas Day come flooding back everytime I smell a running Cox engine. Just seeing what people will pay for an old Cox Model goes to show how deep that connection is with the past. The big question is, "Will we ever see the variety of Cox Models that once existed?" The sad part over the last ten years is that I never thought I'd see this time coming in Cox History. Obviously, the personal computer has given kids other things to do with their time. For me, going to the hobby shop or looking through the Sears Wish Book and the JC Penney catalog for the latest gas powered models was exciting. Once in a while my dad would even buy me a Testors control-line airplane. OK...It wasn't a Cox airplane but they were still cool, just didn't fly as well as the Cox birds.

I'm still working on my collection so if anyone comes across a mint or good condition R/C Fairchild 24. Please keep me in mind. Keep the Cox memories coming! Happy flying and smooth landings!
Old 08-20-2005, 11:54 PM
subarubrat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw one and an ultralight (not the sky rally the other one) and I tried to email you but your email address as listed on RCU bounces back. I would love to see some detail pics of your Archer.

I am definatly in the Cox club, I have about the same enthusiasm for classic Atari stuff too. What is interesting is that Atari is trying a comeback effort at about the same time as Cox. They just released the Flashback 2 which although it appears to be another all in one classic game unit it is much more! The thing is actually using the Atari 2600 chipset and it can be modified easily with a cartridge slot and is compatable with original 2600 carts. The FB3 is supposed to come with a built in slot and there are rumors of new carts! But as far as Cox goes, I hope they too have a succesful comeback and that this industry is cyclical, perhaps we will see entire aisles full of Cox and Atari again.

My Cox collection is nowhere near my Atari collection but it is growing. I have 4 182s; one OEM with the original radio and engine, one electric, one NIB and one converted to a Norvel 061, and full house w/ flaps, aileron, elevator, rudder, brakes, and nosegear steering. The three flying are all completely different from eachother. I have a Centurion in OEM condition as well and a sky rally in the box. I am on the lookout for a Fairchild as well, but above all I really want to get my hands on a Piper Archer. I have a NIB 182 I would swap for a NIB Archer if anyone has one.

Full house 182 and Centurion:

Details of the engine and flaps:

The OEM 182:

The one NIB:

Old 08-21-2005, 03:48 AM
mikerc
My Feedback: (11)

If anyone finds or has the Cox Ultralight. (Sky Rally) Let me know. [email protected] Thanks.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:30 PM
cmulder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

for those who alre looking for the cox fairchild take a look at Item number: 5996221912
I will go after this one myself too so may the best bidder win

Good luck
Old 08-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Herman01

Hi, Tony.

I have the same Skylane you have. The white with the green and dark green trim.

I purchased it on QVC or possibly CVN at the time back in 1992 or around there.

How does one find models of that quality these days w/o breaking the bank.

Do you have any suggestions on how to convert this to electric?

Thanks

Herman
Old 08-31-2005, 06:24 PM
bigchap

it's good to see this stuff and a pity it isn't really common here in the u.k. or i too would buy them,i don't know if any of you collectors are interested but i have left hand and right hand cowl cheeks for an ez bee2,they are brand new and still in their bags,pm me and i'll send them to you at my cost,i'll only dump them otherwise and somebody might as well use them.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Herman01

Hi, subarubrat
Regarding your post above posted on 8/21/2005 5:54:41 AM (the one w/ the pictures).

Please see my post a few up from here to Tony dated 8/31/2005 10:46:53 PM .
I would like to ask you the same questions I asked Tony. Rather than restate them please take a quick look at the above mentioned post.

New questions for you:
Where did you buy your skylanes?
How long have you had them?
NIB does that mean new in box?
If so would you consider selling it?
If so how much would you ask for it?
Do you know where I can get another? (i have one but it's rather well used but still usable)

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:06 PM
subarubrat

I found all of mine on Ebay, except for one that I picked up elsewhere. I find that Ebay usually has one or two listed most of the time. I have had my oldest one for about 4 months or so. Yes, NIB means new in box. I am not interested in selling it, but I would trade it for a Cox Piper Archer in the same condition. If you look on ebay right now there is a Skylane for sale item num. 5996843472

The Skylane is a much more advanced and durable plane than the Centurion by all measures, and ages much better as well. The Skylanes stay pretty solid and ding resistant where the bare foam centurions are getting brittle and damage easy. I flew one of mine and then retired it.

As far as converting the skylane to electric, easy. Just get a firewall aluminum mount for a speed 400 motor, it has a top strap that screws down to hold the motor. There are other firewall type mounts out there. I used a speed 400 and a gearbox from a Kyosho Ferrias but just about any gearbox will work. A 20 amp ESC and a 1100 Thunder Power Lipo are a great combo but it will carry a TP 2100 as well but it flys a bit faster instead of beign a floater.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:17 AM
snomax1

dont fill all the way with fuel,u will get dizzy and fall down ,before,it runs out of fuel.i had alot of them atleast 10 old cox toys,pt19 twice,corsair,2 red dune buggies,dragster,the orange heli,cox comando jeep,spitefire it was electric cox mabe,cant remember,this was the earley 70s.oh the 3 wheel chopper bike,i was a spoiled rich kid.i know theres more,look at [email protected] take care .keep your fingers out of the prop.bruce.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:20 PM
flyinrog

Well, as long as this thread came back.....I won a Cox ARF Mantis today!!...Rog
Old 12-17-2005, 02:02 AM
djr01974

anyone try one of these www.coxmodeler.com the new mini warbirds ... I just ordered one .
Old 12-17-2005, 02:03 AM
djr01974

www.coxmodels.com sorry .
Old 12-17-2005, 06:27 AM
flyinrog

Ive read about some of them over in one of the electric forums...nothing specific one guy has put motors on all of them....maybe a nice .020 would work out ok but the paint wont stay on the foam...Rog
Old 12-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Gofli
My Feedback: (7)

Hi,

I just picked up a Sky Rally on ebay, and I am assuming when it gets here it wonat have a manual with it. Anyone got cg and throw reccomendations, or any flying tips? I plan to convert it to electric, probably with a small outrunner. Been wanting a model ultralight for years and years, ever since seeing a short lived mfr's model in a hobby shop. Hope it flies decent.

Thanks,
David
Old 12-21-2005, 09:08 AM
flyinrog

Hey another Carolina guy, well David I would thing Deadstik might be able to help or BobHH, maybe Raymond, they are the nostalgia group, I collect what I can, but crash more often than not...welcome to the group...Rog
Old 12-21-2005, 12:30 PM
EdgarGuzman

Hi, My name is Edgar Guzman, from Monterrey,Mexico. Well, by observing the Cox Collection it brought me good memories of my childhood when I used to see my brothers fly a Cox Centurion and a Testors P-40.
I think I owe Cox Hobbies a lot for letting me enter into the Flying Models Hobby World. Thanks to this experience I learned a lot and had so many hours of happiness that no other hobby could had brought to me.

I had to say that for me, the best of the best was the PT-19, you could really experience thrill flights with it, some real acrobatics. I dont know if it was because of its light weight or its design, but that plane was something special.

Now in days, theres a lot of models to fly where to choose from, but I think that Cox and perhalps Testors changed the lives of many Hobby enthusiasts even influencing in their careers. How many of us are working for fields related to Aerospace or Advanced Composites for Planes, or how many may have stayed away from bad stuff because of having something good to do on the afternoons and weekends.

Now It is in us to transmit this Hobbies to the next generations so they can also enjoy and experiment the wonder of flying and doing something with their hands.

Well, at the moment, my Job does not let me have to much time for Model Plane building, but I keep buying RC magazines and some static models that I have on boxes.

Well, I hope that people continue to fly U -Control planes..
Old 12-21-2005, 12:59 PM
MajorTomski

Has anyone besides me flown both versions of the Sportavia?

The kit that came with US N numbers was .049 powered, the one with German markings was electric. Big ole can motor and a 3-C size nicad power pack.

I still have a gas one that can be made flyable.

Tom OKC
Old 12-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Gofli
My Feedback: (7)

grrrrrr,

I won the auction, he told me he shipped yesterday, and today I get an email with my paypal refunded and he says UPS destroyed the plane....I dont see how he could possibly know that this fast....UPS does not move with that kinda speed, from my experience. I think he got a better offer...oh well.

Later,
David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.